Windows 10: Blue screen after system restore + now not accepting Windows password

Discus and support Blue screen after system restore + now not accepting Windows password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My wife's Windows 10 laptop today started up with all the icons and desktop shortcuts missing. Her files all appeared to still be in the correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by carohart, Jun 15, 2021.

1. carohart Win User

Blue screen after system restore + now not accepting Windows password

My wife's Windows 10 laptop today started up with all the icons and desktop shortcuts missing. Her files all appeared to still be in the correct location but it seemed odd. I checked for system restore points and there was one from yesterday so I said I would restore to this and see how it looked. The restore seemed to go okay and it ended with a restart. At this point the problems began. I had the 0xc000021a blue screen stop code. I then tried going into the troubleshooting options but each of these asks for the Windows login password. When I type this in it says this is incorrect so I'm unab

:)

carohart, Jun 15, 2021

2. System Restore Will Not Accept Password

This one has me puzzled and any help will be appreciated. The problem is System Restore does not recognize my Windows password. When I try a System Restore and enter my password, the message says the password is incorrect. It's the same password that I use successfully to logon to Windows. I do not understand why it is not accepted by System Restore when the very same password allows me to logon to Windows. The version of Windows is version 1511 build 10586.873.

I am hesitant to go to the Creators Update with this problem.

Thanks

TexasBandit, Jun 15, 2021
  3. System Restore Will Not Accept Password

I had same issue and finally discovered that I was logging in with a pin and now my password. When I signed in with password system restore accepted my password.

judykayand, Jun 15, 2021
  4. win10er Win User

System Restore Will Not Accept Password

They would never use a pin for anything other than logging on, I don't even think all pins are unique.

win10er, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Blue screen after system restore + now not accepting Windows password - Similar Threads - Blue screen system

2. Blue screen error after system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen error after system restore: Okay so I did system restore on my pc because I was having some freezing problems and before it wasn’t freezing so I thought it would be a good idea to do that and now my pc is doing the blue error screen loop and I can’t use system restore again because it’s asking for a...
  3. Blue screen error after system restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen error after system restore: Okay so I did system restore on my pc because I was having some freezing problems and before it wasn’t freezing so I thought it would be a good idea to do that and now my pc is doing the blue error screen loop and I can’t use system restore again because it’s asking for a...
  4. Blue screen error after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why is System Restore not accepting my Microsoft password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is System Restore not accepting my Microsoft password?: Hi, first of all apologies for my English. My name is Alessandro. Unfortunately I have got a virus probably while surfing internet archive org and it went totally anarchical. Laptop is an HP IT Pavillion and is currently not usable.After trying to use Windows defender to...
  6. Why is System Restore not accepting my Microsoft password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is System Restore not accepting my Microsoft password?: Hi, first of all apologies for my English. My name is Alessandro. Unfortunately I have got a virus probably while surfing internet archive org and it went totally anarchical. Laptop is an HP IT Pavillion and is currently not usable.After trying to use Windows defender to...
  7. Why is System Restore not accepting my Microsoft password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 System Restore not accepting password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 System Restore not accepting password: Hi, I updated my PC a month ago and have since not been able to get in. I boot up, and I get an error code/blue screen. I use automatic repair, and it doesn’t fix the issue. I get to the recovery screen to use system restore and I type the correct password in my account is...
  9. Bitlocker Not Accepting password after System Format

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Not Accepting password after System Format: Hello, I was having windows 10 on my Dell laptop and there were bitlocker password on my drives. However Iformatted my OS without unlocking the drives. And now I installed windows 10 pro, and now I am unable to unlock the drives which were protected by bitlocker. Is there...
  10. System Restore Will Not Accept Password

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Will Not Accept Password: This one has me puzzled and any help will be appreciated. The problem is System Restore does not recognize my Windows password. When I try a System Restore and enter my password, the message says the password is incorrect. It's the same password that I use successfully to...