Windows 10: blue screen after trying update Windows 10

Discus and support blue screen after trying update Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I tried to update my hp laptop to the latest update and something went wrong and I have a blue screen that is asking for my admin password. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thames1948, May 18, 2020.

1. blue screen after trying update Windows 10

Hello

I tried to update my hp laptop to the latest update and something went wrong and I have a blue screen that is asking for my admin password. I have no idea what it is because I have been using a fingerprint reader to log on for a very long time.

I am locked out of it, and didn't back up my files. What a mess this is.

I don't know if this means anything, but I have 2 admin logins. 1 with admin and another with admin with a fingerprint sign which is what I used before.

I also tried to reboot it with a ISO usb that I downloaded from Microsoft, but it doesn't do anything either. Maybe because I downloaded it on my old win xp machine.

Thanks.

:)

thames1948, May 18, 2020

2. Blue screen issue on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

To begin with troubleshooting I would like you to answer the following question:

• Could you please provide the make/model of your laptop?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting
    in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, May 18, 2020
  3. November updates blue screen Error

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• Are you using any third party software for chatting?

• Which anti-virus program are you using?
    For now, I suggest you to go to the below link and try the steps.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with the status, we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 18, 2020
  4. Roan T Win User

blue screen after trying update Windows 10

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, May 18, 2020
Thema:

blue screen after trying update Windows 10

1. blue screen after trying update Windows 10 - Similar Threads - blue screen trying

2. Blue screen after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen after Windows update: It seems that an error occurred while updating Windows on my computer. After the update, a blue screen appears with error code 0xc0000225. Even if I try to create a Windows installation USB and try to restore it, nothing happens. It doesn't even get reinstalled. I tried...
  3. Blue screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen after windows update: I have done a update on my Windows 11 computer and it would not restart. It’s now on a blue screen. Advanced options are talking about using windows recovery dvd. Is my work lost and how do I fix this...
  4. Blue screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen after windows update: I have done a update on my Windows 11 computer and it would not restart. It’s now on a blue screen. Advanced options are talking about using windows recovery dvd. Is my work lost and how do I fix this...
  5. Blue Screen after Windows 10 Update

Blue Screen after Windows 10 Update: Shouldn't Microsoft be responsible for loss of data and files when a Windows 10 update reboots and loses data and photos after the reboot especially when most of us do not know we should not reboot after a Blue Screen appears?...
  6. Blue screens after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screens after windows update: I have been recently experiencing blue screen problems, which happen multiple times a day. This started after I updated Windows 10 to its newest version. The support from previous version ended in November, which is why the update was necessary. I believe the previous version...
  7. Blue screen trying to update

Blue screen trying to update: I have tried clean installing windows abd uninstalling updates but still cant boot into windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-trying-to-update/4c1d1522-8a67-4b55-a4b2-dd3aaa0e8882
  8. Blue Screen after installation of Windows 10 update.

Blue Screen after installation of Windows 10 update.: I Installed the most recent update of Windows 10 about a week ago. Since then I periodically get a blue screen which states. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. What failed: Netwtw06.sys. I tried uninsatalling the update and it seemed to work for about 2 days and then my computer...
  9. windows 10 blue screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 blue screen after windows update: I keep getting the blue screen tried loads of things that I could do without a stick or memory to backup and not willing to erase my files and photos. How can I fix this? 'your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart' 100% and it stops there on the blue screen. critical...
  10. Blue screen after windows 10 update

Blue screen after windows 10 update: After installing the new version 1803 of windows 10 pro I have random blue screen for memory errors after a few minutes from windows startup. Below is the link with information about my system and some dumps: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgVpAltsDUXlgagJAPc9uq0j4oxUng What other...