Windows 10: Blue screen after updates. Boot files missing.

Discus and support Blue screen after updates. Boot files missing. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded win 10 latest update and now after logging on I get black screen error boot files missing ***Title modified from: I downloaded win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlexPuou, Feb 5, 2019.

1. AlexPuou Win User

Blue screen after updates. Boot files missing.

I downloaded win 10 latest update and now after logging on I get black screen error boot files missing

***Title modified from: I downloaded win 10 latest update and now after logging on I get black screen error boot files missing***

:)

AlexPuou, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Blue screen and stop code

Hi
    Jeferis,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What activity have you done to
      trigger the NTFS and FAT FILE SYS loop?

• were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the
    Boot
    Sequence were corrupted by the previous activity which
    triggered the Blue Screen Error and the loop. We recommend that you perform these
    suggested troubleshooting
    and see if there are any changes:

Startup Repair.

To access the
    Startup Repair Screen, turn off the
    PC 3-4 times(force shutdown),
    while on the Blue screen Error. This will route you to the
    Startup repair screen:

Advanced Boot Options > click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt

and run the following command:

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:  

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Blue screen after updates. Boot files missing.

Blue Screen of Death

Hi Kevin,

I am sorry to know that you are getting Blue screen errors.

Along with the suggestion provided by ZigZag, try the steps below.

If you see the blue screen only after sign-in
    and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
    • If this resolves the blue screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc), and run the all apps PowerShell command.
    powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821?wa=wsignin1.0

To uninstall a driver refer the steps below.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click On
      Device Manager.

• Then find the driver that you are trying to uninstall and right-click on it to
      Uninstall.

• Follow onscreen instructions to uninstall it.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Blue screen after updates. Boot files missing.

1. Blue screen after updates. Boot files missing. - Similar Threads - Blue screen updates

2. Blue screen after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen after updates: Hi Guys I am starting to get confused. This is now the 3rd time my laptop has thrown me a blue screen of death after there where some updates.But I cannot throw away that it doesnt allow me to activate my windows either , I have tried it but just tells me it cant activate . I...
  3. Blue screen after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen after updates: Hi Guys I am starting to get confused. This is now the 3rd time my laptop has thrown me a blue screen of death after there where some updates.But I cannot throw away that it doesnt allow me to activate my windows either , I have tried it but just tells me it cant activate . I...
  4. Blue screen on boot after Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen on boot after Windows Update: The problem is that I get blue screen on boot, with the error code 0xC000021A. When the percentage on screen hits 100%, it instantly shuts down, and the next time I boot I either get the same error, or I get automatic repair which fails every time. The first time this...
  5. Blue screen after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after update: So I installed the quality update 20H2 KB4023057 a few days ago and afterwards I started to get blue screens for Critical structure corruption rather frequently. In fact I had to type this up twice because I got one while typing it....
  6. Blue screen after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen after update: I've got this screen tried everything and nothing works after the update took place [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-after-update/16919a90-0dcb-412a-b792-ab00b06ed66f
  7. Blue screen after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screen after update: As the title says my pc blue screens everytime it tries to install new update. It also has the same error code: 0x800f0845. So does anyone know why is it doing this and is there any way to fix this? submitted by /u/THaT_NaMe_IS_tAK3N [link] [comments]...
  8. Blue screen after update

Blue screen after update: Windows did an update last night when shutting down. Now we only get a blue screen and a stop code of : whea_uncorrectable_error. I've tried resetting, recovery, and uninstalling and I can't get anywhere. Any ideas would be appreciated....
  9. Blue screen after update

Blue screen after update: Had several people in my company call in the past few days saying their computers had blue screened after running the January Windows update. We tried everything we could to get the computers to boot up at all but eventually had to resort to pulling the hd and throwing it in...
  10. Missing file after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing file after update: After upgrading my windows with a new update of windows 1903, I am getting a message saying : There was a problem starting C:\windows\system32\LogiLDA.dll The specified module could not be found. This message appears whenever my windows starts. What should I do ?...