Windows 10: blue screen after updating drivers

Discus and support blue screen after updating drivers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'll try to keep this brief, as I want to get all the details down in order to receive the best help! I'm using a brand new iBuyPower PC and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JordenFreeman, Mar 31, 2021.

1. blue screen after updating drivers

I'll try to keep this brief, as I want to get all the details down in order to receive the best help!

I'm using a brand new iBuyPower PC and I updated Windows, and thought everything was fine. I then proceeded to update the NVIDIA driver that is installed. I tried to run OBS and Elgato's Game Capture HD application, and it'll work for about 5 minutes to capture my PS$ footage, then I get blue screened with the following info:

Stop Code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

What failed: CY3104.X64.SYS

After looking into the issue, I ended up rolling back the NVIDIA driver. That didn't work, so I went with a hard reset of the PC. Still having the same problem. I dug around a little more and found that it may be an issue with the capture card Elgato HD60. Went ahead and installed its drivers... that didn't help either, unfortunately.

I don't know what to do from here! Hopefully this is a fixable issue :/

Thanks for any help in advance.

:)

JordenFreeman, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Mar 31, 2021
  4. blue screen after updating drivers

Blue Screen

Hi CreeperFarts,

It is possible that the issue is caused by a hardware issue or an outdated driver. For us to effectively know the reason behind this, kindly provide the information we need below:

• Are you facing this problem with a specific program?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior this issue?
    • Have you installed the latest drivers on your computer?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps on this
    link
    about Resolving stop (blue screen) errors in Windows 7.

Update us on the result so we can further assist you.

MaRoselle Cag, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

blue screen after updating drivers

1. blue screen after updating drivers - Similar Threads - blue screen updating

2. Blue screen after a monitor driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen after a monitor driver: I have updated my monitor driver from a pc helpsoft driver updater which is a known app from Realtek And the app asked me to restart the pc to apply the new driver and the blue screen comes inI tried to remove the hdmi cable and plug it back but nothing changeI can enter the...
  3. Blue screen after a monitor driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen after a monitor driver: I have updated my monitor driver from a pc helpsoft driver updater which is a known app from Realtek And the app asked me to restart the pc to apply the new driver and the blue screen comes inI tried to remove the hdmi cable and plug it back but nothing changeI can enter the...
  4. Blue screen loop after drivers update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen loop after drivers update.: Today I decided to check through my drivers and see what needs updating. I have this software can’t remember the name of but if I do I’ll add it that automatically does most of my driver updates for me. I’ve used it for a while since I’ve found windows sometimes missed...
  5. Blue screen loop after drivers update.

Blue screen loop after drivers update.: Today I decided to check through my drivers and see what needs updating. I have this software can’t remember the name of but if I do I’ll add it that automatically does most of my driver updates for me. I’ve used it for a while since I’ve found windows sometimes missed...
  6. Blue Screen After Reinstalling Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen After Reinstalling Drivers: Yesterday I tried to install a new driver for my AMD ryzen 7 5800x. I went through the installation process and went to restart my pc. It kept on coming up with the blue screen of death.I don't know what I did wrong but I didn't have much experience in the tech world and had...
  7. Blue Screen After Reinstalling Drivers

Blue Screen After Reinstalling Drivers: Yesterday I tried to install a new driver for my AMD ryzen 7 5800x. I went through the installation process and went to restart my pc. It kept on coming up with the blue screen of death.I don't know what I did wrong but I didn't have much experience in the tech world and had...
  8. Blue screen after installing drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after installing drivers: Hey, recently i broke my gpu geforce by dropping my drink accidently and it splashed inside my pc, idk if it broke anything else but it works now, my friend gave me his gpu and its a poseidon geforce 670 and i installed it and tried to run a game but it has fps lag on pixel...
  9. Blue screen of death after updating Display drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen of death after updating Display drivers: Error:- BSOD :- Critical_Process_Died and few other like Thread_stuck_in_Driver Tried all troubleshooting steps but no avail. Happens when I update the Graphic drivers >>Safe Mode and reboot issue persists. >>Reinstalled OS >>Recreated drivers >>same issue after updating...
  10. blue screen error after updating graphis driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blue screen error after updating graphis driver: Hi, I am using hp notebook laptop, hp 15-ba042au runs on Windows 10 Pro. It has AMD E-2 7110 Processor with Radeon R2 graphics. Now, my installed graphics driver version is 18.5.1. About a month ago I got an update from AMD of the graphics driver, version 18.7.1. After...