Windows 10: Blue Screen after upgraded to V.2004

Discus and support Blue Screen after upgraded to V.2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I Have a two years old HP laptop w/Intel display adapter upgraded to Version 2004 last week, it ran fine for most part for few days and all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Perf-TO, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Perf-TO Win User

Blue Screen after upgraded to V.2004

Hi,

I Have a two years old HP laptop w/Intel display adapter upgraded to Version 2004 last week, it ran fine for most part for few days and all of sudden I got a Blue Screen of Dead while I was on internet....

Is anyone knows or having same problem? I already rolled back to previous Version 1909.

Here is some more info regarding the event:-

• the upgrade notification was "auto push" not forced check updates now,
    • after upgrade, some of my setting was not kept, ie: the task bar was changed to white back ground, the volume was changed to really high from 10 to 36, reverted back to default "light mode" and some other minor customization,
    • in Setting, the "View Update History" only display Feature Update info., no longer display other history ie: Quality Updates, Driver Updates, Definition Updates...etc,
    • there was one more .NET framework update installed soon after the V.2004 installed,
    • it was stable for a few days,
    • no notification to update from hardware HP,
    • was using Google chrome browser when the BSoD happens,
    • it rebooted itself after the blue screen,
    • from viewing the event log at that time...there was error in AESM-SGX services when the time it crushes, that event no longer exist since I reverted back to previous version.

Appreciate any help or indication that when will be safe to update again update notification appear again, HP support has no info regarding this update nor indicating that all models has been fully tested with Version 2004.

Thank you in advance !

-Al

:)

Perf-TO, Jun 4, 2020

2. blue screen issue

after monthes of running system it was fine then on windows 7 it blue screened after looking it over myself and getting advice from local pc shop they suggest upgrading os will fix the issue so I upgraded to win 8.1 and along followed the blue screens now again upgrading after more advice I'm on win 10 and the bluescreens followed as a bad pool error rebooting I have included the requested report please help as spending the $150 the local pc shop wants is my next step

bigonexeon, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Blue Screen error with Bad_System_Config_Info after an upgrade

Hi Jan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts take by you in resolving the issue. I understand that after an upgrade you are receive Blue Screen error on the computer with Bad_System_Config_Info. I’ll help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the update that was installed on the computer recently?
    • What is the complete model number of the computer that you are using?

The “Bad_System_Config_Info” error means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Error 0x74: Bad_system_config_info
    and see if that helps.

Note: The last step in the above article talks about performing a reset on the computer. Resetting the computer will delete all the files and applications from the computer. Do not perform reset on your computer.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    . Select
    After an update was installed
    and perform the suggested steps.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Blue Screen after upgraded to V.2004 - Similar Threads - Blue Screen upgraded

2. Blue Screens after upgrading GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screens after upgrading GPU: I had a GTX 1060 and I have updated to an RTX 3070, in some games I get blue screens, it makes me a little angry because I used the Driver Verifier before taking the original minidump from when it originally happened to me, since they are no longer saved out of 5 because I no...
  3. Blue Screens after upgrading GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screens after upgrading GPU: I had a GTX 1060 and I have updated to an RTX 3070, in some games I get blue screens, it makes me a little angry because I used the Driver Verifier before taking the original minidump from when it originally happened to me, since they are no longer saved out of 5 because I no...
  4. Hyper-V after upgrade to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hyper-V after upgrade to 2004: HI all! I did the upgrade to 2004 last night and when I tried to launch one of my VM's, It came back with the error "the virtual machine is using processor specific features not supported on physical computer". The VM in question was upgraded to 2004 prior to my desktop that...
  5. Six Steps for a Successful Upgrade to v.2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Six Steps for a Successful Upgrade to v.2004: After suffering through many painful mistakes, I became determined to learn how the pros install feature updates to Windows. Eventually, I 'got it' and since that time I have not had trouble with a feature update. I would love to spare you from making the same mistakes I...
  6. Frequent Blue Screen happening on Windows 10 v 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent Blue Screen happening on Windows 10 v 2004: Since installing the ver. 2004 update, I've been having a lot of BSoD errors, usually with the stop code MEMORY MANAGEMENT, can someone read the info from the minidump files and see what's going on?...
  7. WIN 10 upgrade from V 1903 to V 2004

WIN 10 upgrade from V 1903 to V 2004: I recently purchased an HP Envy Laptop and it came installed with V. 1903 Build 18362.778, install date 03/17/20. EDGE version is 84.0.522.44. I have Windows Updates paused thru 02/08/21. My Laptop & Windows & Applications are working just fine. I create manual...
  8. Blue screen after upgrade to 2004 even with 20H2

Blue screen after upgrade to 2004 even with 20H2: Hi all, I made near twenty times the 2004 upgrade and, for the 5 last, directly the 20H2 from update process. Each time, despite dism check, sfc check, antivirus desinstallation, old drivers desinstallation, looking on all kind of problem in /Panther, each time, update...
  9. Blue screens after Ram upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screens after Ram upgrade: Hi, I got new Ram to Christmas and i wanted to install it wich I did. But now if I am using the Pc Blue screens are coming realy often here are some of them: Kmode exception not handelt, driver_verifier_detected_violation, Irql not equal or less, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED,...
  10. regarding blue screen after upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    regarding blue screen after upgrade: The laptop supposedly completely upgraded to Wind ows 10, but after it's put on now the blue screen shows up with four options to choose from which are the continue, device, troubleshoot or turn PC off ones. Certainly, at least some of you must be familiar with this kind of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 20h2 upgrade bsod memory management