Windows 10: Blue screen after upgrading HDD with SSD

Discus and support Blue screen after upgrading HDD with SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello community members, I have a toshiba satelite L850 1DV and I though to upgrade it with an SSD and additional RAM. The RAM so far was OK working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SCHOOLTOSHIBA, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Blue screen after upgrading HDD with SSD

Hello community members,

I have a toshiba satelite L850 1DV and I though to upgrade it with an SSD and additional RAM. The RAM so far was OK working perfectly with the old toshiba HDD, to be expected as it was suggested by the retailer from whom I bought the laptop.

But the Patriot Burst 240 GB SSD that I choose has made me crazy. It keeps freezing my laptop every now and then and giving me a bluescreen and whatever I try doesnt work.

Firmaware is updated, checked the patriots tool, I have installed Intel RST and disabled LPM, have changed the advanced power settings, have disabled disk indexing and all the things that come as solutions in a google search for that matter. Have checked the disk for errors through cmd and patriots tool. Also please note that I have kept me old HDD as second drive for more space through a HDD optical disk caddy.

So could anyone please help and give me any insights because I need to be able to work and save files on this laptop for my studies.

:)

SCHOOLTOSHIBA, Oct 18, 2018

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 18, 2018
  3. jr1107 Win User
    Upgrading from HDD to SSD on Windows 10

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade my current HDD (on my laptop) to a Samsung Evo SSD and I have some queries regarding the process. I am aware of the whole media creating process but I'd just wanna know if there would be any activation issues. I believe these are
    the steps involved.

1. Download the media creation tool. (Please confirm which one)

2. Replace HDD by SSD.

3. Boot from USB Drive and install on SSD. (It should not ask for a license)

4. Install all drivers.

Is this it? Did I miss any step?

Thank you

jr1107, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Blue screen after upgrading HDD with SSD

blue screen issue

after monthes of running system it was fine then on windows 7 it blue screened after looking it over myself and getting advice from local pc shop they suggest upgrading os will fix the issue so I upgraded to win 8.1 and along followed the blue screens now again upgrading after more advice I'm on win 10 and the bluescreens followed as a bad pool error rebooting I have included the requested report please help as spending the $150 the local pc shop wants is my next step

bigonexeon, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Blue screen after upgrading HDD with SSD

1. Blue screen after upgrading HDD with SSD - Similar Threads - Blue screen upgrading

2. Getting blue screens at startup after ssd upgrade on Acer laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting blue screens at startup after ssd upgrade on Acer laptop: Hey guys!So I have an Acer nitro 5 AN515-54-5812 and I added a 4tb Corsair SSD CT4000P3PSSD8B to the second m.2 slot. At first the laptop seemed fine; booted up like normal. Although, the new SSD did not show up in disk management, which is strange. I restarted the laptop,...
  3. Window 11 installation after HDD to SSD upgradation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 installation after HDD to SSD upgradation: hi, I am using a windows 10 home version and recently I got update notification to change my OS to Windows 11. But since I am planning to change my HDD to SSD, I would like to know whether I can install Windows 11 directly after hard disk updation. If so how can I install...
  4. Window 11 installation after HDD to SSD upgradation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 11 installation after HDD to SSD upgradation: hi, I am using a windows 10 home version and recently I got update notification to change my OS to Windows 11. But since I am planning to change my HDD to SSD, I would like to know whether I can install Windows 11 directly after hard disk updation. If so how can I install...
  5. Upgrade Laptop HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Laptop HDD to SSD: I want to replace the slow HDD in my Dell refurb Latitude laptop with an SSD. Win 10 Pro product key is on sticker on bottom of computer. Do I just clone the HDD to SSD or do something else?...
  6. Upgradation of HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgradation of HDD to SSD: I want to upgrade my laptop's hardware configuration. I want to change my HDD to SSD. But If i want a fresh installation of Windows 10 to my new SSD then how I will put my Product key there as it is OEM provided....
  7. upgrade hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Customization
    upgrade hdd to ssd: Good Morning/Evening, I would like to upgrade the hdd of my laptop to ssd. I need all my files and os unchange. May you folks advise me the procedure? thanks beforehand for your help. regards mark...
  8. upgrade from HDD to SSd

upgrade from HDD to SSd: HI, I have a Lenovo desktop with an AMD E1 processor and a conventional 500gb hard drive. I'm thinking about upgrading this hard drive to an SSD in order to improve performance. How much more responsive would the computer be?? Is it worth it to make this switch?? Thanks...
  9. Upgrade to SSD from HDD

Upgrade to SSD from HDD: I have old Sony Vaio AIO desktop that I want to replace the HDD with 256GB SSD. Current OS is latest version of Windows 10. Computer has Legacy bios and uses Std Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller. I plan to do a clean install of windows 10 . I understand that I need to change...
  10. replacing laptop HDD with SSD after W10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    replacing laptop HDD with SSD after W10 upgrade: replacing laptop HDD with SSD after W10 upgrade and activation If I clean install W10 to the new SSD, will Windows activate automatically..... thanks 45559

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd blue screen

2. upgrade pc hd to ssd and blue screen