Windows 10: Blue Screen after waking up from sleep (disk_IMAGE_storahci.sys)

Discus and support Blue Screen after waking up from sleep (disk_IMAGE_storahci.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop(Dell Inspiron 5567, purchased in January 2017) has been recently experiencing Blue screen issues, particularly after waking up from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AaronMathias, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Blue Screen after waking up from sleep (disk_IMAGE_storahci.sys)

Hi,

My laptop(Dell Inspiron 5567, purchased in January 2017) has been recently experiencing Blue screen issues, particularly after waking up from sleep. The error that I receive in the reliability monitor is

0x9F_3_disk_IMAGE_storahci.sys

I've searched forums but haven't found anything related to "disk image".

I will now provide some more details that may help. The following are as per the reliability monitor. I have included only the dates were I had system problems.

2/19/2019- The issue started on 2/19/2019. I had recently installed Android Studio and connected my old Samsung Galaxy to my computer. Went for dinner but kept the phone connected, only put the laptop to sleep. When I opened it, the login screen did not get displayed but the dell logo came up, showing me that it go restarted. I ignored the issue thinking that maybe a faulty driver for the phone got installed.

Error was atikmdag. Read online it had something to do with amd drivers, I installed a new driver(Amd driver) and ran a Mcafee scan as well as sfc scan.

2/26/2019- Again the same issue, but this time my phone was disconnected. Checked dump files(online) and reliability monitor. Gave me a new error.

IMAGE_iaStorA.sys. Read online and a couple of forums and determined it had something to do with Intel RST drivers not functioning properly. Followed a tutorial and Uninstalled all Intel RST drivers. This seemed to have helped. I didn't experience any issues until today.

3/11/2019- I needed to connect my headphones in the morning. Didn't have my computer plugged in. Put it on and then left. Came back after 15 minutes. Since the sleep time was probably 1 minute, it went off to sleep by itself. Pressed the power button and Voila! The dell logo! I was annoyed and frustrated since this never happened earlier. But this time some new issue arose. 0x9F_3_disk_IMAGE_storahci.sys. Not sure what to do now.

The following is the dump file analysis.

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
    A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time (usually 10 minutes).
    Arguments:
    Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
    Arg2: ffffe7864269d0a0, Physical Device Object of the stack
    Arg3: ffff810525257c20, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
    Arg4: ffffe78642a32920, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
    ------------------

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2

DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3

IMAGE_NAME: storahci.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

MODULE_NAME: storahci

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff8071ac00000 storahci

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

PROCESS_NAME: RAVBg64.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

STACK_TEXT:
    ffff****f605a7 : 00000000`0000000e 00000000`016e3600 ffffe7****705d401 00000000`00000004 ffff8105`2a2ab440 : nt!KiDispatchInterruptContinue
    ffff8105`2a2ab3b0 fffff804`6705d401 : 00000000`00000004 ffff8105`2a2ab440 ffffe786`40cf2700 ffffe786`00000002 : nt!KiDpcInterruptBypass+0x25
    ffff8105`2a2ab3c0 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiInterruptDispatchNoLockNoEtw+0xb1

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_3_disk_IMAGE_storahci.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_3_disk_IMAGE_storahci.sys

Followup: MachineOwner

I would be really grateful if anyone could provide some help. I you need more information I will provide them as needed.

Thanks and regards,

Aaron

:)

AaronMathias, Mar 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 blue screens after waking from sleep.

Steps to that cause this problem:

• Allowing windows to sleep.
    • Waking once, logging in.
    • Allowing it to sleep once more.
    • Wait for some time like 2 hours.
    • Try to login again.
    After all these steps my laptop Dell Vostro 3546, stops responding on the login screen, no inputs will be taken and then Blue screens by saying Critical_Store_Exception. I have collected some crash dumps and posted it here: CrashDumps.

Blue Screen View says that the BSOD happened because of something went wrong with the ntoskrnl.exe, address ntoskrnl+142760, file version of ntoskrnl.exe is "10.0.10586.306 (th2_release_sec.160422-1850)".

Aniruddha S Prasad, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Blue Screen dxgmms2.sys PAGE_FAULT

Hi,

Dxgmms2.sys blue screen errors are related to corrupted or outdated device driver. We suggest checking this
    link for troubleshooting blue screen errors as an initial step to resolve this issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Blue Screen after waking up from sleep (disk_IMAGE_storahci.sys)

Blue Screen because of cm11264.sys

Hi,

This blue screen error due to cm11264.sys error could have happened due to the corrupted Windows component. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist.

Anthony Gal, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Blue Screen after waking up from sleep (disk_IMAGE_storahci.sys)

1. Blue Screen after waking up from sleep (disk_IMAGE_storahci.sys) - Similar Threads - Blue Screen waking

2. blue screen after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue screen after waking from sleep: Hello, each time I try to wake my computer from sleep, I get a blue screen of death. The computer restarts and heads to the bios screen, in which I restore to default cause i have no idea what to do in bios and keep on, I dont know much about computers but I think I managed...
  3. blue screen after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blue screen after waking from sleep: Hello, each time I try to wake my computer from sleep, I get a blue screen of death. The computer restarts and heads to the bios screen, in which I restore to default cause i have no idea what to do in bios and keep on, I dont know much about computers but I think I managed...
  4. Blue screen after waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after waking up from sleep mode: Hi Recently i have a werid problem. I used ccleaner to update all my drivers on my laptop acer nitro 5. Now after waking up i have every time bluescreen. I read i the other ticket that you guys ask for minidump files. My pc produced few files all from the same day.Please help...
  5. Blue screen after waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen after waking up from sleep mode: Hi Recently i have a werid problem. I used ccleaner to update all my drivers on my laptop acer nitro 5. Now after waking up i have every time bluescreen. I read i the other ticket that you guys ask for minidump files. My pc produced few files all from the same day.Please help...
  6. Blue screen after waking up from sleep mode

7. Blue screen after waking up from sleep

Blue screen after waking up from sleep: Hi,Recently I get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleep. The bluescreen says "CRITICAL" something, but when I look into reliability reports there is no report of the BSOD. Any other ideas?Thanks and Regards,...
  8. Blue screen after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen after waking up from sleep: Hi,Recently I get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleep. The bluescreen says "CRITICAL" something, but when I look into reliability reports there is no report of the BSOD. Any other ideas?Thanks and Regards,...
  9. Blue screen after waking up from sleep

10. Blue Screen After Waking From Sleep

Blue Screen After Waking From Sleep: Hello there, I have been plague with crashes after waking from sleep for a month. I hope you could provide me more insight what may be cause of it. I have searched the forum and mostly are mentioning to update my driver however I have checked Device Manager and determine the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. image_storahci.sys bluescreen