Windows 10: Blue Screen and Auto Repair Loop

Discus and support Blue Screen and Auto Repair Loop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there! I've been trying to get my PC to work for days, but it's just not budging. I think this is due to the fact that, somehow, the Windows OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Genegerbread, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Blue Screen and Auto Repair Loop

Hi there!

I've been trying to get my PC to work for days, but it's just not budging. I think this is due to the fact that, somehow, the Windows OS has been completely wiped from my device. I'll give you the information I have, and what I've done thus far.

BEFORE ANYTHING: My blue screen error code is "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED," I'm not sure if this helps.

1. Restarting and Shutting Down: I've tried restarting a lot of times now. I've done the same with shutting down.

2. Continue to Windows 10: I can't continue to Windows 10. It just blue screens and brings me back to advanced options.

3. Use a Device: Today, using Assistant Boot Camp on Mac, I downloaded an ISO file, and followed the following guide with success:https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windows-10-installer-usb-drive-mac I'm not sure if I was supposed to do anything else, but I have the setup and other files ready to go. I've tried the following:

- UEFI:CD/DVD Drive

- UEFI:Removable Device

- UEFI:Network Device

Sadly, choosing any of these options with the USB plugged in has resulted in restarting, blue screening and bringing me back to the advanced options screen, where I must then restart again to see the "Use a Device" option.

4. Reset this PC - Keep My Files: I'm prompted to enter my password. Then, the following two options come up:

- When I choose "Cloud Download," after it says "Getting connection ready," it says "Unable to download. Please try to reset this PC using the local reinstall option."

-When I try the local reinstall option, it gives me the message that "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made."

5. Reset this PC - Remove Everything: The following happens:

- Cloud Download: There was a problem resetting your PC.

- Local Reinstall: There was a problem resetting your PC.

6. Startup Repair: This just starts diagnosing my PC, and then comes up with the error message of "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC," followed by "Log file: C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

7. Startup Settings: For Startup Settings, I've tried 1 enable low-resolution video mode and 4 enable safe mode, but both just end in my computer blue screening and bringing me back to the same menu.

8. Uninstall Updates: I get the following errors when trying to uninstall any updates:

- Latest Quality Update: We ran into a problem and won't be able to uninstall the latest quality update of Windows.

- Latest Feature Update: We ran into a problem and won't be able to uninstall the latest feature update of Windows.

9. UEFI Firmware Settings: When I restart to change my UEFI Firmware Settings, it actually works, and brings me to the settings. I've gone to BIOS Settings F10, where I went to Boot Options to change the UEFI Boot Order so USB CD/DVD ROM Drive and USB Flash Drive/USB Hard Disk would boot before OS Boot Manager, but it didn't work. It still blue screens and brings me to advanced options.

10. System Restore: I have 2 restore points: Automatic Restore Point Type = System and HPSF Applying Updates Type = Install. I used this command prompt guide to check off the ability to restore the C: disk.

- Error Message: When I do this, for both restore points, the following error message shows up: "System Restore failed while restoring the registry from the restore point. An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. 0x80070002.

- Advanced Recovery Method: Below the error message, it says "If you continue to see this error, you can try an advanced recovery method." Not sure what this means?

11. System Image Recovery - Use the Latest Available System Image: Once I click on this, the following message comes up: "Windows cannot find a system image on this computer. Attach the backup hard disk or insert the final DVD from a backup set and click Retry. Alternatively, close this dialog for more options. I'm unable to choose "Use the latest available system image" as an option.

12. System Image Recovery - Select a System Image: This is where I'm stuck. I'm assuming I need to install something from the folders. From my recovery folder, I have the following:

- Folders: $WInPEDriver$, boot, BootCamp, efi, sources, support

- Other: autorun, AutoUnattend, bootmgr, bootmgr.efi, setup

If there's anybody who could answer my question about how I can get Windows 10 back up and running on my PC, that would be wonderful. Thanks for reading!

:)

Genegerbread, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Blue screen and stop code

Hi
    Jeferis,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What activity have you done to
      trigger the NTFS and FAT FILE SYS loop?

• were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the
    Boot
    Sequence were corrupted by the previous activity which
    triggered the Blue Screen Error and the loop. We recommend that you perform these
    suggested troubleshooting
    and see if there are any changes:

Startup Repair.

To access the
    Startup Repair Screen, turn off the
    PC 3-4 times(force shutdown),
    while on the Blue screen Error. This will route you to the
    Startup repair screen:

Advanced Boot Options > click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt

and run the following command:

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:  

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Blue screen in terminal loop

Hi,

The blue screen error that you encounter can be triggered due to a possible hardware or hardware driver software failure. To isolate your concern, could you confirm if you have made any changes on your device prior to your concern? Also, are you getting
    any messages for the blue screen error?

As an initial step to get out of the blue screen loop, we suggest that you perform a startup repair by booting to
    System Recovery Options through a hard reboot. To do this, follow these steps:

• Turn on your device.
    • When the Windows logo appears, press the power off button or unplug the power source to force shutdown your device.
      (If you're using a laptop, remove the battery. Note: Refer to the manufacturer's site on how to remove the battery of your device.)
    • Perform this step three times. On the third time that you turn on your computer, wait for the
      Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      >Advanced options > Automatic Repair.
    • Select Windows 10.
    • If prompted, select an administrator account.
    • Type in your password and click Continue.
    • Wait for the repair to complete.

Once you're done, check if your device will boot normally.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jun 22, 2020
  4. RayB63 Win User

Blue Screen and Auto Repair Loop

blue screen and error 0xc000021a and the continuous repair loop

blue screen and error 0xc000021a and the continuous repair loop
    please help
    Attachment 50235

Attachment 50236

RayB63, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Blue Screen and Auto Repair Loop

1. Blue Screen and Auto Repair Loop - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Auto

2. Auto Repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Repair loop: I was trying to help a neighbor with his computer. He forgot his startup password. After several guesses his computer went into the auto repair loop. I did all the tests and everything passed. I did a chkdsk. Nothing worked. I don't have a boot disc or thumb drive. What can I...
  3. Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto repair loop: Hey I kinda need help with something. When I turn on my laptop I get taken to an auto repair thing. I’m not able to reset my pc or run a sfc scan. I’ve been stuck on that for hours and I really need help trying to fix it. I’ve been looking up things to help me escape it but I...
  4. Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto repair loop: Hey I kinda need help with something. When I turn on my laptop I get taken to an auto repair thing. I’m not able to reset my pc or run a sfc scan. I’ve been stuck on that for hours and I really need help trying to fix it. I’ve been looking up things to help me escape it but I...
  5. Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto repair loop: Today when I turn on my laptop, I get a black screen that says "preparing automatic repair" and then changes to "diagnosing PC". They take me to a blue screen with various options. I have searched the internet on how to solve this, but nothing has worked. Whenever I tried...
  6. Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto repair loop: Today when I turn on my laptop, I get a black screen that says "preparing automatic repair" and then changes to "diagnosing PC". They take me to a blue screen with various options. I have searched the internet on how to solve this, but nothing has worked. Whenever I tried...
  7. Auto repair loop

Auto repair loop: Hi, my asus laptop is stuck in an auto repair loop any fixes i cannot restart nor boot into safe mode F4 i also recently got this app so called restoro to scan my laptop for any viruses or updates . When it was scanning it had a blue screen idk why could this new app cause...
  8. auto repair loop

auto repair loop: I have a pc that I use for gaming it recently started going in a loop auto repair mode telling me stop code page fault in non page are and it says what failed win32k.sys I have tried the offered fixes in auto repair with no luck I am not computer lterate but would really...
  9. Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto repair loop: y windows 10 got stuck on the auto repair inicialization loop. I've tryed everything, even restauring the system keeping only the files and it didn't work. I think it's a hardware problem. At the end I bought another notebook, and I'd like to know if there is a way of copying...
  10. Blue Screen and Auto Repair Loop on HP Omen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue Screen and Auto Repair Loop on HP Omen: Hi there! About 1 month ago, I purchased a new HP Omen PC. I started having problems with it two days ago, though. For context, I have two monitors. I was playing WoW, and it froze, so I had to reboot. It rebooted with only one monitor working, and when I checked my Device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we ran into a problem and wont be able to uninstall the latest quality update