Windows 10: blue screen and black screen of death

Discus and support blue screen and black screen of death in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ive been using a laptop for a few months now and i keep getting blue and black screen of deaths after an update. Sometimes i get a blue screen while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Varsha Vasudevan, Jan 21, 2021.

1. blue screen and black screen of death

Ive been using a laptop for a few months now and i keep getting blue and black screen of deaths after an update. Sometimes i get a blue screen while trying to update. Most of my blue screens are the system error. I get black screens when I try to access videos or connet thru zoom. ive managed to install the latest windows update but i feel like its causing more problems.

:)

Varsha Vasudevan, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Jan 21, 2021
  3. J-Man Win User
    Blue screen of death?

If anyone happens to know the error called "DRIVE_IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS" please let me know. It says that on the blue screen of death I call it.

J-Man, Jan 21, 2021
  4. blue screen and black screen of death

Blue Screen of Death

Hi Kevin,

I am sorry to know that you are getting Blue screen errors.

Along with the suggestion provided by ZigZag, try the steps below.

If you see the blue screen only after sign-in
    and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
    • If this resolves the blue screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc), and run the all apps PowerShell command.
    powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821?wa=wsignin1.0

To uninstall a driver refer the steps below.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click On
      Device Manager.

• Then find the driver that you are trying to uninstall and right-click on it to
      Uninstall.

• Follow onscreen instructions to uninstall it.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

blue screen and black screen of death

1. blue screen and black screen of death - Similar Threads - blue screen black

2. Black and Blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black and Blue screen of death: Hello, so my pc started to get blue screen of death several times I took the choice to reinstall windows with erasing everything on the pc, but it didn’t fix the problem. Even today I saw the manufactur logo in startup of the BIOS but then everything went black. I pressed the...
  3. Black and Blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black and Blue screen of death: Hello, so my pc started to get blue screen of death several times I took the choice to reinstall windows with erasing everything on the pc, but it didn’t fix the problem. Even today I saw the manufactur logo in startup of the BIOS but then everything went black. I pressed the...
  4. Black and Blue screen of death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Blue Screen / Black Screen of Death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Blue Screen / Black Screen of Death: Hi, my PC has been bluescreening recently, I suspect its Graphics Card related - I use a program called VoiceMeter Banana, It sometimes causes issues around the time of Bluescreens. I think it is Linked to the restarts. Before the bluescreens, the entire computer locks up and...
  6. Windows 10 Blue Screen / Black Screen of Death

Windows 10 Blue Screen / Black Screen of Death: Hi, my PC has been bluescreening recently, I suspect its Graphics Card related - I use a program called VoiceMeter Banana, It sometimes causes issues around the time of Bluescreens. I think it is Linked to the restarts. Before the bluescreens, the entire computer locks up and...
  7. Blue/Black screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue/Black screen of death: I've been having the blue screen of death problem since I bought a new laptop that is Asus VivoBook flip 14.The problem happens really randomly nearly once a day, and I couldn't find any connecting factors that might help me understand the reason behind the problem.This is...
  8. Blue/Black screen of death

Blue/Black screen of death: I've been having the blue screen of death problem since I bought a new laptop that is Asus VivoBook flip 14.The problem happens really randomly nearly once a day, and I couldn't find any connecting factors that might help me understand the reason behind the problem.This is...
  9. Blue screen of death then black screen of death please help..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screen of death then black screen of death please help..: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Panda_Sap [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lrigi3/blue_screen_of_death_then_black_screen_of_death/
  10. Blue screen of Death turns to Black Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen of Death turns to Black Screen of Death: Hello Everyone, My Sony VAIO Laptop SVE1712C5E has died from a screen of blue then turns to screen of black. I used the Assist button to reset my laptop to factory settings Windows 8, but it still suffers the same problem. It just keeps on restarting and then all black...