Windows 10: Blue screen at log in unable to access files on pc

Discus and support Blue screen at log in unable to access files on pc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I try to log in to my user account on our pc, I no longer get the photo - I just get the blue screen. It is very slow to load windows after that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Snowdrop_671, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Blue screen at log in unable to access files on pc

When I try to log in to my user account on our pc, I no longer get the photo - I just get the blue screen. It is very slow to load windows after that - get a message saying something like 'preparing windows' . When it has finished, I can't see/access any of my files on the pc. We know they are there because of the disk space usage. I've looked though every single file I can access and just get a 'this folder is empty' message for example the documents file.

I can see the files on one drive and can save files there. Firefox behaves as if I'm a new user each time, none of the search history etc is saved and I can't open any of the office apps from the start bar although I can open a document sent to me.

It almost as though I'm logging in through a vpn - but we haven't set one up for this account. The other user account on the pc is not affected.

Help please!

Many thanks

:)

Snowdrop_671, Feb 8, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Feb 8, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Blue screen at log in unable to access files on pc

Blue screen and stop code

Hi
    Jeferis,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What activity have you done to
      trigger the NTFS and FAT FILE SYS loop?

• were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the
    Boot
    Sequence were corrupted by the previous activity which
    triggered the Blue Screen Error and the loop. We recommend that you perform these
    suggested troubleshooting
    and see if there are any changes:

Startup Repair.

To access the
    Startup Repair Screen, turn off the
    PC 3-4 times(force shutdown),
    while on the Blue screen Error. This will route you to the
    Startup repair screen:

Advanced Boot Options > click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt

and run the following command:

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:  

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Blue screen at log in unable to access files on pc

1. Blue screen at log in unable to access files on pc - Similar Threads - Blue screen log

2. My pc keeps blue screening on the log in screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc keeps blue screening on the log in screen: Heyo ,My pc crashed yesterday to this screen but worked after it restarted but now today every time I load up my pc it crashes to this screen either before the log in screen or just after I've logged in . It restarts it's self then does the exact same . I've tried wiping the...
  3. My pc keeps blue screening on the log in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps blue screening on the log in screen: Heyo ,My pc crashed yesterday to this screen but worked after it restarted but now today every time I load up my pc it crashes to this screen either before the log in screen or just after I've logged in . It restarts it's self then does the exact same . I've tried wiping the...
  4. My pc keeps blue screening on the log in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blue screen and not logging in.

Blue screen and not logging in.: My pc didnt work so i resteted it, then a blue screen appeared and made me log in my account, the password being wrong even tho i put the right one, so i downloaded windows 10 oon my brothers pc on a usb drive, but i tried to factory reset my pc using windows uefi bios...
  6. Blue screen and not logging in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen and not logging in.: My pc didnt work so i resteted it, then a blue screen appeared and made me log in my account, the password being wrong even tho i put the right one, so i downloaded windows 10 oon my brothers pc on a usb drive, but i tried to factory reset my pc using windows uefi bios...
  7. Blue screen and not logging in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Log-in screen issue screen jumping back, unable to log in and access desktop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log-in screen issue screen jumping back, unable to log in and access desktop: So my laptop Lenovo ideapad 320 crashed, reset itself and began doing an update. Once the update finished, it reset itself again and the time/date screen came up as normal. Then, when I click to advance to the log-in screen, it jumps back to the time/date screen and...
  9. Unable to log into PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to log into PC: I am asked to type into Username and a password. But I haven’t used any username and haven’t set up any accounts there. It is not a new PC because I purchased it from a friend of mine. My friend says he removed his account from there. Why is it happening? Could you help me...
  10. Constant Blue Screens and no Log Files

Constant Blue Screens and no Log Files: My PC started having multiple blue screen crashes, and my system is not creating the log files, it just hangs at 0% complete, I have checked and reset Startup & Recovery System Failure settings and settings are correct, still no crash reports are being generated. Any ideas...