Windows 10: Blue Screen BSOD when alt tabbing out of games

Discus and support Blue Screen BSOD when alt tabbing out of games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, around last week my laptop starting to bluescreen if i alt tab out of fullscreen games, i've tried to play in windowed mode and it help so far On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mileno, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Mileno Win User

Blue Screen BSOD when alt tabbing out of games

So, around last week my laptop starting to bluescreen if i alt tab out of fullscreen games, i've tried to play in windowed mode and it help so far

On bluescreen, theres, Stop code: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and What failed: nvlddmkm.sys

My laptop is Acer Nitro 5, with
    CPU: Intel i5-8300h
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050

RAM: 8 GB

Antivirus : Avast free antivirus

More details can be seen at this onedrive link, theres minidump, MSinfo and more detailed specification

https://1drv.ms/u/s!At6PDHTfCSp4hW1ZX2mOGfhPSfWE?e=vAyYwG

I have tried to reinstall the nvidia driver and update windows, but BSOD still persist

And i think this start to happened when the latest nvidia driver update came around, but i cant confirm this is the cause of bsod

:)

Mileno, Jul 2, 2020

2. Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

Hi Simon,

The multitasking capability of a game depends on the total memory of your computer. If you have large amounts of RAM on your computer, it can multitask heavy programs easily like high-end games. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution
    for your concerns with the alt-tab function, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Have you pressed the alt-tab key during you play Rainbow Six Siege? Or it just happen without pressing it?
    • Does the automatic ALT-TAB behavior happens on other games?
    • Do you have any other programs running on your computer while playing?
    • What is the anti-virus program you're using?
    • What is your device or system specifications? To know, follow these steps:
      1. Press Windows + S and type
        About your PC
      2. Send us the information listed under Device specifications.

Moving forward, if you're multitasking while playing, we recommend that you play this game only without doing other tasks. Pressing ALT-TAB or performing a multitasking interferes with the performance of your video card, especially if you're running a heavy
    game like Rainbow Six Siege. It will generate screen viewing issues like intermittently switching your game screen between your desktop environment.

For now, restart your game and do not press ALT+TAB while playing. This will allow your video card to dedicate its graphics performance on the game only instead of your desktop environment.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, Jul 2, 2020
  3. hatemf23 Win User
    cant alt-tab into or out of games, permentantly stuck

I have this recent annoying bug where if I alt tab out of a game or its minimized for any reason and I try to reopen it it will stay stuck on a black screen, I can open the task manager with ctrl-alt-delete but it will still be in the background behind the black screen along with everything else, there is absolutely no way out of it except by restarting windows. this happened on 3 separate games so is not game specific.

hatemf23, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Blue Screen BSOD when alt tabbing out of games

ALT + TAB turned Gaming Screen into Windowed Screen

Hello,

I wanted to look other softwares and web pages when playing a game. So I clicked ALT + TAB.

Then Gaming Screen turned into Windowed Screen and I can't revert it.

How to do that?

zanshin777, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Blue Screen BSOD when alt tabbing out of games

1. Blue Screen BSOD when alt tabbing out of games - Similar Threads - Blue Screen BSOD

2. Black screen when using ALT + TAB in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when using ALT + TAB in games: I've just freshly installed Windows 10 on my PC, but for some reason when I play games and switch apps using ALT + TAB it shows a black screen for few seconds. Is there a fix for that?My specs:i5 3570kGTX 1050 2gb12gb ram...
  3. Black screen when using ALT + TAB in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when using ALT + TAB in games: I've just freshly installed Windows 10 on my PC, but for some reason when I play games and switch apps using ALT + TAB it shows a black screen for few seconds. Is there a fix for that?My specs:i5 3570kGTX 1050 2gb12gb ram...
  4. Windows 11 Alt Tab out of a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Alt Tab out of a game: Just upgraded to windows 11. I am having an issue when I alt tab out of a game it will minimize the game and I can still hear the game running however it will not allow me to tab back in or click the icon. I have tried disabling GPU scheduling and changing the alt tab...
  5. Windows 11 Alt Tab out of a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Alt Tab out of a game: Just upgraded to windows 11. I am having an issue when I alt tab out of a game it will minimize the game and I can still hear the game running however it will not allow me to tab back in or click the icon. I have tried disabling GPU scheduling and changing the alt tab...
  6. PROBLEM: Issue with clicking when alt-tabbing out of full screen games.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PROBLEM: Issue with clicking when alt-tabbing out of full screen games.: This issue began quite recently and I haven’t been able to find a good fix for it. The first time it occurred was when I was streaming Overwatch in full screen and because I only have one monitor I was alt-tabbing in and out to check Streamlabs, at first it was working fine...
  7. Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of games

Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of games: Hello all, I've just moved over from Windows 7 and am trying to find a way to turn 10's alt-tab functionality back to the way it was in 7. For example, let's say i'm playing WoW. On Windows 7 I would generally alt-tab and my task bar would appear on my main monitor for me...
  8. Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of a game

Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of a game: Hello all, I've just moved over from Windows 7 and am trying to find a way to turn 10's alt-tab functionality back to the way it was in 7. For example, let's say i'm playing WoW. On Windows 7 I would generally alt-tab and my task bar would appear on my main monitor for me...
  9. BSOD while gaming / alt tabbing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while gaming / alt tabbing: Hi guys, I'm playing Doom eternal at the moment, i haven't tried other games but i started getting bsod with the error CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I tried to read it with windbg but it says " the parameter is incorrect" When i alt tab the system is slowing down - freezing and...
  10. BSOD with stop code IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal when alt+tab out of games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with stop code IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal when alt+tab out of games: Hi this is my first post here and have I ran into a brickwall involving my BSOD. My computer that I got a month ago has been giving me BSODs with stop code IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal. It seems to have a higher chance of happening when I alt tab out of my fullscreen games. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gtx 1050 blue screen alt tab