Windows 10: Blue screen, but didn't die?

Discus and support Blue screen, but didn't die? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All of a sudden when closing down, I have been getting a totally blue screen that doesn't respond to the keyboard, but does have an active and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flycaster, Oct 4, 2016.

1. flycaster Win User

Blue screen, but didn't die?

All of a sudden when closing down, I have been getting a totally blue screen that doesn't respond to the keyboard, but does have an active and controllable cursor on the screen. I wait a while, an as nothing is happening, I power off. However, after going black the screen turns blue again, but no cursor...and the computer's power light is blinking, indicating Sleep. Again, with nothing happening, I hold the power button a bit longer this time, and the computer does power off. I restarted and to my surprise and delight, I was asked for my PW. This has happened twice. BTW, I do have a Sleep icon on the task bar???

:)

flycaster, Oct 4, 2016

2. Windows crash

I didn't receive a blue screen of death.

DexterDickinson, Oct 4, 2016
  3. update to version 1709, latest display driver not work,older version cause blue screen

this method has tried,didn't work,cause blue screen

jiang guoxiang, Oct 4, 2016
Thema:

Blue screen, but didn't die?

1. Blue screen, but didn't die? - Similar Threads - Blue screen didn't

2. Blue screen stopcode:critical process died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen stopcode:critical process died: Hi I have this problem of blue screen , I am literally stuck on the blue screen .I am not able to restore system ,when I try to restore it says please close the restore system I just don't know what to do ,it happended after update and neither can I uninstall the updates ,I...
  3. Stuck on blue screen "windows didn't load correctly"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on blue screen "windows didn't load correctly": So my PC stopped working and shows me a blue screen, then it restarts and shows me a blue screen with "windows didn't load correctly" and asks me to chose between " restore" and "cancel, but the problem is that my keyboard and mouse aren't responding so i am stuck at this...
  4. blue screen critical process died

blue screen critical process died: I will be on my PC and ever hour or less it would say my pc freezes and i get the critical process died, after this my pc restarts and i login and my screen is black WITH cursuor but i restart and everything is fine when i log in untill it crashes again. i have sfc scanned...
  5. Procees died error blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Procees died error blue screen: How can I fix process died error in Asus tuf gaming I buyed yesterday then next day it showed blue screen and system get restarted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/procees-died-error-blue-screen/0456546b-8ab7-4d10-be3a-42d9bf58db5c
  6. Blue Screen of Death - CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

Blue Screen of Death - CRITICAL PROCESS DIED: Hi, Can you help please, I keep getting the Blue Screen of Death, I have included a link to my 2 files:- The DMP file The output of MSinfo https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai69FMzfGqDL4QgALMrkqOgSWnwb?e=lUOWco I have been experiencing this for a few weeks, I re-installed windows...
  7. Blue screen error code Critical process died

Blue screen error code Critical process died: [IMG]Hi, i need help on this. once i turn on my pc, it show this error. pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-error-code-critical-process-died/1553a3cd-6081-407b-95c4-62a416a514e9
  8. Blue Screen - "Critical Process Died"

Blue Screen - "Critical Process Died": Yesterday, I installed a driver update for my GeForce 1070 card. I had to do it in Safe Boot mode coz it wouldn't install in full boot mode. (I had to System Restore to 22/11/2019 to first uninstall it and then reinstall it via Safe Boot.) All went well after that. I...
  9. Blue screen error “Critical Component Died”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen error “Critical Component Died”: My Asus laptop kept freezing after about 30 seconds; this appears to be following a windows update on 28/12. i have tried restoring back to a known working point and that did briefly work for 2 minutes but then the same issue started. I tried rebooting the laptop but then...
  10. blue screen critical process died

in Windows 10 Customization
    blue screen critical process died: I had the technician coming in remotely to resue me and it crashed again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/blue-screen-critical-process-died/0f705754-f8f4-4fad-9045-d3060084254d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluescrren kb4498947