Windows 10: Blue screen, but didn't die?

Discus and support Blue screen, but didn't die? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All of a sudden when closing down, I have been getting a totally blue screen that doesn't respond to the keyboard, but does have an active and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flycaster, Oct 4, 2016.

1. flycaster Win User

Blue screen, but didn't die?

All of a sudden when closing down, I have been getting a totally blue screen that doesn't respond to the keyboard, but does have an active and controllable cursor on the screen. I wait a while, an as nothing is happening, I power off. However, after going black the screen turns blue again, but no cursor...and the computer's power light is blinking, indicating Sleep. Again, with nothing happening, I hold the power button a bit longer this time, and the computer does power off. I restarted and to my surprise and delight, I was asked for my PW. This has happened twice. BTW, I do have a Sleep icon on the task bar???

:)

flycaster, Oct 4, 2016

2. Windows crash

I didn't receive a blue screen of death.

DexterDickinson, Oct 4, 2016
  3. update to version 1709, latest display driver not work,older version cause blue screen

this method has tried,didn't work,cause blue screen

jiang guoxiang, Oct 4, 2016
Thema:

Blue screen, but didn't die?

1. Blue screen, but didn't die? - Similar Threads - Blue screen didn't

2. Blue Screen - "Critical Process Died"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen - "Critical Process Died": Yesterday, I installed a driver update for my GeForce 1070 card. I had to do it in Safe Boot mode coz it wouldn't install in full boot mode. (I had to System Restore to 22/11/2019 to first uninstall it and then reinstall it via Safe Boot.) All went well after that. I...
  3. Blue Screen Critical Process Died Srttrail.txt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen Critical Process Died Srttrail.txt: HELP!!!!!! I cannot turn on my desktop and the blue screen keeps coming back. I have tried all options.... I tried to reboot, reset and reinstall...None of them work... Does anybody can help me?...
  4. Windows blue screen error name is Critical process died.

Windows blue screen error name is Critical process died.: Hi. I was facing black screen or blank screen with no cursor issue after updating my laptop windows to latest version 1903. After update few days it was working well but after few days I was facing that black screen or blank screen with no cursor issue. So to resolve it I...
  5. Blue Screen Error - Critical Process Died

Blue Screen Error - Critical Process Died: Hello Microsft my pc hangs and freezes after some time of restart and gets a blue screen error named critical process died. i have the minidump files { http://www.filedropper.com/070119-28921-01 , http://www.filedropper.com/070219-32031-01} can you tell the reson of this...
  6. Blue screen - Critical Process Died - Can't restore Windows 10

Blue screen - Critical Process Died - Can't restore Windows 10: I have a Critical Process Died response but, I can read the windows directory using the command prompt. Does this mean the SSdrive is good, but the Windows 10 file is corrupt?...
  7. Blue screen code critical process died

Blue screen code critical process died: I tried to reset and checked all options nothing working please help me to resolve this problem blue screen code critical process died https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-code-critical-process-died/8bef2620-7a3c-4b2d-a49d-a1e521153357
  8. Blue screen error “Critical Component Died”

Blue screen error “Critical Component Died”: My Asus laptop kept freezing after about 30 seconds; this appears to be following a windows update on 28/12. i have tried restoring back to a known working point and that did briefly work for 2 minutes but then the same issue started. I tried rebooting the laptop but then...
  9. Blue screen with stop code "critical process died" & "Memory management"

Blue screen with stop code "critical process died" & "Memory management": i am using windows 10 and recently the screen turns blue with stop code "memory management " & "critical process died"..updates are pending but unable update.. desktop is accessible but after that suddenly system seems to be too slow, every thing works in ultra slow motion...
  10. blue screen critical process died

in Windows 10 Customization
    blue screen critical process died: I had the technician coming in remotely to resue me and it crashed again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/blue-screen-critical-process-died/0f705754-f8f4-4fad-9045-d3060084254d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluescrren kb4498947