Windows 10: Blue screen, but didn't die?

Discus and support Blue screen, but didn't die? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All of a sudden when closing down, I have been getting a totally blue screen that doesn't respond to the keyboard, but does have an active and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flycaster, Oct 4, 2016.

1. flycaster Win User

Blue screen, but didn't die?

All of a sudden when closing down, I have been getting a totally blue screen that doesn't respond to the keyboard, but does have an active and controllable cursor on the screen. I wait a while, an as nothing is happening, I power off. However, after going black the screen turns blue again, but no cursor...and the computer's power light is blinking, indicating Sleep. Again, with nothing happening, I hold the power button a bit longer this time, and the computer does power off. I restarted and to my surprise and delight, I was asked for my PW. This has happened twice. BTW, I do have a Sleep icon on the task bar???

:)

flycaster, Oct 4, 2016

2. Windows crash

I didn't receive a blue screen of death.

DexterDickinson, Oct 4, 2016
  3. update to version 1709, latest display driver not work,older version cause blue screen

this method has tried,didn't work,cause blue screen

jiang guoxiang, Oct 4, 2016
Thema:

Blue screen, but didn't die?

1. Blue screen, but didn't die? - Similar Threads - Blue screen didn't

2. Critical Process Died - Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Process Died - Blue Screen: Hello, for some reason my laptop won't start. There is an error while loading windows and then the famous blue screen appears with a "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" error. It goes to Windows Recovery Environment WinRe. From there none option is achievable except running the command...
  3. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL PROCESS DIED blue screen: Hi to whoever reads this I've been having quite a few issues with my current PC after upgrading a few components. PC part picker list During the initial move of the M.2 from my old rig to the new rig, I had a massive system failure “I don't exactly remember what the error...
  4. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRITICAL PROCESS DIED blue screen: HiI had been the issue of "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" on my pcnot sure what could be the issueshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Al4GY4KimSpDg0uN0WSwXCQAVbLQ?e=jlWaP6any help will appreciatethank you in advance...
  5. Blue Screen - Critical process died

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue Screen - Critical process died: Woke up this morning to my PC restarted on a blue screen. The error code is critical process died. Every time I restart my computer it gets me to log into windows and as my apps are loading up, 10-20 secs after I get the blue screen. It just keeps on repeating. I know it can...
  6. Blue Screen- Critical Process Died

Blue Screen- Critical Process Died: My sister's laptop suddenly got the blue screen error with the code: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. She mostly uses the laptop for school and some important tests is on the way. We've been struggling all day with this problem. We've tried troubleshooting it using "Startup Repair",...
  7. Blue Screen - Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen - Critical Process Died: Have a Win10 machine that was only used for golf simulator - was using SkyTrak application and during use, the PC rebooted. Since the initial reboot I've been stuck in a bluescreen reboot cycle with error 'critical_processes_died'. I've tried to troubleshoot via WinRE cmd or...
  8. Blue Screen - Critical Process Died

Blue Screen - Critical Process Died: Have a Win10 machine that was only used for golf simulator - was using SkyTrak application and during use, the PC rebooted. Since the initial reboot I've been stuck in a bluescreen reboot cycle with error 'critical_processes_died'. I've tried to troubleshoot via WinRE cmd or...
  9. Blue Screen - Critical Process Died

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  10. Blue Screen - "Critical Process Died"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen - "Critical Process Died": Yesterday, I installed a driver update for my GeForce 1070 card. I had to do it in Safe Boot mode coz it wouldn't install in full boot mode. (I had to System Restore to 22/11/2019 to first uninstall it and then reinstall it via Safe Boot.) All went well after that. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluescrren kb4498947