Windows 10: Blue Screen, Can't restore, can't reset

Discus and support Blue Screen, Can't restore, can't reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I opened my laptop today and it booted normally, but as I was logging in using the fingerprint sensor the computer suddenly shut down and power seemed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GXQiao, Feb 25, 2019.

1. GXQiao Win User

Blue Screen, Can't restore, can't reset

I opened my laptop today and it booted normally, but as I was logging in using the fingerprint sensor the computer suddenly shut down and power seemed to have went out. I plugged in the laptop and tried booting again, but I kept getting blue screen no matter what I do. I cannot enter safe mode, startup repair did not work, I had no restore point to restore to, reset without deleting fiels did not work. I'm stuck now and don't know what to do. I have not had the chance to back up some files I cannot lose so I really don't want to use factory reset.

Is there anything I can do about it or is this a hardware issue. (The laptop was somewhat cold when I first booted it, just came back from outside).

:)

GXQiao, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Paul238 Win User

Display shows a T

Thanks for your reply. A reset has fixed the issue! It must have been some sort of display artefact.

Except for this annoying "T", I could use Contacts functionality normally, eg scrolling down all contacts, clicking any letter to go to contacts starting with that letter.

When I first went into the Contacts listing screen the display showed those contacts beginning with a number, as per normal functionality.

When I selected a contact to see their details the T went away, only to come back again when I returned to the Contacts listing screen.

But the reset has cleared it. Once again many thanks.

Paul

Paul238, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Blue Screen, Can't restore, can't reset

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Before I follow your suggestions, a quick update: as the updating didn´t seem to work I stopped trying and just left it alone for awhile. About a half hour later I looked over and saw that the mute light was now blue. I tried the button but it and the volume buttons did not work at all. On the screen I was told that I needed to reboot, which I did and now the system has returned back to the way it was before: everything works except that the mute light does not change to blue as it should when the speakers are not muted. WTF?

mrsnakeman, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Blue Screen, Can't restore, can't reset

1. Blue Screen, Can't restore, can't reset - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Can't

2. Blue screen error, tried everything for hours can't factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen error, tried everything for hours can't factory reset: I've recently bought a new pc 2 days ago and its been working perfectly until today when would go to login it would pop up an error and blue screen and Critical_process_diedI only recently installed 2 things which was discord from there website and nothing out of the ordinary...
  3. Blue screen error, tried everything for hours can't factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen error, tried everything for hours can't factory reset: I've recently bought a new pc 2 days ago and its been working perfectly until today when would go to login it would pop up an error and blue screen and Critical_process_diedI only recently installed 2 things which was discord from there website and nothing out of the ordinary...
  4. Blue screen, can't enter save mode or do factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen, can't enter save mode or do factory reset: Hello,Yesterday my wired mouse wouldn't show properly on my laptop it does work on my husband's laptop and my laptop's USB ports are working.It did light up for 2seconds and then light off. It didn't show under mice, but only under USB ports as unrecognized. It did work on...
  5. Blue screen, can't enter save mode or do factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen, can't enter save mode or do factory reset: Hello,Yesterday my wired mouse wouldn't show properly on my laptop it does work on my husband's laptop and my laptop's USB ports are working.It did light up for 2seconds and then light off. It didn't show under mice, but only under USB ports as unrecognized. It did work on...
  6. Blue screen, can't enter save mode or do factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can't update, restore, reset my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't update, restore, reset my PC: Hi, My PC is in limbo and I have tried everything I know of to try and fix it. It started yesterday when my graphics drivers wanted to update. I ran the Radeon installer and it gave me a general error. So I tried a clean install using the Radeon clean up utility, no luck,...
  8. Can't solve the blue screen error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't solve the blue screen error: I'm so much frustrated because of this blue screen error. For a day it occurs more than 5 times a day. The main issue is that even when I'm working on my things, suddenly the blue screen appears and sometimes it doesn't restart automatically for minutes. Then I will have to...
  9. Windows 10 Blue Screen - Can't Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Blue Screen - Can't Restore: Windows Surface 2 Blue screen of death. Restarted Windows Microsoft Surface 2, it blue screened displaying Bad_System_Config_Info. Then booted into safemode attempted to conduct restore and it does not complete properly giving the following error : “windows could not...
  10. After Blue Screen, unable to load web pages, can't perform reset or system restore,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Blue Screen, unable to load web pages, can't perform reset or system restore,...: I closed out of a game today and got a blue screen error. When my computer restarted, it was at a 1024x768 resolution. Moreover, I could not get google chrome to load a web page, even though I am connected to the internet and other programs like steam connect online and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant reset bsod