Windows 10: Blue screen caused by one of three boot options having an error

Discus and support Blue screen caused by one of three boot options having an error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a HP laptop running Windows 10. About two months ago, some error caused all Office 2013 to quit. I decided to use a backup to recovery my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LarryDrobnitch, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Blue screen caused by one of three boot options having an error

I have a HP laptop running Windows 10. About two months ago, some error caused all Office 2013 to quit. I decided to use a backup to recovery my laptop. The backup appeared to work. But the unit goes to a blue screen indicating an error. After trying a reinstallation o windows and checking everything I can find no problem except a restart, including cold restart, brings up the same error window. Again I tried a recovery which includes an erase and format of the hard drive with the same result.

Accessing boot choices shows a list of three boot choices:

OS boot manager (boots to error screen)

OS boot manager (boots normally)

Boot from EFI file (boots normally)

How can I access this boot table to remove the broken boot sequence?

:)

LarryDrobnitch, Feb 11, 2019

2. Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

I have tried all of the options there, Which is why i included in my post the lists of things that i performed to isolate the cause of bsod. Thanks

cainegetutua, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Blue screen caused by one of three boot options having an error

Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

Hi,

Blue screen errors can occur if a serious problem causes Windows to shut down or restart unexpectedly. This error can be caused by both hardware and software issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if there were any changes made
    prior to the issue.

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this link for blue screen error basic
    troubleshooting. Once you're on the page, select the option on when do you get the error and proceed with the steps listed.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Blue screen caused by one of three boot options having an error

1. Blue screen caused by one of three boot options having an error - Similar Threads - Blue screen caused

2. Optional driver caused blue screen of death....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional driver caused blue screen of death....: I have a 3 week old HP laptop. I was in the process of typing numbers into an interactive course with my employer, however the number pad would not work. The technical team of my employer went into the the systems settings to advanced options and downloaded an optional driver...
  3. Optional driver caused blue screen of death....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optional driver caused blue screen of death....: I have a 3 week old HP laptop. I was in the process of typing numbers into an interactive course with my employer, however the number pad would not work. The technical team of my employer went into the the systems settings to advanced options and downloaded an optional driver...
  4. Windows fast boot causes blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows fast boot causes blue screen: I set up a new computerWindows fast boot causes blue screenWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. But when the computer auto reboot, It can enter into the system.If i turn of the fast boot on windows, the problem has not happened again....
  5. Windows fast boot causes blue screen

Windows fast boot causes blue screen: I set up a new computerWindows fast boot causes blue screenWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. But when the computer auto reboot, It can enter into the system.If i turn of the fast boot on windows, the problem has not happened again....
  6. Three Blue Screens on two days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Three Blue Screens on two days: I have encountered 3 BSOD in just two days, can someone please look into this and help me? ThanksLink for minidumps and most recent MEMORY.DMP:https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aok1tqJhZ5WIiHyMRArk5HjVVKPX?e=iIqy79...
  7. widisplayhookKmode.sys causing blue error screen

widisplayhookKmode.sys causing blue error screen: I recently downloaded widisplay onto my laptop. The app caused my laptop to load up with a blue error screen that stated underneath that the error was caused by widisplayhookKmode.sys. To fix this problem, I started my PC up in safe mode. After, I uninstalled the widisplay...
  8. Windows 10 Boot USB causes Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Boot USB causes Blue Screen: Hi, I have just recently built my first PC, I'm trying to install windows 10 via USB, I created a bootable usb using the windows tool but when i select it as a boot option the Windows logo appears then I get a blue screen either with Recovery or a normal BSOD with a stop...
  9. Blue Screen Error, whats the cause?

Blue Screen Error, whats the cause?: Hey, I have continuously gotten BSODs on my computer for 6 years. I think it is driver related but not sure where to start. Providing minidumps for anyone willing to help find the issue. Minidumps: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qa4zYVtIXJIsI1fgH3UWH3xstJ-_ttrG...
  10. Blue Screen Errors Cause

Blue Screen Errors Cause: From past 3 to 4 months i was getting blue screen errors of different types.... one of the error defines of the HDD malfunction and my hp laptop also defines that....i recently changed the HDD and buyed a new one . After some time i am again getting this problem.....Does dual...