Windows 10: Blue screen caused by one of three boot options having an error

Discus and support Blue screen caused by one of three boot options having an error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a HP laptop running Windows 10. About two months ago, some error caused all Office 2013 to quit. I decided to use a backup to recovery my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LarryDrobnitch, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Blue screen caused by one of three boot options having an error

I have a HP laptop running Windows 10. About two months ago, some error caused all Office 2013 to quit. I decided to use a backup to recovery my laptop. The backup appeared to work. But the unit goes to a blue screen indicating an error. After trying a reinstallation o windows and checking everything I can find no problem except a restart, including cold restart, brings up the same error window. Again I tried a recovery which includes an erase and format of the hard drive with the same result.

Accessing boot choices shows a list of three boot choices:

OS boot manager (boots to error screen)

OS boot manager (boots normally)

Boot from EFI file (boots normally)

How can I access this boot table to remove the broken boot sequence?

:)

LarryDrobnitch, Feb 11, 2019

2. Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

I have tried all of the options there, Which is why i included in my post the lists of things that i performed to isolate the cause of bsod. Thanks

cainegetutua, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Blue screen caused by one of three boot options having an error

Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

Hi,

Blue screen errors can occur if a serious problem causes Windows to shut down or restart unexpectedly. This error can be caused by both hardware and software issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if there were any changes made
    prior to the issue.

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this link for blue screen error basic
    troubleshooting. Once you're on the page, select the option on when do you get the error and proceed with the steps listed.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Blue screen caused by one of three boot options having an error

1. Blue screen caused by one of three boot options having an error - Similar Threads - Blue screen caused

2. Three unexpected blue screens within 2 hours ...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Three unexpected blue screens within 2 hours ...: Hello! Yesterday I had with my W10 three blue screens within 2 hours, and I did nothing else than using Mozilla Firefox and browsing ... These are the error codes: The computer was restarted after a critical error. Error code: 0x0000001e (0xffffffffc0000005,...
  3. Blue Screen Errors Cause

Blue Screen Errors Cause: From past 3 to 4 months i was getting blue screen errors of different types.... one of the error defines of the HDD malfunction and my hp laptop also defines that....i recently changed the HDD and buyed a new one . After some time i am again getting this problem.....Does dual...
  4. Windows doesn't boot with blue screen error

Windows doesn't boot with blue screen error: When booting I got blue screen error : SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED I run online dump debug and got in the bugcheck : SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e) the link of online read the mini dump is http://www.osronline.com/dump/DA2.cfm but no solution...
  5. Blue Screen Error (Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe)

Blue Screen Error (Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe): Hi, I get a blue screen error everytime I start my laptop and get to the desktop. It then restarts automatically. This is log file . https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsMes1KfmnEmi3c7pssZJwtp96po. Please help! Thx....
  6. Windows 10 update causing blue screen errors daily

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update causing blue screen errors daily: Since the last update I am now getting 3 to 4 blue screen errors daily. Of course it shut down my computer. Is anyone else having this problem and if so how do I fix it. I have ran all the troubleshooting and scanned my computer for everything....
  7. Blue Screen Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blue Screen Error: Hi, My system will restart automatically while i was working on my system. The below stopcode message i have received in the blue screen. stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL What failed: IDSvia64.sys...
  8. Three errors

Three errors: I keep getting this three errors repeatedly. First one is memory management Second one is bad config info The third one is kmode exception not handled (ntfs.sys) Please help i need to fix my laptop soon...
  9. Having trouble with Blue screen...

Having trouble with Blue screen...: So um, hello everyone! As the title reads, I am having problems with BSOD. Actually, its not me, but my friend who is having problems. Thing is, the blue screen only appears when I start some programs - more specifically Minecraft and .exe games. Its a MSI Laptop (from...
  10. Stuck in blue boot options loop

Stuck in blue boot options loop: When I turned on my laptop it seemingly went through the normal boot process before loading the light blue boot options screen, where I had the option to restore or reset the computer or continue to windows 10. I initially assumed I had accidentally pressed some button to...