Windows 10: Blue Screen crash after launching a game

Discus and support Blue Screen crash after launching a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ok so what is happening ? I've had my gaming laptop for 4 months now and everything worked perfectly with a rtx 3060 Bsince 2 weeks ago but now ALL my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Issac Semani, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Blue Screen crash after launching a game

Ok so what is happening ? I've had my gaming laptop for 4 months now and everything worked perfectly with a rtx 3060 Bsince 2 weeks ago but now ALL my games are crashing at some point after launching themSome like Rocket League I can play 2-3 games and then they crash, some like cyberpunk 2077 crash 60 seconds after launching whether I play or not and others like cult of the lamb make my pc CRASH and turn off after some time.I tried uninstalling the latest update and it fixed it, but after 30min the update was back and I couldn't delete it even with the cmd command so I kept installing new u

:)

Issac Semani, Apr 2, 2023
  2. Law-II Win User

Crash/blue screen

Hi

I assume from the title of your post Crash/Blue Screen that the PC has crashed and produced a *BSOD=[Blue Screen Of Death] =Blue Screen; and that the PC recovered from this; if and when you see the Blue Screen write the Stop Code down; recover the PC or use one that is working to access the net and look up the Stop Code.

nb: You may be able to view this with a [*BlueScreenView] application, google for this.

Edit Link - Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Description
    ===========

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen
    of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one
    table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the
    date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue
    screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver
    or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file
    description, and file version).
    For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of
    the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane.
    BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the
    crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly
    caused the crash.

atb

Law-II

Law-II, Apr 2, 2023
  3. Ricko66 Win User
    Random apps and games crashes with error 0xc0000005 and blue screens

Since the end of July 2019 my apps and games (including windows services) have been crashing randomly, the windows event log lists these crashes with error 0xc0000005, here's an example for the game Verdun (other apps and games crash with the same error):

Faulting application name: Verdun.exe, version: 2019.2.4.15146, time stamp: 0x5d65bc48

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00003ffca4ea3081

Faulting process ID: 0x1760

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5859441ddbe1a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\WW1GameSeries\Verdun\Verdun.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report ID: 47476bd7-22fa-4760-b22b-07598c183ba1

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have also been having random blue screens with the errors PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

I have used windows Driver Verifier and I managed to get some blue screens that point to the clipsp.sys driver but I don't think the content of the blue screen contains everything meaningful.

The crashes do not seem to happen in Safe Mode.

In the past months I have tried almost everything:

• Clean boot
    • Updated windows to latest version
    • Used all tools to check integrity or corruption like sfc, chkdsk, ecc.
    • Clean reinstalled windows multiple times
    • Replaced RAM modules
    • Replaced motherboard
    The crashes still happen. Since I have no idea what is causing these crashes my next step will be replacing the CPU...

Ricko66, Apr 2, 2023
  4. Blue Screen crash after launching a game

Blue Screen Crashing

Hello,

So my PC hadn't crashed since I posted this thread. I uninstalled the vgk.sys driver along with all the other anticheat stuff and game files. I also uninstall Rainbow Six Siege because nearly all of my crashes had happened when I was playing that game. Today
    I tried to see if Rainbow Six was what was really causing my crashing problems, so I redownloaded it and played a game, and unfortunately, mid game I crashed again. I have since uninstalled the game and am now working through all the steps that you have given.
    I do not really know how to physically handle computer hardware but I have tried some of the software fixes that you have suggested. I uninstalled avast, and have also gotten programs to locate out of date drivers to update. I also tried to fun a stress test
    using OCCT, however, one second into the test my computer freezes, but does not blue screen and thus I cannot get any crash data from the reliability history. This has happened 3 times, each time I tried to run the test. I also looked into downloading the
    memtest, because I have run the regular windows memory diagnostic but that found nothing, however I am confused on how to download and launch memtest.

PatrickNowlen, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

Blue Screen crash after launching a game

1. Blue Screen crash after launching a game - Similar Threads - Blue Screen crash

2. Blue screens and game crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screens and game crashing: As discription says, computer is somewhat randomly crashing and blue screening less frequently.https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoUzS2qEDepegaNa81zc-gOFpd9nyw?e=me1a3xhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AoUzS2qEDepegaRfr-gwjezFvoC9Ew?e=fjfyu5First is dump and second is MSinfo...
  3. Blue screens and game crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screens and game crashing: As discription says, computer is somewhat randomly crashing and blue screening less frequently.https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoUzS2qEDepegaNa81zc-gOFpd9nyw?e=me1a3xhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AoUzS2qEDepegaRfr-gwjezFvoC9Ew?e=fjfyu5First is dump and second is MSinfo...
  4. Blue screens and game crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screens and game crashing: As discription says, computer is somewhat randomly crashing and blue screening less frequently.https://1drv.ms/t/s!AoUzS2qEDepe-AUmQnsnuW60-IQ-?e=T8UNxdhttps://1drv.ms/t/s!AoUzS2qEDepe-AUmQnsnuW60-IQ-?e=wY5OVmFirst is dump and second is MSinfo...
  5. Blue screens and game crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screens and game crashes: Hello everyone,I have a new PC build with a completely new hardware that i will share with you below this message.Unfortonately , I've had several blue screens and game crashes. As long as the game is running, it's been running 100 per cent smoothly, without lag and with...
  6. Blue screens and game crashes

Blue screens and game crashes: Hello everyone,I have a new PC build with a completely new hardware that i will share with you below this message.Unfortonately , I've had several blue screens and game crashes. As long as the game is running, it's been running 100 per cent smoothly, without lag and with...
  7. Game crashes and blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crashes and blue screen: Hey I bought a new pc 6 months ago since then i have been getting blue screen and game crashes. Can someone help me with the problem? will paste every error or crash message i have got since thenEvent viewer:The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be...
  8. Game crashes and blue screen

Game crashes and blue screen: Hey I bought a new pc 6 months ago since then i have been getting blue screen and game crashes. Can someone help me with the problem? will paste every error or crash message i have got since thenEvent viewer:The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be...
  9. Blue Screen crash after launching a game

Blue Screen crash after launching a game: Ok so what is happening ? I've had my gaming laptop for 4 months now and everything worked perfectly with a rtx 3060 Bsince 2 weeks ago but now ALL my games are crashing at some point after launching themSome like Rocket League I can play 2-3 games and then they crash, some...
  10. PC Crashes after launching a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashes after launching a game: I built my first PC around three weeks ago and it ran well for the first week and a half, but since then I have experienced this issue where the PC will crash, show me a black screen, and then reboot. I have occasionally received Blue Screen of death with the following error...