Windows 10: Blue screen crash: dpc_watchdog_violation. PC constantly reboots due to bugchecks. How to...

Discus and support Blue screen crash: dpc_watchdog_violation. PC constantly reboots due to bugchecks. How to... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Win10 crashes about every 15 minutes. It crashes into bluescreen and an error code. DPC_watchdog_violation. I built this pc a few years ago and there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Oskari_Salmonlake, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Blue screen crash: dpc_watchdog_violation. PC constantly reboots due to bugchecks. How to...

Win10 crashes about every 15 minutes. It crashes into bluescreen and an error code. DPC_watchdog_violation.

I built this pc a few years ago and there were no problems until recently.

I went to the event viewer and it shows an error message at the time of the crashes: "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff802122fb320. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: f587c4bc-a56f-43d0-8a97-65e5752087c2."

I have downloaded the dmp files, but I can't analyze them by myself.

Can you help me to analyze the dmp. files and to help me find out the underlying cause of the crashes?

Best regards

Oskari Lohivesi

Helsinki, Finland

:)

Oskari_Salmonlake, Nov 11, 2020

2. Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

After a recent updating, my machine has blue screen every 5 - 10 minutes.

The error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I saw another post here which suggest to use "iastor.sys". But I don't have that in the driver list. Mine is storahci.sys.

Please advise! Thanks,

hairinwind, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Bugcheck Crash

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are receiving Bugcheck crash on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive a Blue Screen when the computer crash?
    • When exactly does the computer crash?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? Refer
      Which version of Windows operating system am I running?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

If you are receiving a Blue screen error then, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors.

I would suggest you to share the dump files so that we can analyze them and get to the root cause of the issue. To share the files Navigate to
    C:\Windows\Minidump, upload the files to OneDrive and share the OneDrive link.

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Law-II Win User

Blue screen crash: dpc_watchdog_violation. PC constantly reboots due to bugchecks. How to...

Crash/blue screen

Hi

I assume from the title of your post Crash/Blue Screen that the PC has crashed and produced a *BSOD=[Blue Screen Of Death] =Blue Screen; and that the PC recovered from this; if and when you see the Blue Screen write the Stop Code down; recover the PC or use one that is working to access the net and look up the Stop Code.

nb: You may be able to view this with a [*BlueScreenView] application, google for this.

Edit Link - Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Description
    ===========

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen
    of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one
    table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the
    date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue
    screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver
    or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file
    description, and file version).
    For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of
    the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane.
    BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the
    crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly
    caused the crash.

atb

Law-II

Law-II, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Blue screen crash: dpc_watchdog_violation. PC constantly reboots due to bugchecks. How to...

1. Blue screen crash: dpc_watchdog_violation. PC constantly reboots due to bugchecks. How to... - Similar Threads - Blue screen crash

2. PC constantly crashing blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC constantly crashing blue screen: Hi, My new PC constantly crashes on windows I don't know what to do, I have seen some people say they can help by me sharing minidump files, I get watchdog violation error code. In event viewer they was also many error for metadata crashes? I'm at a loss I don't understand a...
  3. PC constantly crashing and blue screening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC constantly crashing and blue screening: Hello, recently I have noticed that my PC has been constantly crashing. It started off with game crashes on MW2 and RDR2 but now it has actually started blue screening my PC.Things I have tried include removing any overclocks, using SFC /SCANNOW and DISM and completely...
  4. PC constantly crashing and blue screening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC constantly crashing and blue screening: Hello, recently I have noticed that my PC has been constantly crashing. It started off with game crashes on MW2 and RDR2 but now it has actually started blue screening my PC.Things I have tried include removing any overclocks, using SFC /SCANNOW and DISM and completely...
  5. Constant blue screen rebooting caused by BugCheck

Constant blue screen rebooting caused by BugCheck: Hi, I never had this much rebooting. I don't know exactly what I installed recently but when I checked Event Viewer, it seems like BugCheck caused all reboots.Sometimes it was 0x000000c2, 0x00000050, 0x0000007e, 0x00000113, 0x0000013a ,0x000000d1 and so on.Reboots happened...
  6. Constant blue screen rebooting caused by BugCheck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Constant blue screen rebooting caused by BugCheck: Hi, I never had this much rebooting. I don't know exactly what I installed recently but when I checked Event Viewer, it seems like BugCheck caused all reboots.Sometimes it was 0x000000c2, 0x00000050, 0x0000007e, 0x00000113, 0x0000013a ,0x000000d1 and so on.Reboots happened...
  7. Constant blue screen rebooting caused by BugCheck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Constant blue screen rebooting caused by BugCheck

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Constant blue screen rebooting caused by BugCheck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen due to vmswitch.sys

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen due to vmswitch.sys: Since yesterday I have been getting regular DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screens.I have no explanation for why that is suddenly happening, any help would be greatly appreciated. I have zipped up the minidumps and you can look at them...