Windows 10: Blue screen / Crash when disconnected from dock

Discus and support Blue screen / Crash when disconnected from dock in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Dell Precision 5510 running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809. I almost never use the power cable, instead it is generally plugged into my Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dantemanchester, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Blue screen / Crash when disconnected from dock

I have a Dell Precision 5510 running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809.

I almost never use the power cable, instead it is generally plugged into my Dell Thunderbolt dock.

For over a year now, when I disconnect my laptop from the dock, and use the laptop in a different room in our small office, nearly every time it will crash after 10-15 minutes of regular use. This has never once happened when connected to the dock.

The blue screen reads "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you." The progress never rises from 0% regardless of how long you leave it. The Stop code is "UNEXPECTED STORE EXECEPTION"

I have tried the things suggested when I scan the QR code but to no avail.

Anyone else?

:)

dantemanchester, Nov 13, 2019
  2. Law-II Win User

Crash/blue screen

Hi

I assume from the title of your post Crash/Blue Screen that the PC has crashed and produced a *BSOD=[Blue Screen Of Death] =Blue Screen; and that the PC recovered from this; if and when you see the Blue Screen write the Stop Code down; recover the PC or use one that is working to access the net and look up the Stop Code.

nb: You may be able to view this with a [*BlueScreenView] application, google for this.

Edit Link - Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Description
    ===========

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen
    of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one
    table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the
    date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue
    screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver
    or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file
    description, and file version).
    For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of
    the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane.
    BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the
    crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly
    caused the crash.

atb

Law-II

Law-II, Nov 13, 2019
  3. iuppiter Win User
    Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -
    Blue screen / Crash when disconnected from dock [​IMG]

iuppiter, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Blue screen / Crash when disconnected from dock

Blue screen crashes

Hi Howard,

We would like to know if you're still experiencing blue screen errors. If yes, the error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR message you received may possibly occur due to a hardware error.
    To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

If the issue still persists, I recommend that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors. You can choose when did you get the error and perform
    the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Blue screen / Crash when disconnected from dock

1. Blue screen / Crash when disconnected from dock - Similar Threads - Blue screen Crash

2. automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station: Hello Everyone, I use two monitors. the original one of the laptop and an additional external monitor extending displays. I use a docking station when I am working which allows me to use the two monitors. Sometimes I use the laptop on its own without the additional screen....
  3. automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station: Hello Everyone, I use two monitors. the original one of the laptop and an additional external monitor extending displays. I use a docking station when I am working which allows me to use the two monitors. Sometimes I use the laptop on its own without the additional screen....
  4. Chrome crashes when unplugging from docking station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome crashes when unplugging from docking station: Hi,Whenever I unplug my laptop from my docking station, Chrome would turn off. There's 3 monitors connected to the docking station, and it's only specifically when unplugging from the dock, the screen would go black and chrome would be off as if it was never opened. I've...
  5. Chrome crashes when unplugging from docking station

Chrome crashes when unplugging from docking station: Hi,Whenever I unplug my laptop from my docking station, Chrome would turn off. There's 3 monitors connected to the docking station, and it's only specifically when unplugging from the dock, the screen would go black and chrome would be off as if it was never opened. I've...
  6. Chrome crashes when unplugging from docking station

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. After Disconnecting from the charger dock BSOD appears.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Disconnecting from the charger dock BSOD appears.: I've tried multiple fixes including removing graphics driver and re-installing them but nothing works. SYSTEM CONFIGAsus Tuf F15 16gb Rami5-11 gen512gb SSD4gb RTX 3050With Integreted Intel Graphics...
  8. After Disconnecting from the charger dock BSOD appears.

After Disconnecting from the charger dock BSOD appears.: I've tried multiple fixes including removing graphics driver and re-installing them but nothing works. SYSTEM CONFIGAsus Tuf F15 16gb Rami5-11 gen512gb SSD4gb RTX 3050With Integreted Intel Graphics...
  9. Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects: I have an issue with a XPS 17 9700 DELL laptop connected to a DELL WD19TB Thunderbolt dock. I've got a few USB devices keyboard, mouse, headset, and external drive, Ethernet, and two external monitors connected to the dock. All Windows, DELL, and Intell updates are installed....
  10. Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects

Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects: I have an issue with a XPS 17 9700 DELL laptop connected to a DELL WD19TB Thunderbolt dock. I've got a few USB devices keyboard, mouse, headset, and external drive, Ethernet, and two external monitors connected to the dock. All Windows, DELL, and Intell updates are installed....