Windows 10: Blue Screen/Crashing Issues Video TDR Failure

Discus and support Blue Screen/Crashing Issues Video TDR Failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Occasionally, my laptop just randomly freezes up, crashes, and then restarts. Sometimes it shows a blue screen and sometimes it doesn't. It's getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ethan Z., Mar 30, 2020.

1. Ethan Z. Win User

Blue Screen/Crashing Issues Video TDR Failure

Occasionally, my laptop just randomly freezes up, crashes, and then restarts. Sometimes it shows a blue screen and sometimes it doesn't. It's getting really annoying since sometimes when I type up a doc and it doesn't save or when I'm playing a game and it just crashes. These crashes can happen anytime and that's the thing that's frustrating. You would think there's a pattern, like when I do something really resource-intensive it'll crash, but even when I'm doing nothing and it's just idle, these random crashes can still happen. My speculation is something to do with the GPU. I'm running an external GPU over Expresscard on my laptop to an external monitor and the blue screen error code/message says "video tdr failure, nvlddmkm.sys". One thing to note is that whenever it crashes, the blue screen always shows up on my laptop screen which I have disabled since I use my monitor and then the monitor goes blank. I've updated my NVIDIA drivers to the latest version, updated Windows, replugging and plugging back in the GPU and the cables, and it still won't solve my problem. This problem started occurring a few months ago, but now it's gotten more common Maybe a Windows Update caused it?. As a last resort, should I just wipe and reinstall Windows? Any help would be appreciated.

• Dell Latitude E6520
    • Windows 10 Pro Version 1909
    • Intel Core i7 2760QM
    • 16GB DDR3
    • 500GB SSD
    • Intel HD 3000 iGPU
    • NVIDIA NVS 4200M dGPU Disabled
    • NVIDIA GTX 670 eGPU

:)

Ethan Z., Mar 30, 2020
  2. rml123 Win User

Blue Screen - Video TDR Failure

Hello

I have had 2 blue screen system failures this morning. Both of them with the message Video TDR Failure. The message advised me to contact support and quote igdkmd64.sys.

The system was installing Windows Updates at the time so that is my prime suspicion. The update that was successfully installed was Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics. It appears twice at the top of the list of updates for some reason.

rml123, Mar 30, 2020
  3. LeonSG Win User
    Video TDR Failure

Hello guys,

While using PC every now and then I get a blue screen error "Video TDR Failure" and what failed "nvlddmkm.sys

Im assuming a video card issue.

Have clean installed windows and hasnt solved issue.

Any advice/tips?

Thanks

LeonSG, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Blue Screen/Crashing Issues Video TDR Failure

Video TDR failure.

My OS is windows 10. It happens that when I try to restart the computer from sleep mode, it goes the blue screen with Video TDR failure.

An advise on the problem will be appreciated.

Thanks

HeathcliffTang, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Blue Screen/Crashing Issues Video TDR Failure

1. Blue Screen/Crashing Issues Video TDR Failure - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Crashing

2. Video TDR failure, blue screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video TDR failure, blue screen: The computer will suddenly crash, usually when playing a game and display this error:VIDEO TDR FAILUREcaused by nvlddmkm.sysSometimes, when the computer restarts, the screen will stay black and be unresponsive, and I'd have to turn it off and on again. I already tried...
  3. Video TDR failure, blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video TDR failure, blue screen: The computer will suddenly crash, usually when playing a game and display this error:VIDEO TDR FAILUREcaused by nvlddmkm.sysSometimes, when the computer restarts, the screen will stay black and be unresponsive, and I'd have to turn it off and on again. I already tried...
  4. Video TDR failure, blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Video Tdr failure, blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Tdr failure, blue screen: The computer will suddenly crash, usually when playing a game and display this error:VIDEO TDR FAILUREcaused by nvlddmkm.sysI checked my graphics card driver and it's up to date.One time, the PC froze when I bumped into it. Could be related but I'm not sure.Thanks in advance....
  6. Video Tdr failure, blue screen

Video Tdr failure, blue screen: The computer will suddenly crash, usually when playing a game and display this error:VIDEO TDR FAILUREcaused by nvlddmkm.sysI checked my graphics card driver and it's up to date.One time, the PC froze when I bumped into it. Could be related but I'm not sure.Thanks in advance....
  7. Video Tdr failure, blue screen

8. Video Tdr Failure nvlddmkm.sys blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Tdr Failure nvlddmkm.sys blue screen: Hi,I recently started getting a blue screen with Video Tdr Failure nvlddmkm.sys while playing games from 10 to 20 minutes. My pc :I5 10400rtx 3060 16GB ramI checked temperatures but everything seems fine with 50C on cpu and gpu while playing. I tried some fix from internet...
  9. Video Tdr Failure nvlddmkm.sys blue screen

Video Tdr Failure nvlddmkm.sys blue screen: Hi,I recently started getting a blue screen with Video Tdr Failure nvlddmkm.sys while playing games from 10 to 20 minutes. My pc :I5 10400rtx 3060 16GB ramI checked temperatures but everything seems fine with 50C on cpu and gpu while playing. I tried some fix from internet...
  10. video tdr failur and dxgkrnl.sys blue screen

video tdr failur and dxgkrnl.sys blue screen: random blue screen on a hp Laptop all Drivers updated regestry is ok memtest is ok all hd are testet all Hardware Test are ok chkdsk is ok win 10 is up to date hp support is helpless anny idea ?...