Windows 10: Blue Screen CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED after troubleshooting graphics drivers. Can't Restore.

Discus and support Blue Screen CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED after troubleshooting graphics drivers. Can't Restore. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My laptop I am having troubles with is a Sager NP8157 (Clevo P650HS-G) Specs: i7-7700HQ GTX 1070 16 GB Ram (1x16GB) Windows 10 (I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Piecrust234, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Blue Screen CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED after troubleshooting graphics drivers. Can't Restore.

Hello,

My laptop I am having troubles with is a Sager NP8157 (Clevo P650HS-G)

Specs:

i7-7700HQ

GTX 1070

16 GB Ram (1x16GB)

Windows 10 (I believe most recent build)

This all started with my intel graphics drivers causing issues. Whenever I would enable, install, or reinstall the HD 630 drivers, regardless of source (intel, sager, auto update, etc), the screen would go black with a backlight. Computer would still be running however. Only way to use the laptop would be to boot in safemode, and disable the HD 630 device. This would allow me to use the computer as normal with the exception of having basically no graphical horsepower.

Now, to get to the blue screen. After attempting to install intel drivers from sager's website for my laptop for the 2nd or 3rd time, the black screen problem was not resolved. I just shut off the laptop and gave up for the night. The next day, upon attempting to boot to safe mode, I received the blue screen "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". I tried to restart several times in safe mode with the same blue screen occurring each time.

I then attempted to do a system restore. I had to use the command in the WinRE command prompt "rstrui.exe /offline:C:\windows=active" in order to even use the restore tool as it said I needed to enable system protection for the drive. After I did this, I would always get an unspecified error (0x8007002). Before the first attempt, there were 2 options for restore points, and afterwards there was one (and still only one).

I have still not been able to boot my computer to the desktop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

Piecrust234, Oct 5, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Blue screen ntdll.sys CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Hi Victor,

The CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED bug check has a value of 0x000000EF. This indicates that a critical system process died.
    The ntoskrnl.exe may possibly occur due to the default value in the
    Boot Loader section of the Boot.ini file which is missing or invalid. BSOD errors occur mostly due to incompatible, faulty or corrupted device drivers installed on the computer. To better assist you, I'd like to know any changes
    you've made. What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot blue
    screen errors. You can choose when did you get the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Blue Screen CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED after troubleshooting graphics drivers. Can't Restore.

Blue Screen while playing Sims4in Windows 10

Hi Jadon,

The issue might be caused if the Graphic card is not updated. I suggest you to update the Graphic card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Follow the troubleshooting by selecting the correct options in the link below:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Blue Screen CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED after troubleshooting graphics drivers. Can't Restore.

1. Blue Screen CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED after troubleshooting graphics drivers. Can't Restore. - Similar Threads - Blue Screen CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

2. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screen and can't fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screen and can't fix it: Hey guys,i have blue screen and can't fix it,it's going already for a week i think.I updated my video adaptter's driver but it didn't help.https://drive.google.com/file/d/14PffDW-H-hRec8U3RYsNkUs8SrdkXBw6/view?usp=sharing...
  3. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screen and can't fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screen and can't fix it: Hey guys,i have blue screen and can't fix it,it's going already for a week i think.I updated my video adaptter's driver but it didn't help.https://drive.google.com/file/d/14PffDW-H-hRec8U3RYsNkUs8SrdkXBw6/view?usp=sharing...
  4. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screen and can't fix it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blue Screen - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Blue Screen - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: I’ve tried everything I read to do and everything fails. Every single one of the advanced troubleshooting suggestion fails. The blue screen always wins! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-criticalprocessdied/32bee7dd-6005-4a37-bf6e-89fab03611b8
  6. Blue screen CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED ef

Blue screen CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED ef: I have a temperamental PC that probably twice a month blue screens, and I can not find out why so I am looking for help. Looking at this community it pointed me to the memory and hard drive. I have ran multiple memory test and hard drive test and all pass with 0 errors... I...
  7. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION Blue Screen

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION Blue Screen: Hello, I frequently get CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION bsod I use HP Pavilion Laptop Here is my minidump files from the last week: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qvCmVkw5HQa0um0D-J8wlve0LjHJbtZe/view?usp=sharing Thanks...
  8. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Blue Screen even after a Clean Install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Blue Screen even after a Clean Install: I had been getting these various blue screen errors, such as UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION, and mostly CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I've tried everything and eventually I did a clean install via Media Tool from a usb disk. After the start, I installed all the drivers and available...
  9. Constant blue screen CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Constant blue screen CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi, from few weeks I struggle with often happening blue screen "Critical_Process_Died" message on my laptop with Windows 10. Machine restarts itself and sometimes error happens right after logging in. Tried to run Driver verifier with no luck, blue screen just after...
  10. Blue screen - Critical Process Died - Can't restore Windows 10

Blue screen - Critical Process Died - Can't restore Windows 10: I have a Critical Process Died response but, I can read the windows directory using the command prompt. Does this mean the SSdrive is good, but the Windows 10 file is corrupt?...