Windows 10: Blue Screen - DPC Watchdog

Discus and support Blue Screen - DPC Watchdog in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC recently has been freezing and blue screening pretty randomly. I can play for hours and nothing and then sometimes my PC will freeze right after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MikeRickey, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Blue Screen - DPC Watchdog

My PC recently has been freezing and blue screening pretty randomly. I can play for hours and nothing and then sometimes my PC will freeze right after startup. This issue has also been affecting my speakers, as sometimes after a crash my PC will not recognize or display them in any location. My PC currently uses Realtek HD Audio Drivers and I have gone through the process of deleting and reinstalling them, and my PC wont recognize the speakers after a few restarts it seems. I have a feeling it is the Realtek drivers but I do not know for sure. I have tried driver verifier and in another thread

:)

MikeRickey, Aug 1, 2021

2. DPC Watchdog Violation

I have an HP desktop that upgraded to windows 10. I continue to have the DPC Watchdog Violation blue screen. Any suggestions?

Don

PS I do not have a IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers on my device manager

DonaldKorn, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Windows watchdog blue screen

Hi Teemu,

This error can be caused most likely by an outdated driver for one of your hardware components. DPC stands for Deferred Procedure Call. The blue screen error code indicates that watchdog detects a DPC running too long, which stops your process to avoid data
    corruption or damaging the computer. To help resolve the issue, we suggest
    updating all the drivers on your PC
    as an initial troubleshooting step.

If the issue persists, you can perform a disk check. Follow the steps below to know how:

• On the search bar, type cmd then choose Command prompt.
    • Right-click on it and select Run as administrator. Click
      Yes
      to continue after administrator permission was asked.
    • Then type chkdsk /f /r and press Enter to start the process.

Note: Disk check will start the next time you boot your PC and it might take some time to complete.

After doing the suggested steps, check if the same issue will occur.

Feel free to post back if you need further help.

Anne Ros, Aug 1, 2021
  4. Blue Screen - DPC Watchdog

DPC Watchdog Violation while watching youtube.

Hi,

We would like to suggest additional troubleshooting steps to address the blue screen error that you have encountered while watching videos online. Aside from updating the drivers, you might want to also check other possible factors why the DPC Watchdog Violation
    error keeps on showing. To begin troubleshooting and to help us isolate the issue, we recommend following the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors.

We will for your response regarding the result.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

Blue Screen - DPC Watchdog

1. Blue Screen - DPC Watchdog - Similar Threads - Blue Screen DPC

2. DPC Watchdog Violation blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC Watchdog Violation blue screen: my computer bluescreens only when playing roblox. it freezes and all audio stops then it bluescreens and restarts. it keeps telling me dpc watchdog violation.here are some minidumps:...
  3. DPC Watchdog Violation blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC Watchdog Violation blue screen: my computer bluescreens only when playing roblox. it freezes and all audio stops then it bluescreens and restarts. it keeps telling me dpc watchdog violation.here are some minidumps:...
  4. DPC Watchdog Violation blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blue Screen DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen DPC Watchdog Violation: Hello, I've been having frequent system crashes showing the DPC Watchdog Violation.I've done disk and memory checks, checked for new drivers, and reinstalled a program that appeared to be using outdated drivers, but the problem persists.The minidump files from yesterday and...
  6. Blue Screen DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen DPC Watchdog Violation: Hello, I've been having frequent system crashes showing the DPC Watchdog Violation.I've done disk and memory checks, checked for new drivers, and reinstalled a program that appeared to be using outdated drivers, but the problem persists.The minidump files from yesterday and...
  7. Blue Screen DPC Watchdog Violation

8. Blue screen DPC watchdog violation.

Blue screen DPC watchdog violation.: I was watching youtube on my desktop and it froze and looped sound from the past half second then it Bsod on me. Here is a link to the dmp file on google drive: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkWRaAhUDM5njB1008fC4A_f6cmb...
  9. Blue screen DPC watchdog violation

Blue screen DPC watchdog violation: I had this problem for almost a month and after trying to fix it with tips from the community and nothing helped I factor reset my windows and reinstall my entire windows from 0. but I after installing everything back after playing overwatch to my surprise my pc crashed again...
  10. DPC Watchdog Violation Blue Screen

DPC Watchdog Violation Blue Screen: Ever since I built my PC in 2016 I have had the DPC Watchdog Violation Blue Screen appear usually whilst playing high performance certain games. The computer will freeze for a few minutes and then the blue screen will appear. The blue screen stays at 0% and doesn't progress...