Windows 10: Blue screen during fresh install leads to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Discus and support Blue screen during fresh install leads to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i am currently building a computer for gaming and all parts are brand new. i have BIOS setup to boot from the USB since i have a stick to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by timdysinger, May 9, 2020.

1. Blue screen during fresh install leads to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

i am currently building a computer for gaming and all parts are brand new. i have BIOS setup to boot from the USB since i have a stick to install windows 10. During the install process though, anywhere between choosing your language just after choosing which bit version needs installed to where windows is installed and loading settings the computer will freeze, which then causes me to have to delete partitions and reinstall because the install is corrupted. i finally was able to get an error while waiting to see if one would show up and it gave me DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. i looked up the error and mostly found people having the error after install while in the GUI being caused by a driver issue with IDE/SATA controller or it could be an issue with hardware operation. which did not lead to an answer to fix. all fixes for the issue have been done inside the GUI by updating the driver for the SATA controller. if it helps i will post computer specs below for possible hardware issues.

Motherboard: MSI MEG Z390 Ace LGA 1151

Processor: Intel I7 9700K LGA 1151

Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3333

Graphics Card: Nvidia 2080 super

HDD: Western Digital 4TB

Power supply: Corsair 850W

all parts show compatibility with the motherboard and are being recognized in BIOS through the msi board viewer or otherwise. Ram is in the slots desired by the board which was something the board yelled about upon its first bootup. with this all in mind im thinking either a problem with the windows boot media, the motherboard or HDD which is the third one due to western digitals apparent issues with making good HDD now which is newly replaced.

any possible fixes or ideas would be appreciated

:)

timdysinger, May 9, 2020

2. Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

After a recent updating, my machine has blue screen every 5 - 10 minutes.

The error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I saw another post here which suggest to use "iastor.sys". But I don't have that in the driver list. Mine is storahci.sys.

Please advise! Thanks,

hairinwind, May 9, 2020
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Mattie,

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen error can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues. Now, you mentioned that you already changed the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to standard. Did you update the driver as well? And also,
    are you getting the same blue screen error when you play other games? Or is it only occurring when you play a particular game?

For the mean time, if you haven't tried any further troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you perform the suggested steps from this article:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, May 9, 2020
  4. Roan T Win User

Blue screen during fresh install leads to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Blue screen during fresh install leads to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

1. Blue screen during fresh install leads to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Similar Threads - Blue screen during

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen: Hi,I get this error about 45 to 60 minutes after I start my PC. Its quite a new PC but recently its got worse.When it crashes, I have about 15 seconds when I can still move the mouse but nothing responds. Or if music is playing it turnes very odd until the Blue Screen.I'm...
  3. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on a fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on a fresh install: Hi I've been getting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION recently but mostly only when I play Roblox. I decided to do a fresh install since nothing i was doing was working but now I received the same crash again. It seems to be random sometimes it could be hours between crashes...
  4. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on a fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on a fresh install: Hi I've been getting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION recently but mostly only when I play Roblox. I decided to do a fresh install since nothing i was doing was working but now I received the same crash again. It seems to be random sometimes it could be hours between crashes...
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen: I am facing DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen error again and again. The issue is with Wifi Adapter i think. My laptop has Wifi adapter Mediatek MT7921. The Blue Screen error occurs 5-6 times a day randomly at any time....
  6. Blue Screen "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION"

Blue Screen "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION": Every time I play a game, it will randomly crash my system reporting "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION".I have tried everything I can to resolve the issue: reinstall drivers, update BIOS and even reinstalling Windows. I cannot fix this and because of this I cannot use my system.Any...
  7. Blue Screen DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Blue Screen DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello, been getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION since yesterday. Tried uninstalling recent updates but they failed. Have currently opened in Safe Mode and need to know how to resolve. Using Windows 10 since laptop was purchased in 2019...
  8. Blue Screen on fresh install

Blue Screen on fresh install: Recently I have upgraded to windows 10 from 7. After the initial install I got an IRQL LESS THAN EQUAL bsod. So I tried running Driver verifer, chkdsk, and even memtest to see if those would help point me in the direction of the problem. A few days later I am still having the...
  9. Screen unreadable during fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen unreadable during fresh install: I was installing Windows 10 on a machine (desktop) using a bootable pendrive. After it loads and restarts, it changes the screen resolution and becomes unreadable, is not blue screen or frozen, I can move the pointer and see there is text, texboxes, etc. but I can't carry on...
  10. Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: After a recent updating, my machine has blue screen every 5 - 10 minutes. The error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION I saw another post here which suggest to use "iastor.sys". But I don't have that in the driver list. Mine is storahci.sys. Please advise! Thanks,...