Windows 10: Blue screen error: 0xc0000225, error message: "CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED" booting windows 10...

Discus and support Blue screen error: 0xc0000225, error message: "CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED" booting windows 10... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I have an HP Pavilion G6 that I bought new with Windows 8.1 installed. When the windows 10 upgrade option was available, I waited for a few weeks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by exafrost, Oct 2, 2018.

1. exafrost Win User

Blue screen error: 0xc0000225, error message: "CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED" booting windows 10...

Hi.

I have an HP Pavilion G6 that I bought new with Windows 8.1 installed. When the windows 10 upgrade option was available, I waited for a few weeks before upgrading just in case there were any issues with hardware or whatever. I ran the compatibility test and no problems were found. Great!

I let it download and install... everything worked. Life is swell!

A year or so later, a critical update alert. Ok, sure. I allow it to download and install.

Laptop reboots... or rather, fails to reboot.

Twice. I let it automatically repair boot.

Failed. (A few four letter words later) I roll back to a previous update.

Laptop boots fine. Life is good again.

Critical update alert appears again a few days later. I figure the previous attempt must have failed due to an error in downloading or something.

I let it do it's thing again. Same problem as before.

This time I skip the autorepair option and roll back to a previous update. First time fails.

(More four letter words) second time I select a different restore point and cross my fingers.

Yay, It worked!

For the next year Every time the critical update appears, I cancel it... that is, until one day I am distracted by a call and rush out without shutting down the laptop. It's fine, it'll just go into standby or hibernate if left unattended. What could possibly go wrong?

I return home many hours later and it has shut itself down.

I try to boot it up... boot failure. Try to roll back to previous restore points... 5 of them failed. Autorepair... Failed.

Try to repair with a Windows 10 installation DVD I had to make at a friend's place... FAILED.

Let me be perfectly clear, there are files that I need on that drive, so a clean installation (which will wipe all data) is flat out not an option. I do not have another working computer handy to hook up the laptops drive and (hopefully) back up all of the data before having to resort to doing a fresh installation. And no, I do not have those files backed up.

Besides, a fresh installation will be useless to me, since my computer was registered with Windows 8x and upgraded to Windows 10x. So I have no physical registration key to use.

Just how badly screwed am I?

I can't think of anything else to try.

Thanks.

Andrew

:)

exafrost, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Homeless Win User

0xc0000225 boot error

For some odd reason when I turned on my computer today, I was greeted with the error 0xc0000225 stating that my NLS files were corrupt/missing. I am Running Vista x64 and so far have tried the following:

Replace NLS files
    Windows repair utility
    Restored an old working registry backup
    Tried booting with different ram configurations
    Created new BCD / Boot
    Chkdsk

Google suggests something about apci, but my gigabyte ud3p doesn't have such an option (already vista compatible) and it seems to only occur to people who are initially installing and not people who already have a working copy.

Homeless, Oct 2, 2018
  3. CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED Blue Screen error, can't boot into Windows 10

Hi Wungraileng, thanks for coming back to me.

I took a look at the steps suggested by Babu V. The first link to the "Troubleshoot blue screen errors" page doesn't seem to be relevant as it asks "When did you get the blue screen error?" and the only three options are:

While upgrading to Windows 10

After an update was installed

While using my PC

However, I am getting the error after trying to resize the system partition on my hard drive.

The post by Babu V also mentions booting in Safe Mode. However I am unable to boot into Safe Mode - if I select this option on the Startup Settings screen I get the same CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED blue screen error.

Blue screen error: 0xc0000225, error message: "CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED" booting windows 10... [​IMG]

The blue screen error mentions that it's collecting some error info - where is this error info stored?

Tom Hunter, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Blue screen error: 0xc0000225, error message: "CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED" booting windows 10...

Blue screen error 0xc0000225

Original title: Error code: 0xc0000225

I had my laptop asleep, but when I turned it on it was blue screen with this error.

I hit each suggestion Windows gave such as hitting enter and hitting F8 and etc... But all it does is this brief blink then goes back to the blue screen. Like I tried hitting F12 as it suggested to boot it but that did nothing I can't even access PC administrator
    like it tells. Anyone can help me that would great. Thank you.

Sanny-midwest, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Blue screen error: 0xc0000225, error message: "CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED" booting windows 10...

1. Blue screen error: 0xc0000225, error message: "CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED" booting windows 10... - Similar Threads - Blue screen error

2. Blue Screen on boot up with Error Code: 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen on boot up with Error Code: 0xc0000225: Hi, I think I may have dug myself a deep hole with this one. But maybe someone can give me some advice with it. Motherboard: Asus Z170-AWindows 10The RundownProblem: when I boot up my PC after getting past the manufacturer screen, when I should see the windows loading screen...
  3. Blue Screen on boot up with Error Code: 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen on boot up with Error Code: 0xc0000225: Hi, I think I may have dug myself a deep hole with this one. But maybe someone can give me some advice with it. Motherboard: Asus Z170-AWindows 10The RundownProblem: when I boot up my PC after getting past the manufacturer screen, when I should see the windows loading screen...
  4. Blue Screen on boot up with Error Code: 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Blue Screen Error Critical_Service_Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Error Critical_Service_Failed: My lenovo legion y520 laptop has been in a loop of blue screen error CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED . i have tried every solution, for example startup repair, going in to safe mode even reseting and everything failed. The only thing i didn't use is a flashdrive with windows os, but...
  6. Windows 10 boot error 0xc0000225.

Windows 10 boot error 0xc0000225.: Recently I was trying to install another boot system on my Windows 10 volume system with a tool to install a dual boot system without a CD/DVD or USB, but after I've failed I have opened my Windows 10 volume system and there was too many files, and there was a "Unstaill.exe"...
  7. Blue screen error: Critical_Service_Failed after Windows update

Blue screen error: Critical_Service_Failed after Windows update: User tried to install latest version of PhotoShop but was told by support to run Windows/System updates & did. After 2 1/2 to 3 hours of updates (machine had not been used for a number of months) system will no longer boot up. Any idea what I can do to help him? Recovery...
  8. when i restart an error with blue screen appears. error code is CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    when i restart an error with blue screen appears. error code is CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED: hi team,i have a hp laptop with windows 10 . when i restart an error with blue screen appears. error code is CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED, But i shut down and start not this problem. this thing repeating many times. how can i solve this without loose my files and software...
  9. Critical_Service_Failed message in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical_Service_Failed message in windows 10: Dear Sir/Madam, I have faced with a problem of Critical_Service_Failed in windows 10, Optiplex 7440 AIO Series, can you please help me out...
  10. Error 0xc0000225 but then booted eventually

in Windows 10 Support
    Error 0xc0000225 but then booted eventually: Yesterday i had a notification appear in the Action Centre saying "Security and Maintenance Restart to Repair drive Errors". So i restarted but all i kept getting was a Recovery screen saying 'Your Pc couldn't start properly a required device isn't connected or cant be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. critical service failed windows 10

2. windows critical service failed error code oxc0000225

3. critical_service_failed error 0xc0000225

4. español Windows 10 ↔ Critical Service Failed Error 0xc0000225 ,
  5. critical service failed windows 10 0xc0000225,
  6. error message 0xc0000225,
  7. critical service failed 0xc0000225