Windows 10: Blue Screen Error after Hyper-V Hypervisor enabled

Discus and support Blue Screen Error after Hyper-V Hypervisor enabled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear All, I have been facing issues with the laptop with constant crashes. Earlier I thought the issue was with a faulty driver for Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zahir Sayyad, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Blue Screen Error after Hyper-V Hypervisor enabled

Dear All,

I have been facing issues with the laptop with constant crashes.

Earlier I thought the issue was with a faulty driver for Intel Management Engine 15.0 Software for Windows 10 Version 1709 or Later - ThinkPad T490s, X390 and tried many ways to update it but it didnt fix the issue.

I had to reset the laptop twice but finally realized that the issue was drivers but only occurs when I enable Hyper-V Hypervisor.

I have attached the latest minidump i.e. Minidump3. I have also attached older Minidumps prior to resets i.e. Minidump1 & 2.

Please advise how I can resolve this issue. As after enabling hypervisor the drivers dont get updated either through windows update or vendor website.

Minidump1 with INFO

Minidump2

LATEST Minidump3

:)

Zahir Sayyad, Feb 23, 2021
  2. lolmaus Win User

Struggling to enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 with AMD Ryzen: "A hypervisor has been detected"

• Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WIFI
    • AMD Ryzen 2700X
    • Windows 10 64-bit v. 1903
    • BIOS F31
    • AMD Chipset driver v. 19
    I have enabled SVM in the BIOS (which is a Gigabyte term for virtualization). I have installed Hyper-V in Windows features.

I'm running msinfo32 and expect to see four items related to Hyper-V. Instead, I see: "A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed."

How do I enable Hyper-V??

PS My goal is to run Docker natively, without VirtualBox. When I try to setup Kinematic, it says:

Blue Screen Error after Hyper-V Hypervisor enabled E3bVRQE.png

lolmaus, Feb 23, 2021
  3. 智鍵關 Win User
    Using Hypervisor before running Hyper-V

I want to use Hyper-V creating virtual disk to install iso software. After I created virtual disk by Hyper-V, it could not work and showed the following message: hypervisor was not executed !

I tried to input a couple of command at the powershell (administration) :

bcdedit /store c: BootBCD /set hypervisorlaunchtype Auto

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype auto

dism /online/eabl-feature/ featurename: Microsoft-Hyper-V-All

````````````` it is still not working ~~~~~ for Hyper-V

Please advise me how to do !

Enclosed with 2 screen images of what I did.

***Original title: how to open hypervisor before using hyper-V in Windows Pro ?***

智鍵關, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Blue Screen Error after Hyper-V Hypervisor enabled

Enabling Hyper-V causes Windows 10 unable to boot

You might be able to run Googles Android emulator with Hyper-V enabled, if you also enable the "Windows Hypervisor Platform", but I believe you will get the best performance using Intel HAXM. eave Hyper-V disabled.

https://developer.android.com/studio/run/emulator-acceleration

EDIT: I misread the webpage. It looks like it is either HAXM if you do not need to also run Hyper-V and Windows Hypervisor Platform if you do also need to run Hyper-V.

I run Hyper-V. When I need to run an Android Emulator (I usually just use NOX) I first disable the Hypervisor in BCD and restart. I do not need to uninstall Hyper-V, I just disable the Hypervisor: (bcdedit.exe /set hypervisorlaunchtype off).

Don Cuthbert, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Blue Screen Error after Hyper-V Hypervisor enabled

1. Blue Screen Error after Hyper-V Hypervisor enabled - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Error

2. 0x140 Hyper-V Hypervisor mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x140 Hyper-V Hypervisor mode: hi, i have a problem with game lineage 2 interlude showing error after starting game. msg is : Virtual machine detected 0x140.Maybe windows is launched in Hyper-V hypervisor mode,please turn off in order to run the game.click yes and active anticheat will do it for you the...
  3. 0x140 Hyper-V Hypervisor mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x140 Hyper-V Hypervisor mode: hi, i have a problem with game lineage 2 interlude showing error after starting game. msg is : Virtual machine detected 0x140.Maybe windows is launched in Hyper-V hypervisor mode,please turn off in order to run the game.click yes and active anticheat will do it for you the...
  4. Constant Blue Screens after enabling WSL2/Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Blue Screens after enabling WSL2/Hyper-V: Hello,I have been trying to setup WSL2/Hyper-V on my windows 11 build 25236 for quite some time now. There is no crash with WSL1 but whenever I enable virtual machine platform I get constant Blue Screens with Stop Code: SYNTHETIC WATCHDOG TIMEOUTHere is my minidump in...
  5. Constant Blue Screens after enabling WSL2/Hyper-V

Constant Blue Screens after enabling WSL2/Hyper-V: Hello,I have been trying to setup WSL2/Hyper-V on my windows 11 build 25236 for quite some time now. There is no crash with WSL1 but whenever I enable virtual machine platform I get constant Blue Screens with Stop Code: SYNTHETIC WATCHDOG TIMEOUTHere is my minidump in...
  6. BSOD Hypervisor Error everytime using Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Hypervisor Error everytime using Hyper-V: The BSOD always occurs 5-15 minutes after connecting to a vm.I have tried doing memory test with Memtest86 and there was no problem.Other types of BSOD also occurs sometimes even when the PC idling.Here's the latest crash dump analysis with WindbgHYPERVISOR_ERROR 20001The...
  7. BSOD Hypervisor Error everytime using Hyper-V

BSOD Hypervisor Error everytime using Hyper-V: The BSOD always occurs 5-15 minutes after connecting to a vm.I have tried doing memory test with Memtest86 and there was no problem.Other types of BSOD also occurs sometimes even when the PC idling.Here's the latest crash dump analysis with WindbgHYPERVISOR_ERROR 20001The...
  8. screen flickering after Hyper V was enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen flickering after Hyper V was enabled: See the below video for the issue:https://drive.google.com/file/d/18oM2WPfEYyUuyyk7aUlKrmO16mxHOOmk/view?usp=sharingAround a month back, I installed a software called Docker on my system which uses Hyper VI dont have virtualization in my CPU. Around that time this screen...
  9. Hyper V Hypervisor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hyper V Hypervisor: So this file says that I need to enable Virtualization Technology on my computer in order to install it. It is enabled, and just to check, i disabled it in order to see what it would say. It says that I need to enable VT on my computer and the file is greyed out.SO why is it...
  10. Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature: I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082 (upgraded from Windows 1151 fully updated. I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows 1151 but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition. The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK...