Windows 10: Blue screen error and forgotten admin password. PLEASE HELP

Discus and support Blue screen error and forgotten admin password. PLEASE HELP in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am receiving a blue screen error that states “critical process died”. Even though this aspect is extremely frustrating, there is a more pressing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Aaliyah Sims, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Blue screen error and forgotten admin password. PLEASE HELP

I am receiving a blue screen error that states “critical process died”. Even though this aspect is extremely frustrating, there is a more pressing issue. I cannot remember or reset my admin password. I have tried everything to try and correct my initial issue, but I am constantly faced with my admin password being required. I went through the process of changing my Microsoft account password and was successful. This did not help like I thought. What can I do to at least get a working password to troubleshoot my other problem?

:)

Aaliyah Sims, Nov 29, 2022
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 29, 2022
  3. Try3 Win User
    Forgotten admin password.

Sorry but "Admin account" might be a description. Is your answer to 1 that you are signed in to the built-in account with the username Administrator or do you just mean that you are signed in to an account that has admin status [an account that you have made at some stage]?

The account to select in the list is the one that you want to reset the password to. If that is the one you are signed in to then you'll get that To change your password press Alt+Ctrl+Delete message instead [and the existing password is needed in order to do any change].

You need to be signed in to a different admin user account in order to reset the existing one's password. By the way, you will lose all your saved internet sign-in credentials by resetting it.
    - You could create a new password-protected, admin-level local user account {steps given in a separate post below} then sign in to it so you could then use netplwiz to reset the original one.

Denis

4. Kol12 Win User

Blue screen error and forgotten admin password. PLEASE HELP

Forgotten admin password.

Thanks guys. Just confirming that the instructions have worked and all of the account passwords are sorted out. Passwords have been stored securely so they won't be lost again!

One thing I noticed after creating the temp admin account is that you need to change it to a standard account afterwards otherwise it will be the primary admin account.

Kol12, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

Blue screen error and forgotten admin password. PLEASE HELP

1. Blue screen error and forgotten admin password. PLEASE HELP - Similar Threads - Blue screen error

2. Blue screen error and Do not remember admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen error and Do not remember admin password: Running Windows10 on a gateway pc. The problem is something has corrupted my ability to boot and now I'm getting blue screen error upon boot. After failing to boot a couple of times it will automatically attempt to repair startup, BUT to do that it demands a password to...
  3. Blue screen error and Do not remember admin password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen error and Do not remember admin password: Running Windows 10. Receving blue screen error after a system update and keep being put through the automatic repair loop which does nothing. I have tried to boot through safe mode which continues to send me through the blue screen loop.I've tried to system restore or other...
  4. Blue screen error and forgotten admin password. PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen error and forgotten admin password. PLEASE HELP: I am receiving a blue screen error that states “critical process died”. Even though this aspect is extremely frustrating, there is a more pressing issue. I cannot remember or reset my admin password. I have tried everything to try and correct my initial issue, but I am...
  5. Blue screen error and forgotten admin password. PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen error and forgotten admin password. PLEASE HELP: I am receiving a blue screen error that states “critical process died”. Even though this aspect is extremely frustrating, there is a more pressing issue. I cannot remember or reset my admin password. I have tried everything to try and correct my initial issue, but I am...
  6. BSOD Forgotten Admin Password

BSOD Forgotten Admin Password: Running Windows 10 on an ASUS Zenbook. I've just tried installing an update but after the restart the BSOD came out. The issue listed as Inaccessible Boot Device. I can access all of the options as far as repair, trouble shooting, and uninstalling updates, after which I...
  7. Forgotten admin password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forgotten admin password: I’ve got no password reset disk and I don’t have security questions any help will be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/Deloreanfan12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i7p114/forgotten_admin_password/
  8. Forgotten admin password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten admin password.: I've forgotten the administrator password for my notebook. I can login with a 4 digit pin but I need the current password to change the password and that's the one I've forgotten. Also Windows keeps complaining of needing a startup repair but I cannot run it without the admin...
  9. Blue Screen errors, please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen errors, please help: Hello, In the beginnign I am sorry for my english it's not my first language. For some time I am getting blue screen errors. Mostly when I play games but it also can happen while browsing internet, watching youtube. I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit V. 1803. I installed new...
  10. Forgotten Admin password

Forgotten Admin password: Hi i have a problem problem with my pc windows 10 i need to reboot it but i forgot my administrator password? Please help me guys i dont want to loose the information which is on my pc....