Windows 10: Blue Screen error and "Getting Windows ready" frozen

Discus and support Blue Screen error and "Getting Windows ready" frozen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Lately I have been experiencing some problems with my pc. First it started with Windows notifying me that there were drive errors, and to restart the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by am476ma, Jul 24, 2020.

1. am476ma Win User

Blue Screen error and "Getting Windows ready" frozen

Lately I have been experiencing some problems with my pc.

First it started with Windows notifying me that there were drive errors, and to restart the pc in order to solve them. When I did that, at the beginning of the start process, the pc scanned and repaired disc C, however after a while I started using it, the same notification of drive errors appeared. In the mean time a blu screen error, reporting a MEMORY MANADGEMENT error, issue appeared over and over as well. Usually this happens a little while after I logged into my account, even if there was only background processes and I didn't do anything.

I have tried something to reparire this drive issue like typing sfc/scannow on the command prompt. But nothing seems to work.

This morning after the usual scanning and repairing of disc C, it appeared the "Getting Windows ready, don't turn off the pc" screen which, up to now, has been running for three hours.

Thank you in advance.

:)

am476ma, Jul 24, 2020

2. Error. Blue Screen

Hi,

In addition to the above mentioned solutions by Community members, I would like to add the following:

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Blue Screen error and "Getting Windows ready" frozen

Getting 3 different blue screen errors multiple times a day

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• could you please mention the exact error message that you are getting?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Blue Screen error and "Getting Windows ready" frozen

1. Blue Screen error and "Getting Windows ready" frozen - Similar Threads - Blue Screen error

2. Frozen on blue choose screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frozen on blue choose screen: My hp laptop started a system update on its own this am. When I went to sign in a blue screen came upthat was partially chopped off asking me to choose is I want to keep signing in with can’t see or fingerprint. Neither option worked when I clicked on it. I turned computer...
  3. Frozen on blue choose screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frozen on blue choose screen: My hp laptop started a system update on its own this am. When I went to sign in a blue screen came upthat was partially chopped off asking me to choose is I want to keep signing in with can’t see or fingerprint. Neither option worked when I clicked on it. I turned computer...
  4. Frozen on blue choose screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to fix a frozen PC that's stuck on Getting Windows Ready?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix a frozen PC that's stuck on Getting Windows Ready?: After my HDD slowed down and stopped working as fast, I took the time to buy an SSD. Why not, right?Well, after some time, my PC would freeze after awhile of being idle.I decided to completely wipe the SSD and using my laptop and the Windows Media Creation Tool, I tried...
  6. How to fix a frozen PC that's stuck on Getting Windows Ready?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix a frozen PC that's stuck on Getting Windows Ready?: After my HDD slowed down and stopped working as fast, I took the time to buy an SSD. Why not, right?Well, after some time, my PC would freeze after awhile of being idle.I decided to completely wipe the SSD and using my laptop and the Windows Media Creation Tool, I tried...
  7. “Getting windows ready” screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Getting windows ready” screen: My PC has been in the getting windows ready screen forever. Is this normal?? How long do I have to wait before I can use my PC normally submitted by /u/whorechataxx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mc843h/getting_windows_ready_screen/
  8. Getting devices ready after Windows setup frozen.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting devices ready after Windows setup frozen.: After I install windows 10 and when it says getting devices ready, it freezes. When I don't install and try open windows 10, it sends me [The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click OK...
  9. Frozen Blue Screen Of Death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frozen Blue Screen Of Death: I randomly got the BSOD ( Blue Screen Of Death) while trying to restart my computer. I’ve tried clicking on every option on the Advanced options page, but when i click on one the whole page freezes (exept for my mouse). The only way to unfreeze it so far is to force my laptop...
  10. How to Fix windows 10 Getting ready Frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Fix windows 10 Getting ready Frozen: How to fix frozen stuck at getting ready the dots stop turning and the blue cursor shows Sample Laptop Dell Inspiron 15 5558 Intel Core i7-5500U 6GB 1TB HD [img] 73392