Windows 10: blue screen error and high cpu usage

Discus and support blue screen error and high cpu usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lorwill, Jul 12, 2020.

1. lorwill Win User

blue screen error and high cpu usage

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name DESKTOP-P6CE0KA
    System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    System Model HP EliteBook 6930p
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU NP909AW#ABA
    Processor IntelR CoreTM2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz, 2534 Mhz, 2 Cores, 2 Logical Processors
    BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard 68PCD Ver. F.19, 6/8/2010
    SMBIOS Version 2.4
    Embedded Controller Version 87.38
    BIOS Mode Legacy
    BaseBoard Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    BaseBoard Product 30DC
    BaseBoard Version KBC Version 87.2B
    Platform Role Mobile
    Secure Boot State Unsupported
    PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.1"
    User Name DESKTOP-P6CE0KA\lorwill
    Time Zone Atlantic Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory RAM 4.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 3.90 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.43 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 5.28 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 2.30 GB
    Page File Space 1.38 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Kernel DMA Protection Off
    Virtualization-based security Not enabled
    Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected, TPM is not usable
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions No
    Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

here is my dump file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XKG5MdO74MNILso6BMvWR53P-8Lc6v4J/view?usp=sharing

:)

lorwill, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Rick.T Win User

Windows 10 Display Blinking with High CPU

After upgrade to Windows 10, experiencing flashing display and high CPU.

• At initial logon screen everything is normal - wall paper and logon screen display with no blinking
    • After logon, fan starts as CPU usage spikes, cursor is accompanied by the spinning blue circle
    • touchscreen does not respond to swipe to access Recovery/Safe mode for reboot
    • able to get to Task Manager and Perfmon to see high CPU usage and explorer.exe is suspended
    looking for suggestions on how to either fix or roll back to Windows 8.1

Rick.T, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Scramjet Win User
    High CPU usage

Done a full scan with ESET Smart Security and got nothing so that's good. After 10 mins of searching for updates I finally got an error: 0x800705b4 which is strange cause it is related to Defender and that is disabled by ESET. So now I have to deal with that I guess *Sad First time I ever had that error.
    My screen is not big enough to display the long list in process tab and I also opened the 3 that had the processes inside them. Attached in this reply are 5 Processes pics for you to view. I will post another reply with the other 3. Greatly appreciate if you can see anything there that should not be there.

blue screen error and high cpu usage [​IMG]
    cheers

Scramjet, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Very high CPU usage and WPR trace

Hi Barbara,

There are a few reasons why your computer shows a high CPU usage. It could be because of malware or malfunctioning software. To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Any recent changes made prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

1. blue screen error and high cpu usage - Similar Threads - blue screen error

2. high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high cpu usage: I had a high cpu usage when i was using my pc even on idle, then i decided to reset my pc, this fixed the issue but i had some projects and files that i wanted so i copied them into a flash drive and after the reset, i moved the files to my pc, now the cpu usage is high again...
  3. High CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU usage: When everything is closed my CPU is using 1%, however when I play my game the CPU usage skyrockets up to 60% even though game is only using 10 - 20% of the CPU.When the game is running:When the game isn't running:...
  4. CPU High Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU High Usage: Hey,My CPU goes to 90% to 100% when I play games. I don't know if my CPU is bottleneck or not Could you assist me in fixing it? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-high-usage/5e1954fe-1478-4342-87c8-f9d99418c5bc
  5. CPU usage is high

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage is high: My CPU usage is 50% and sometimes higher and the only thing I have opened is Google Chrome. Presentational font cache exe is using most of it and Chrome is using 10-15%. Memory usage is 60% and Chrome is using most of that. 960 mb What can I do to fix this?...
  6. high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    high cpu usage: hi,I am Krishna, my laptop having some problems with wifi. suddenly wifi is disconnecting and the adaptor is not showing wifi settings after doing a hardware scan or internet troubleshooter it is again showing the wifi settings and connecting to wifi, whenever this happens...
  7. High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU Usage: I just did a factory reset of my windows 10 because of low storage and an issue I have had before and after the reset is high CPU usage. I don't have any external anti virus. And when I get the high usage I just have to open task manager and its fine. its not even when I play...
  8. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: I have constant ongoing high CPU usage . One of the causes is a non Windows app I'm trying to rectify. The other 3 are all Windows based; WMI provider host, Antimalware Service and Services and Controller App....
  9. blue screen errors and high cpu usage

blue screen errors and high cpu usage: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name DESKTOP-P6CE0KA System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP EliteBook 6930p System Type x64-based PC System SKU...
  10. High cpu usage

High cpu usage: Hi guys, I have a weird problem and I can't fix it. After changing some settings in Comand Promt my computer started behaving weird. My cpu usage is high and very unstable, for no reason. In the task manager there is nothing that should cause high cpu usage, there are no...