Windows 10: Blue screen error “Critical Component Died”

Discus and support Blue screen error “Critical Component Died” in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Asus laptop kept freezing after about 30 seconds; this appears to be following a windows update on 28/12. i have tried restoring back to a known... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SimonWright7, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Blue screen error “Critical Component Died”

My Asus laptop kept freezing after about 30 seconds; this appears to be following a windows update on 28/12.

i have tried restoring back to a known working point and that did briefly work for 2 minutes but then the same issue started. I tried rebooting the laptop but then got the blue screen error “critical process died”. I have tried repairing it in safe mode and also via a USB drive but to no avail, with the normal response of Startup Repair couldn’t repair your pc.

I have also tried doing a new installation but this fails too as the partition is GPT so it fails to start the installation.

Any help very much appreciated.

thanks

Simon

:)

SimonWright7, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Blue screen error

Hi,

The error Critical Process Died usually happened when critical component of Windows detects that data has been modified.

We suggest that you follow the steps on how to Troubleshoot blue screen errors. If the issue still remains,
    please run System File Checker (SFC) and DISM.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Blue Screen: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

Hello!

On Feb 11, 2018 suddenly, I got a blue screen stating that my PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. I was directed to visit "windows.com/stopcode", reporting: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED.

I have not installed any applications nor connected any hardware. It might have happened after an auto update of Intel Driver ( I am not sure : but this was the last auto update )!

I do not get the Blue Screen when I am offline. I have gone through all the following steps:

• Checked for updates
    • Updated drivers
    • Scanned device performance and health
    • Ran Windows Defender Offline
    • Turned fast startup on or off
    All of these steps were conducted successfully and had no problems of any sort reported.

I did not have any new software for removal. Neither I had any external hardware to remove.

I even deleted all the files in Windows/SoftwareDistribution.

Still was getting the following (only when I am connected to the Internet)

Blue screen error “Critical Component Died” fb588335-736a-49e0-9fa2-7dd51b5b10ff?upload=true.jpg

Eventually, I decided to STOP
    all auto updates. I did that through "Services.msn" through "windows update" and also from the Control Panel, through "Systems" (Advanced System Settings). Since then, I can work peacefully online.

Any additional suggestions to stop this screen from popping up???

Regards

RouchdyZahran, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Blue screen error “Critical Component Died”

Blue Screen---CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

Hi Brenda,

Blue screen errors usually occur due to hardware or software issues. For us to provide an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which version, build and edition of Windows is installed on your device?
    • What is the exact error code or error message that you've encountered?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?

In the meantime, you can use this link as a reference on how to perform basic troubleshooting
    for blue screen errors.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Blue screen error “Critical Component Died”

1. Blue screen error “Critical Component Died” - Similar Threads - Blue screen error

2. Blue screen, Windows “Critical Process Died” Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen, Windows “Critical Process Died” Error: Windows won't start up, just goes into a repair loopTried running the "SFC /scannow" commandReceive a "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation"So I tried running the "sc config trustedinstaller start= auto" command to solve thisGet a " 'sc' is...
  3. Blue screen, Windows “Critical Process Died” Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen, Windows “Critical Process Died” Error: Windows won't start up, just goes into a repair loopTried running the "SFC /scannow" commandReceive a "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation"So I tried running the "sc config trustedinstaller start= auto" command to solve thisGet a " 'sc' is...
  4. Blue Screen Error: Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Error: Critical Process Died: Error : Critical Process Died https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-error-critical-process-died/b471ff34-26d3-48e2-8f60-d1d3356438f2
  5. Blue Screen Error: Critical Process Died

Blue Screen Error: Critical Process Died: Error : Critical Process Died https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-error-critical-process-died/b471ff34-26d3-48e2-8f60-d1d3356438f2
  6. Blue Screen - Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen - Critical Process Died: Have a Win10 machine that was only used for golf simulator - was using SkyTrak application and during use, the PC rebooted. Since the initial reboot I've been stuck in a bluescreen reboot cycle with error 'critical_processes_died'. I've tried to troubleshoot via WinRE cmd or...
  7. Blue Screen - Critical Process Died

Blue Screen - Critical Process Died: Have a Win10 machine that was only used for golf simulator - was using SkyTrak application and during use, the PC rebooted. Since the initial reboot I've been stuck in a bluescreen reboot cycle with error 'critical_processes_died'. I've tried to troubleshoot via WinRE cmd or...
  8. Blue Screen - Critical Process Died

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  9. Blue screen error code Critical process died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen error code Critical process died: [IMG]Hi, i need help on this. once i turn on my pc, it show this error. pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-error-code-critical-process-died/1553a3cd-6081-407b-95c4-62a416a514e9
  10. Blue Screen Error - Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Error - Critical Process Died: Hello Microsft my pc hangs and freezes after some time of restart and gets a blue screen error named critical process died. i have the minidump files { http://www.filedropper.com/070119-28921-01 , http://www.filedropper.com/070219-32031-01} can you tell the reson of this...