Windows 10: Blue screen error: Critical_Service_Failed after Windows update

Discus and support Blue screen error: Critical_Service_Failed after Windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; User tried to install latest version of PhotoShop but was told by support to run Windows/System updates & did. After 2 1/2 to 3 hours of updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Martyt512, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Martyt512 Win User

Blue screen error: Critical_Service_Failed after Windows update

User tried to install latest version of PhotoShop but was told by support to run Windows/System updates & did. After 2 1/2 to 3 hours of updates (machine had not been used for a number of months) system will no longer boot up. Any idea what I can do to help him? Recovery doesn't work either. Trying to boot comes up with CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED. Goes thru preparing for restart, diagnosing your PC step, then says Windows couldn't load correctly. I select restore and the "TOSHIBA Leading Innovation >>>" displays & nothing happens. Then selected Cancel the next try gives me message Log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt so I selected Advanced options. Do not have Windows recovery device. User says PC came with Windows on it & he does not have any media to reinstall from. Looking at log file."Unknown Bugcheck: Bugcheck 5a. Parameters = 0x1, 0xffffe0009dbd8440, 0xffffc000e951fc80, 0xffffffffc0000428. Repair action:System Restore Result: Cancelled" All other tests ended with error code 0x0 & time taken ranging from 0 to 2859 for registry hives test.

Any idea what direction I might need to head in? Thanks, Marty

***Modified title from: toshiba satellite S55t-C5222 will not boot up after windows 10 updates***

:)

Martyt512, Jan 26, 2019

2. CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED Blue Screen error, can't boot into Windows 10

Hi Wungraileng, thanks for coming back to me.

I took a look at the steps suggested by Babu V. The first link to the "Troubleshoot blue screen errors" page doesn't seem to be relevant as it asks "When did you get the blue screen error?" and the only three options are:

While upgrading to Windows 10

After an update was installed

While using my PC

However, I am getting the error after trying to resize the system partition on my hard drive.

The post by Babu V also mentions booting in Safe Mode. However I am unable to boot into Safe Mode - if I select this option on the Startup Settings screen I get the same CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED blue screen error.

Blue screen error: Critical_Service_Failed after Windows update [​IMG]

The blue screen error mentions that it's collecting some error info - where is this error info stored?

Tom Hunter, Jan 26, 2019
  3. CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED Blue Screen error, can't boot into Windows 10

Hi Tom,

I can understand that must make you feel upset and we will work towards fixing this situation for you.

This could be due to hardware failure, outdated or corrupted drivers or faulty RAM.

Thank you for mentioning the different step you have tried to resolve the issue, we appreciate your effort.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Babu V in the link below and check if it helps.

How to troubleshoot blue screen errors in Windows 10

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Blue screen error: Critical_Service_Failed after Windows update

Error. Blue Screen

Hi,

In addition to the above mentioned solutions by Community members, I would like to add the following:

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Blue screen error: Critical_Service_Failed after Windows update

1. Blue screen error: Critical_Service_Failed after Windows update - Similar Threads - Blue screen error

2. Blue screen error after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen error after an update: After updating my System showing thread not allowed. I do multiple steps that suggest. But, none of them are worked. The system on and then restarts it continues . How should I resolve it* Changed to a question...
  3. Blue Screen Error Critical_Service_Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Error Critical_Service_Failed: My lenovo legion y520 laptop has been in a loop of blue screen error CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED . i have tried every solution, for example startup repair, going in to safe mode even reseting and everything failed. The only thing i didn't use is a flashdrive with windows os, but...
  4. Blue Screen Error after windows update.

Blue Screen Error after windows update.: Hi My laptop has recently updated but since the update it will no longer turn on. It comes up with a circle of dots with preparing automatic repair then goes to a blue screen with an error driver pnp watchdog then goes back in a loop but then displays another blue screen...
  5. Blue Screen error after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen error after windows update: Hi All, Some updates are causing blue screen error. I also tried to reinstall the Windows 10 and as soon as the internet is connected, some windows updates start and then I could see the blue screen. I am sending both the screenshots... Please note until the internet is...
  6. when i restart an error with blue screen appears. error code is CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    when i restart an error with blue screen appears. error code is CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED: hi team,i have a hp laptop with windows 10 . when i restart an error with blue screen appears. error code is CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED, But i shut down and start not this problem. this thing repeating many times. how can i solve this without loose my files and software...
  7. Blue screen error: 0xc0000225, error message: "CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED" booting windows 10...

Blue screen error: 0xc0000225, error message: "CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED" booting windows 10...: Hi. I have an HP Pavilion G6 that I bought new with Windows 8.1 installed. When the windows 10 upgrade option was available, I waited for a few weeks before upgrading just in case there were any issues with hardware or whatever. I ran the compatibility test and no problems...
  8. CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED problem.

CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED problem.: I have a desktop computer running Win 10. The latest updates have ended up with a CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED problem and I can't reboot. I haven't got a boot disk as Win 10 was downloaded...
  9. Critical_Service_Failed message in windows 10

Critical_Service_Failed message in windows 10: Dear Sir/Madam, I have faced with a problem of Critical_Service_Failed in windows 10, Optiplex 7440 AIO Series, can you please help me out...
  10. Windows 10 CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED

Windows 10 CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED: Alright, so for the past few weeks, I've been having this problem on Windows 10 where I would Blue Screen, and the only Error Code is CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED. It's been going on for some time, and I'm kind of tired of it. So, I went through the trouble shooting process and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. critical service failed windows update cache