Windows 10: Blue screen error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on Acer Laptop

Discus and support Blue screen error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on Acer Laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I purchased an Acer Predator Laptop at the beginning of this year. Recently it has been giving me the blue screen error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JurgenVDM, Oct 3, 2019.

1. JurgenVDM Win User

Blue screen error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on Acer Laptop

Hi,

I purchased an Acer Predator Laptop at the beginning of this year. Recently it has been giving me the blue screen error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. The laptop then reboots but before windows is loaded, the screen displays "No bootable device" and hangs. The only way around this is to hold the power button down and force restart it.

According to event viewer, critical problems are 1. "Event ID 10116: DriverFrameworks-UserMode" and 2. "Event ID 41: Kernel-Power" (but I think that's because I hold down the power button).

I have reset the laptop, formatted it as well as do a clean install from a media device and the problem persists.

From what I can gather, it's most likely a hardware issue but I have no idea where or how to check?

Thank you in advance!

:)

JurgenVDM, Oct 3, 2019

2. Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

After a recent updating, my machine has blue screen every 5 - 10 minutes.

The error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I saw another post here which suggest to use "iastor.sys". But I don't have that in the driver list. Mine is storahci.sys.

Please advise! Thanks,

hairinwind, Oct 3, 2019
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Mattie,

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen error can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues. Now, you mentioned that you already changed the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to standard. Did you update the driver as well? And also,
    are you getting the same blue screen error when you play other games? Or is it only occurring when you play a particular game?

For the mean time, if you haven't tried any further troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you perform the suggested steps from this article:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Blue screen error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on Acer Laptop

Error. Blue Screen

Hi,

In addition to the above mentioned solutions by Community members, I would like to add the following:

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Blue screen error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on Acer Laptop

1. Blue screen error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on Acer Laptop - Similar Threads - Blue screen error

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen: Hi,I get this error about 45 to 60 minutes after I start my PC. Its quite a new PC but recently its got worse.When it crashes, I have about 15 seconds when I can still move the mouse but nothing responds. Or if music is playing it turnes very odd until the Blue Screen.I'm...
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen Error: A few months ago, after connecting my laptop to a usb hub that had an external power supply, the laptop turned off once, I quickly disconnected the hub from the laptop. After a few seconds, the power supply of the hub sparked and the house's power fuse was blown. After...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen Error: A few months ago, after connecting my laptop to a usb hub that had an external power supply, the laptop turned off once, I quickly disconnected the hub from the laptop. After a few seconds, the power supply of the hub sparked and the house's power fuse was blown. After...
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen: I am facing DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen error again and again. The issue is with Wifi Adapter i think. My laptop has Wifi adapter Mediatek MT7921. The Blue Screen error occurs 5-6 times a day randomly at any time....
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen: I am facing DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen error again and again. The issue is with Wifi Adapter i think. My laptop has Wifi adapter Mediatek MT7921. The Blue Screen error occurs 5-6 times a day randomly at any time....
  7. Blue Screen "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION"

Blue Screen "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION": Every time I play a game, it will randomly crash my system reporting "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION".I have tried everything I can to resolve the issue: reinstall drivers, update BIOS and even reinstalling Windows. I cannot fix this and because of this I cannot use my system.Any...
  8. Blue Screen DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Blue Screen DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello, been getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION since yesterday. Tried uninstalling recent updates but they failed. Have currently opened in Safe Mode and need to know how to resolve. Using Windows 10 since laptop was purchased in 2019...
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue screen error

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue screen error: I was watching youtube and only had 3 tabs open when out of nowhere my screen froze and my audio started stuttering. After 20 seconds a blue screen error popped up with the error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION or something like that. This has happened many times before and I'm...
  10. Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: After a recent updating, my machine has blue screen every 5 - 10 minutes. The error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION I saw another post here which suggest to use "iastor.sys". But I don't have that in the driver list. Mine is storahci.sys. Please advise! Thanks,...