Windows 10: Blue Screen error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discus and support Blue Screen error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,I've gotten a recurring error several times while using my PC, where the system will "blue-screen" and start sending information to Microsoft.Stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by A.J.Sauter, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Blue Screen error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi,I've gotten a recurring error several times while using my PC, where the system will "blue-screen" and start sending information to Microsoft.Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALWhat failed: nvlddmkm.sysI've checked for System Updates, and run several troubleshooting suggestions online, including suggestions posted to this community. The problem has progressed through the last few System Updates, and has been happening intermittently for months.Also, every time I reach the "blue-screen," the error info collection screen will slowly reach 100% but will not restart. Instead, the computer

:)

A.J.Sauter, Oct 19, 2021

2. Blue Screen Error 'Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (smb_driver.sys)'

Hi Tara,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are getting Blue screen error on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (smb_driver.sys) blue screen error can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues.

In order to assist you better, please reply to the following questions.

1. Are you able to boot to desktop?

2. Did you make any hardware or software changes prior to this issue?

3. Have you installed all Windows Updates?

I suggest you to go through the below article and follow the steps given.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Please post back with requested information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Oct 19, 2021
  3. Blue screen error in windows 10, "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL".

Hi Irwinraj,

The DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

• Are you able to boot your Computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    If you are able to boot your Computer, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

Method 1:

Step 1: Remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, hard reboot the device and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the system to Safe mode wherein the computer starts with basic drivers and no third party programs. Check if you are still receiving the error message.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Method 2:

Step 1: If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode then perform a
    Clean Boot to
    check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” to return the computer to a
    Normal startup mode.

Step 2: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.
    For more information about Blue screen errors refer to the Microsoft article:

Please get back to us with an update on blue screen issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Blue Screen error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Windows 10 Blue screen on boot - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi Elaf,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

Are you able to boot to desktop screen?

If not, as of now I would suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if you can return back to your desktop screen. To do so follow the steps below:

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.
    I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    provided in the link below

Also suggest you to refer the link below and check if that helps:

Bug Check
    0xD1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Windows 10

Hope the information helps. Please get back to us with a reply so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Blue Screen error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

1. Blue Screen error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Similar Threads - Blue Screen error

2. Blue Screen - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Blue Screen - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hey everyone,I've been having this error for about a week now. I tried updating my drivers and my windows is still crashing randomly I think. Can someone please help me understand why this is happening?I ran WhoCrashed and that was the results: System Information local...
  3. Blue Screen - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hey everyone,I've been having this error for about a week now. I tried updating my drivers and my windows is still crashing randomly I think. Can someone please help me understand why this is happening?I ran WhoCrashed and that was the results: System Information local...
  4. Blue Screen - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blue Screen error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi,I've gotten a recurring error several times while using my PC, where the system will "blue-screen" and start sending information to Microsoft.Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALWhat failed: nvlddmkm.sysI've checked for System Updates, and run several troubleshooting...
  6. Blue Screen error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi,I've gotten a recurring error several times while using my PC, where the system will "blue-screen" and start sending information to Microsoft.Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALWhat failed: nvlddmkm.sysI've checked for System Updates, and run several troubleshooting...
  7. Repeating blue screen error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeating blue screen error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi,it's very annoying, blue screen 2x per day. Overview ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Machine LENOVO - IdeaCentre G5 14AMR05 Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit Memory 16 GB Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor...
  8. Blue Screen error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue Screen error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Whenever I connect my android device with my laptop and start USB tethering, after some time my pc shows a blue screen error and show Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL What failed: RNDISMP6.SYS look at my dump files:...
  9. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal - Blue screen error

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal - Blue screen error: I'm facing a problem ' Blue screen' with following error please help me out driver_irql_not_less_or_equal what failed tcpip.sys dmp files and system info are attached to analyze the error dmp files system info requesing a quick reply Regards, Fiaz...
  10. Blue Screen Driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal

Blue Screen Driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal: Over the past few days I have been getting a blue screen whilst playing on a Minecraft server and on Teamspeak 3. It's odd because it only happens when playing on Minecraft, and I get the error DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and "What Failed: athwnx.sys" I'm led to believe...