Windows 10: Blue screen error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Discus and support Blue screen error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, recently I've been unable to restart Windows. I get the spinning wheel that never ends. I end up having to shut off the computer using the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PAMG69, Nov 22, 2019.

1. PAMG69 Win User

Blue screen error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Hi, recently I've been unable to restart Windows. I get the spinning wheel that never ends. I end up having to shut off the computer using the power switch and turning it back on in order to get back into Windows.

If I wait a while, sometimes I get a BSOD with the following error message: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

I assume this has something to do with a driver that is causing trouble, but I don't recall updating any drivers recently....until AFTER I started getting this message.

I have my most recent DMP file (not a mini-dump, but a full dump). Would looking at the DMP file tell you what Driver caused this error?

Thanks.

***Modified title from: Windows 10 restart failures***

:)

PAMG69, Nov 22, 2019

2. getting blue screen error/Stop Code

Hi Abhijit,

Stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE is probably due to a compatibility issue with the driver, as most blue screen errors are. Since you encountered this error after updating Windows, most probably, you would need to update the drivers
    as well.

We suggest that you go through the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors.
    On step 1, select After an update was installed.

Kindly update us on the results.

Patricia Yu, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Error. Blue Screen

Hi,

In addition to the above mentioned solutions by Community members, I would like to add the following:

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Blue screen error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - Similar Threads - Blue screen error

2. Blue Screen Crash with Error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Crash with Error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: I started receiving a Blue Screen crash with the error code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.Minidump:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ApfrrgARnuefnlOv-HzsgfPrE3irJxAQ/view?usp=sharing...
  3. Blue Screen Crash with Error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen Crash with Error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: I started receiving a Blue Screen crash with the error code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.Minidump:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ApfrrgARnuefnlOv-HzsgfPrE3irJxAQ/view?usp=sharing...
  4. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Blue screen: HelloUnfortunately, today I encountered a blue death error in Windows 11 and this error was displayed as DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. The exact same error happened last month on the same day and this is strange.blue screen view software is shown that the cause of today's and...
  5. Blue Screen: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: I restart my computer and as I restart it I got a blue screen with the stop code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and I just installed the newest version of Nvidia for my GPUIt is a persistent blue screen. It won’t go away and I don’t want to force shut down in case I break...
  6. Blue screen with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Today I was just using google chrome and it just went in blue screen. It says DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I don't know what is causing this problem, it's been happening for 3 times. I have windows 10 home Version 20h2 os build 19042.1165 and I am using a laptop I don't know...
  7. Blue Screen - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9F

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9F: Situation occurs randomly during VR Gameplay using Valve Index. PC is using the CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Motherboard is GIGABYTE B550 VISION D, GPU is is GIGABYTE 3090. New PC. ********************************************************************************...
  8. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE blue screen

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE blue screen: Hey everyone, I've been having blue screens with the following error on my brand new laptop for the past week or so. It's been happening seemingly at random, I can't figure out exactly what's causing it. It also references ntoskernel.exe. Attached are the last 2 dump files...
  9. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Blue Screen: Hi, I have been having BSOD's with the error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE it usually happens during gaming or alt+tabbing. I get it quite often. My PC freezes for some time or just gives me BSOD. I don't know much about this subject so I can you guys help out? Thanks in...
  10. Blue Screen of Death; DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Blue Screen of Death; DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: BSOD occurs everytime I open Adobe Photoshop. It happens everytime I open a file. It freezes my entire laptop and shows the BSOD with the Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but it still happens. Please advise. I have my...