Windows 10: Blue Screen error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

Discus and support Blue Screen error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,I have the above issue on my laptop.I cannot restart the laptop but I did access some options.On this screen I was offered access to command prompt,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by julieanne odonovan, May 30, 2023.

1. Blue Screen error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

Hi,I have the above issue on my laptop.I cannot restart the laptop but I did access some options.On this screen I was offered access to command prompt, roll back of updates amongst others.However, to do this its asks me to log in.When I do this it states the password is incorrect.I know it is correct because I can log in here to the Microsoft website using my uBlue Screen error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION :p credentials.Why is the system not accepting my credential so I can further troubleshoot?Thanks!J

:)

julieanne odonovan, May 30, 2023
  2. Edwin94 Win User

Blue Screen (Machine_Check_Exception) issues

Hi, I have a issue with my Windows 10, I was playing online games, and suddenly my pc crash with blue screen and it says machine_check_exception.

Any solutions to prevent blue screen MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION to occur again?

Edwin94, May 30, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Blue Screen error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are receive a Blue Screen error with MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you and found that the issue is caused by the files Intelppm.sys and GenuineIntel.sys. The Intelppm.sys file is a driver file for Intel Power Management and the GenuineIntel.sys is a Processor driver file.

We can try a couple of troubleshooting steps and see if that helps. Before proceeding with the steps, I suggest you to
    Create a system restore point.

I would suggest you to try running the
    Intel Drive & Support Assistant
    , and if you find any update for Intel Power Management, please install it and check.

If the issue persists, you may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Note: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can
    restore the registry if a problem occurs. To backup and restore registry key, refer to
    this link.

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type regedit and click on
      OK
    3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\intelppm
    4. On the right pane, double click on the Start DWORD.
    5. Modify the value data to ‘4’ and click on
      OK.
    6. Restart the computer.

For reference, you may want to see:
    Problems with Intelppm.sys and processr.sys under Virtual PC / Virtual Server

Also, if you have overclocked the processor, I would suggest you to reset it to the base clock and check if the issue persists. Make sure that all the cooling systems such as fans are functional.

If you are using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and if you have made some changes to the computer using the application, I would suggest you to revert those changes to default and check. You can also try uninstalling the application
    and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 30, 2023
  4. Blue Screen error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

Error. Blue Screen

Hi,

In addition to the above mentioned solutions by Community members, I would like to add the following:

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Resolving Blue Screen errors in Windows - Microsoft Support

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 30, 2023
Thema:

Blue Screen error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

1. Blue Screen error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION - Similar Threads - Blue Screen error

2. Blue Screen error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION: Hi,I have the above issue on my laptop.I cannot restart the laptop but I did access some options.On this screen I was offered access to command prompt, roll back of updates amongst others.However, to do this its asks me to log in.When I do this it states the password is...
  3. Blue Screen error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION: Hi,I have the above issue on my laptop.I cannot restart the laptop but I did access some options.On this screen I was offered access to command prompt, roll back of updates amongst others.However, to do this its asks me to log in.When I do this it states the password is...
  4. Blue Screen error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 2021

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 2021: Hello Everyone,I built my PC in 2019 and this is the first time since then that I have had this type of error. I am attaching the file of the blueScreenError program to see if you can help me please. These are the specifications of my pc:CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-9700 CPU @...
  5. Blue Screen error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 2021

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 2021: Hello Everyone,I built my PC in 2019 and this is the first time since then that I have had this type of error. I am attaching the file of the blueScreenError program to see if you can help me please. These are the specifications of my pc:CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-9700 CPU @...
  6. Blue Screen error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 2021

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Blue Screen error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

Blue Screen error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION: Hi its my second problem with this issue last was in February 2020 and was solved Previous Issue Now Again form past month I have Blue screens appearing randomly at least once a day . I Had Stress tested CPU in Prime95 to detect any problem and all tests passed same Ram...
  8. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION Error.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION Error.: Everytime I try to boot my PC, the loading crashes and gives me a BSOD. It has a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION Error. It then restarts and loops crashing and restarting. Anyone know any fixes?...
  9. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION hall.dll blue screen

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION hall.dll blue screen: Greetings! Can any of you guys could tell me what caused this BSOD, using the minidump information, please? I was watching a youtube video and a twitch stream on firefox at the same time, with another tab opened on reddit, and that was about it. I've had errors like this...
  10. Blue Screen error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

Blue Screen error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION: I Build my new PC in 12.2019 and since that i got BSOD not related to anything . please if you can check my mini dump files : Mini Dump filesmaybe there are some fixes I tried stress test my components and all passes and BSOD appear randomly when playing games or just...