Windows 10: Blue screen error not going away

Discus and support Blue screen error not going away in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying fix a blue screen error with the stop code: "UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP" The "progress" in the blue screen has been "0% complete"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by carebear91, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Blue screen error not going away

Hi,

I'm trying fix a blue screen error with the stop code: "UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP"

The "progress" in the blue screen has been "0% complete" for nearly two hours now. Blue screen error not going away :(

What are the next steps here? Is it safe to just power off and re-assess?

Thanks in advance,

CB

:)

carebear91, Jun 7, 2019
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Blue Error screen not going away

Hello,

For us to provide an accurate resolution for the issue that you are experiencing, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Did you receive a stop code when you experienced the blue screen error?
    • Were there any changes on your computer like updates or software installed on your computer before this happened?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you visit this
    article
    . From there, you'll see troubleshooting steps to resolve BSOD issues.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Paolo Mag, Jun 7, 2019
  3. November updates blue screen Error

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• Are you using any third party software for chatting?

• Which anti-virus program are you using?
    For now, I suggest you to go to the below link and try the steps.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with the status, we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Blue screen error not going away

Error. Blue Screen

Hi,

In addition to the above mentioned solutions by Community members, I would like to add the following:

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Blue screen error not going away

1. Blue screen error not going away - Similar Threads - Blue screen error

2. How do I get the blue error screen to go away?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the blue error screen to go away?: The stop code says “UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION”. The error screen has been at 0% complete for 20 minutes. No matter what button I press, nothing seems to do anything....
  3. How do I get the blue error screen to go away?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the blue error screen to go away?: The stop code says “UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION”. The error screen has been at 0% complete for 20 minutes. No matter what button I press, nothing seems to do anything....
  4. Icon on screen wont go away

Icon on screen wont go away: This icon stays on the screen even if apps are fullscreen, the icon is only there after logging into windows, and you cant take a screenshot of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-on-screen-wont-go-away/e40700b5-7195-4436-b29c-52d5cdaf14e8
  5. Icon on screen wont go away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon on screen wont go away: This icon stays on the screen even if apps are fullscreen, the icon is only there after logging into windows, and you cant take a screenshot of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-on-screen-wont-go-away/e40700b5-7195-4436-b29c-52d5cdaf14e8
  6. Blue Screen will not go away, recovery fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen will not go away, recovery fails: My sisters computer Blue Screened while nobody was using it, we turned it on and it will not stop sending us in a recovery loop. We took it to BestBuy and Asked Geek Squad and followed their instructions of replacing the Hard Drive with an SSD and using the Microsoft tool to...
  7. Blue Screen will not go away, recovery fails

Blue Screen will not go away, recovery fails: My sisters computer Blue Screened while nobody was using it, we turned it on and it will not stop sending us in a recovery loop. We took it to BestBuy and Asked Geek Squad and followed their instructions of replacing the Hard Drive with an SSD and using the Microsoft tool to...
  8. Blue Screen will not go away, recovery fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. On installed Windows 11, the Blue Screen of Death will not go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On installed Windows 11, the Blue Screen of Death will not go away: I am not tech-savvy but I manage to follow directions after decades of using computers; therefore, I installed a couple of months ago, fast and effortlessly, Windows 11 in my "approved" 2019 laptop. Everything was working fine until I got the first ever blue screen which also...
  10. On installed Windows 11, the Blue Screen of Death will not go away

On installed Windows 11, the Blue Screen of Death will not go away: I am not tech-savvy but I manage to follow directions after decades of using computers; therefore, I installed a couple of months ago, fast and effortlessly, Windows 11 in my "approved" 2019 laptop. Everything was working fine until I got the first ever blue screen which also...