Windows 10: Blue Screen Error "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER"

Discus and support Blue Screen Error "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About 10 days ago I bought new sticks of ram to replace the one that came with my PC. Ever since installing the ram, I have gotten a blue screen error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SadidEthun, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Blue Screen Error "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER"

About 10 days ago I bought new sticks of ram to replace the one that came with my PC. Ever since installing the ram, I have gotten a blue screen error with stop code "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" multiple times. This happens at random times, whether I'm on the internet or playing a game. Why is this error happening and what can I do to solve it?

My PC: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05389962

The ram: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0123ZCD36/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Blue Screen Error "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" [​IMG]

:)

SadidEthun, Aug 11, 2020

2. Error. Blue Screen

Hi,

In addition to the above mentioned solutions by Community members, I would like to add the following:

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Blue Screen Error "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER"

Blue screen error - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Hi,

Blue screen errors usually occur due to system file corruption and outdated drivers. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before you encountered these errors?

In the meantime, we suggest performing the steps available in this link. It serves as a guide on how
    to troubleshoot blue screen errors in Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Blue Screen Error "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER"

1. Blue Screen Error "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Error

2. Blue screen - need I do anything? REFERENCE_BY_POINTER ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen - need I do anything? REFERENCE_BY_POINTER ntoskrnl.exe: 5600x, b550m pro vdh wifi, 3060, 3600mhz, windows 10. crashed during CS:GO. came back online saying CPU overheated on screen.I did the CMD check for corrupt files thing and it found and repaired some.I downloaded HWMonitor and I see 85*C in CCD#0 in games. So I have bought a...
  3. Blue Screen with REFERENCE_BY_POINTERS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen with REFERENCE_BY_POINTERS: Hi MS Team,I just bought a new laptop yesterday and it got blue screen yesterday itself and multiple times today with "REFERENCE_BY_POINTERS".This is really disappointing. Please let me know how to fix this error, else I need to return the laptop asap.Device...
  4. Blue Screen with REFERENCE_BY_POINTERS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen with REFERENCE_BY_POINTERS: Hi MS Team,I just bought a new laptop yesterday and it got blue screen yesterday itself and multiple times today with "REFERENCE_BY_POINTERS".This is really disappointing. Please let me know how to fix this error, else I need to return the laptop asap.Device...
  5. Blue screen with reference_by_pointer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen with reference_by_pointer: Hi MS Team,This is really disappointment that I bought a new laptop yesterday with 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD, NVIDIA MX550 GPU and yesterday only the laptop got rebooted with blue screen with error code reference_by_pointer. This happened twice and I have to report you before I...
  6. Blue screen with reference_by_pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen with reference_by_pointer: Hi MS Team,This is really disappointment that I bought a new laptop yesterday with 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD, NVIDIA MX550 GPU and yesterday only the laptop got rebooted with blue screen with error code reference_by_pointer. This happened twice and I have to report you before I...
  7. Stopcode error - reference_by_pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stopcode error - reference_by_pointer: Hi, I am constantly having the blue screen pop up with "reference_by_pointer" shown as the error. I've taken a dump of files today https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiYXtKl1ldyTrF5aRN1xpeOXyYn7?e=jdcS8J Can anyone please advise the issue and solution based on info in these files? Thanks!...
  8. error Reference_by_pointer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error Reference_by_pointer: Dear All,I've been having a problem for several months where my Windows 10 Home 64 bit PC reboots for no apparent reason. It almost always happens about 30-40 minutes for several days, I cannot work the computer.I tried to update the Windows and drivers, but the problem...
  9. REFERENCE_BY_POINTER error on login prevents login

REFERENCE_BY_POINTER error on login prevents login: Hi, I have had this problem for just under a week. I have an HP Spectre x360 (---). When I press the power button the laptop boots to the login screen. When I try to login I get a blue screen saying "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're collecting some...
  10. When booting, get Reference_by_Pointer blue screen

When booting, get Reference_by_Pointer blue screen: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro 64bit, RAM 8 GB in a new desktop by Dell. After 3 weeks I am getting a Reference_by_Pointer blue screen when booting. So I can't load the Windows. How this issue could be fixed ?? The Dell's in-built Check & Fix for Windows 10 doesn't find...