Windows 10: blue screen error, Unmountable Boot Volume

Discus and support blue screen error, Unmountable Boot Volume in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a blue screen error, Unmountable Boot Volume, and trouble shooting hasn't work. Turning laptop on and off a couple of times gets me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bill046, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Bill046 Win User

blue screen error, Unmountable Boot Volume

I have a blue screen error, Unmountable Boot Volume, and trouble shooting hasn't work. Turning laptop on and off a couple of times gets me to "automatic fix" is being prepared, but then the screen goes gray with only cursor showing. Ideas?

:)

Bill046, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Noela Tum Win User

UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME error

Hi Andre,

The challenge that you're experiencing when you got the error, UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME,
    is due to a damaged file system that failed to mount. It also means that sub-system in the machine failed to mount the boot volume. To isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did you first encounter the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you upgrade the device to Windows 10?

You can also follow the steps that was shared by Michelle Her and
    Billion Debbarma on these threads to troubleshoot the issue:

Hope this helps and let us know if it works.

Noela Tum, Jul 10, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unmountable Boot Volume

Unmountable boot volume usually means a bad hard drive. Booting the XP CD and running chkdsk will sometime bring the computer back to life for a while, but eventually the drive will die.

newtekie1, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

How to fix error unmountable boot volume

Hi James,

It is possible that you received the error UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME due to a damaged file system which failed to mount. This error also means that sub-system on machine failed to mount the boot volume. To efficiently assist you, we'd like
    to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact error message you received?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you you follow the steps shared by Michelle Her and
    Billion Debbarma on this threads below to troubleshoot your concern:

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

1. blue screen error, Unmountable Boot Volume - Similar Threads - blue screen error

2. Unmountable boot volume - Blue screen error Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume - Blue screen error Windows 11: Hi,When I recently tried to restart my computer, it restarted, but the lockscreen froze. I turned it off, then powered it back on again, and I received a message saying 'Your PC ran into a problem' with the stopcode: Unmountable boot volume. I searched in net then it...
  3. Unmountable boot volume - Blue screen error Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unmountable boot volume - Blue screen error Windows 11: Hi,When I recently tried to restart my computer, it restarted, but the lockscreen froze. I turned it off, then powered it back on again, and I received a message saying 'Your PC ran into a problem' with the stopcode: Unmountable boot volume. I searched in net then it...
  4. blue screen with the stop code unmountable boot volume

blue screen with the stop code unmountable boot volume: Hi! i own a hp elite book 4g/6g . recently it has been facing some problems with its battery it turns off without any warning. The laptop had a problem before it used to blue screen so fast i could not see it but after a few months when i restarted it i saw it, and them the...
  5. Blue Screen "UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen "UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME": I'm stuck on this windows "winpeshl.exe" but when I close it restarts the blue screen after that it does it again with that windows. I can't type anything in it.Advance repair options don't work because as I try to open it, there is a black screen and my cursor is visible...
  6. Blue Screen "UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME"

Blue Screen "UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME": I'm stuck on this windows "winpeshl.exe" but when I close it restarts the blue screen after that it does it again with that windows. I can't type anything in it.Advance repair options don't work because as I try to open it, there is a black screen and my cursor is visible...
  7. Unmountable boot volume - Blue screen error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unmountable boot volume - Blue screen error: Hi, When I recently tried to restart my computer, it restarted, but the lockscreen froze. I turned it off, then powered it back on again, and I received a message saying 'Your PC ran into a problem' with the stopcode: Unmountable boot volume. It then straight away heads to...
  8. BLUE SCREEN BSOD - Unmountable Boot Volume

BLUE SCREEN BSOD - Unmountable Boot Volume: PC SPECS: OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Education, 64 bit Processor: i5 7th Gen Total Physical RAM: 16 GB I'm using a Hailan All-in-one PC, just bought a few months ago. Problem: I used the PC perfectly okay the same day it went blue screen. After about 5 hours since...
  9. unmountable boot volume error

unmountable boot volume error: Windows 10 on startup displays brief message directing me to *?*/stopcode and error message "unmountable boot volume". Shortly after it displays "Automatic repair preparing" Then nothing....
  10. Blue Screen of Death | UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME

Blue Screen of Death | UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME: [ATTACH]Recently, I have been plagued with the Blue Screen of Death for different error codes every time. I think my (C:) Drive has been damaged. But, today, I started my computer. It was normal, but right before the login screen showed up, BOOM! The Blue Screen of Death. I...