Windows 10: Blue screen error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys) on my Sony Vaio SVE15128CNB

Discus and support Blue screen error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys) on my Sony Vaio SVE15128CNB in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Blue screen error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys) on my Sony Vaio SVE15128CNB My laptop freezes when I was watching a video. I tried hard to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnuragKr., Jul 9, 2019.

1. AnuragKr. Win User

Blue screen error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys) on my Sony Vaio SVE15128CNB

My laptop freezes when I was watching a video. I tried hard to get out of it but didn’t succeed. I even tried Ctrl+Alt+Delete but no response from the laptop. After few minutes, I turned off my laptop by pressing Power Button. When I started again, Black screen with some blue dots appears just after the Laptop brand logo appears. I get an error message saying "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart" and gives me the BSOD error which is VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys). Once it finishes collecting error information it restarts and ends up giving me the same blue error message screen and continues to restart itself over and over again. Laptop tries to restart itself several times automatically but didn’t succeed. After that manual troubleshoot option opens where I choose to open the Safe Mode.

I searched about the error over web to find out best way to troubleshoot the problem. Thereafter I followed the following steps in Safe Mode:

1. I uninstalled the AMD Display Driver from Device Manager.

2. I used DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in Safe Mode. This eliminates all traces of the AMD driver and software from my computer also deleted C: \ AMD folder from the Root Directory. After reboot, "Display Adapter" was on the MS Basic Display Adapter.
    3. Reinstalled the AMD DRIVER that I downloaded manually. But again same problem, Laptop tries to restart itself several times automatically but didn’t succeed.
    4. I checked the Windows update. But all the latest updates are already installed except the new feature update. I tried to install the feature update but didn’t succeed because laptop crashes when update starts installing.
    5. I tried to reset the Windows. After few minutes of reset, Windows aborted and undo the reset processes.

In Device Manager, a driver named “High Definition Audio Bus” also shows some error.

In “High Definition Audio Bus Properties”,

Device type: System devices,

Manufacturer: AMD,

Device Status: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Object Name not found.

I am using Sony Vaio SVE15128CNB model purchased in India. Currently, Windows 10 Home Single Language is installed in my Laptop. I got laptop with Windows 8 pre-installed and further I upgrade it to Windows 8.1 and again to the latest Windows 10. All these Upgrades were offered by the Microsoft itself for free through Windows update. Also I am not able to adjust the brightness level of my PC. It stucks on the maximum brightness level. I have not changed any hardware from the device ever.

Specification of my Laptop are as Follows:

RAM: 4GB (Pre-installed) + 4GB

Chipset: Intel HM76 Express Chipset

Processor Name: Intel Core i5-3210M Processor 2.50 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.10 GHz*1

Graphics: Dedicated Video Memory: 2 GB DDR3

Graphics Accelerator: AMD Radeon HD 7650M

Please help me to rectify/troubleshoot the problem as soon as possible.

:)

AnuragKr., Jul 9, 2019

2. BSOD/Black Screen While Gaming. Video_TDR_Failure atikmpag.sys

Here are the tests on all of my drives. One thing that I noticed is that my Adata drive got a little hot yesterday, up to 46C and when that happened the drive throttled speeds so I am going to increase fan speeds in the case to see if that might help the SSD.

Also about the AMD drivers, I have tried many different AMD drivers to fix this issue. I have tried about all of the drivers that have support for my RX 470 and none of them fixes the issue.

C:

Blue screen error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys) on my Sony Vaio SVE15128CNB [​IMG]

Blue screen error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys) on my Sony Vaio SVE15128CNB [​IMG]

E:

F:

ItsTheYoshi, Jul 9, 2019
  3. BSOD/Black Screen While Gaming. Video_TDR_Failure atikmpag.sys

Here are the first few tests done.

ItsTheYoshi, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Jan Del Win User

Blue Screen dxgmms2.sys PAGE_FAULT

Hi,

Dxgmms2.sys blue screen errors are related to corrupted or outdated device driver. We suggest checking this
    link for troubleshooting blue screen errors as an initial step to resolve this issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Blue screen error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys) on my Sony Vaio SVE15128CNB - Similar Threads - Blue screen error

2. video_tdr_failure igdkmdn64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video_tdr_failure igdkmdn64.sys: HP Notebook 15s -fr2005tuSKU 2N8P8PAi m having this BSOD issue whenever i play game at least once. i tried sfc /scannow but didnt work. rollback driver option is disabled so cant do that. system is fully updated, all drivers too. so please help me find a solution. and please...
  3. Blue screen error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE atikmpag.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE atikmpag.sys: I just updated my HP G62 Notebook PC from windows 7 to windows 10, when the download was at 100% the leptop rebooted itself and the blue screen with the error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE atikmpag.sys appeared, i tried going in safe mode it took like 20 min to boot in safe modei dont...
  4. Sony vaio sve14126caw

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sony vaio sve14126caw: I WANT TO FACTORY RESET MY SONY VAIO LAPTOP BUT I CAN ONLY ACCESS THE BIOS BECAUSE IF I START UP THE LAPTOP, IT WILL JUST BE STUCK AT THE VAIO LOGO. I WANT TO FACTORY RESET MY LAPTOP THROUGH BIOS. IS THIS POSSIBLE?...
  5. sony vaio , problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sony vaio , problem: I'm using a Sony Vaio VPCS12X9E. Just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The driver for video card is using Intel HD Graphics driver. Since installing, screen brightness lowered . I cannot change screen brightness . I don't want and I can't throw my sony away . I have...
  6. Help! Sony Vaio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Sony Vaio: Hello. I have a old Sony Vaio that came with a i3-350M, i bought a new CPU (i5-560M) and changed it. I started the computer, everything was ok. But i notice the fan was kicking way more times. When i downloaded the Intel Processor Identification Utility i found that my CPU...
  7. Blue Screen Video_TDR_Failure Error Message

Blue Screen Video_TDR_Failure Error Message: Hello everybody, I have encountered a "Blue Screen Of Death" error message with Stop code Video_TDR_Failure. The specific program that caused it is nviddmkm.sys So from what I understand this is software related to my Nvidia video adapter that I bought my laptop with, which...
  8. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys: While launching a game, it freezes up (And a second of the audio loops), then an another second loops, then it gives me this squished blue screen, the error it gives me is "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys" This PC was bought from a pawn shop nearby me, for about ~200 US...
  9. Sony Vaio Operating System not found error

Sony Vaio Operating System not found error: I have an older Sony Vaio (2012 touchscreen all-in-one desktop model) that we upgraded to Windows 10 when the free upgrade came out. On Friday we got the dreaded "Operating System Not Found" error. We were able to get into the BIOS once, by accident, and tried system...
  10. BSOD : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)

BSOD : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys): Hi there. I have a BSOD screen when I play a game 20-30 minutes . The error is : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys). Before installing W10 i could play games as Counter-Strike : Global Offensive, Minecraft and League of Legends at their full power without interrupting. And...