Windows 10: Blue Screen Error when updating to windows 10 version 2004

Discus and support Blue Screen Error when updating to windows 10 version 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, For the past few days I have been trying to update my PC to the latest version of windows 10 2004. I am currently running version 1909 and often... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lukehulse23, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Blue Screen Error when updating to windows 10 version 2004

Hi,

For the past few days I have been trying to update my PC to the latest version of windows 10 2004. I am currently running version 1909 and often whether its while I am using the PC or when I try to install the latest feature update my PC crashes and throws a blue screen error saying sorry there has been a issue. The PC gets to 100% on the blue screen then restarts. This is happening too often and is preventing me from using my pc. I have updated drivers, completed system restore, performed fresh install, unplugged USB sticks and anything not needed for basic use. I have heard others have had this issue but I am yet to find a solution. The blue screen error stop code often appears as IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - I have researched this and it says about checking drivers and uninstalling 3rd party anti virus software but all are upto date and I use windows defender for security so no 3rd part anti virus installed. My PC is custom built but I dont see how that could effect updating windows.

Please can you help me by providing a solution to how to resolve this problem.

Many thanks,

Luke.

:)

lukehulse23, Jul 28, 2020

2. Blue screen

Hi Rahul,

I understand that you running Windows 1909 & the suggested above option is part of version 2004 so I suggest you update your windows to the latest build version 2004 which will resolve your blue screen issue, please follow the below instructions to the update
    Windows to version 2004 manually.

Latest Windows Feature Pack 2004 update manually steps:

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Step 4: It will start downloading the update and also shows the percentage of download.

Regards

Shuaib

Windows Expert User

MohammedShuaib1986, Jul 28, 2020
  3. When updating to Windows 10 2004, I got blue screen

When I was trying to install the Windows 10 2004 update, at about 75%, I got a blue screen with a PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA. The error is caused by aksfridge.sys

MichaleBeckstead, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Blue Screen Error when updating to windows 10 version 2004

When Windows Installs Updates, it Blue-Screens beforehand

Hi,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why your computer goes to a blue screen before an update gets installed. This could be caused by missing update components or system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer
    the questions below:

• Were there any error codes or messages that showed up when you saw the blue screen on your computer?
    • We would to clarify what steps you to attempted to disable the automatic updates?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 do you have installed in your computer?

Windows 10 Pro and Home users also do not have the option to disable automatic updates. If you are using Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise or Education edition, then you will be able to defer the download and installation of Windows Updates on your computer
    system. Windows 10 Home users, will not see this option.

If you are using the version of Windows 10 that supports the option to defer updates, kindly take note of the following information below:

• Download and installation of security updates will happen immediately. Only features will be deferred
    • The deferment will occur for a couple of months only, after which these upgrades too will be downloaded and installed. Quality updates may get deferred by up to 30 days, whereas feature updates will not get installed for up to 180 days.

As a initial recommendation, you can follow the steps to troubleshoot blue screen errors that is available through this

link
    . This article will guide you in a step by steps process to correct errors that may lead to a blue screen showing on your computer.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Blue Screen Error when updating to windows 10 version 2004

1. Blue Screen Error when updating to windows 10 version 2004 - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Error

2. Error when upgrading to Windows 10 2004 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when upgrading to Windows 10 2004 version: Hi all, I am trying to upgrade to 2004 version, offline and remotely. The upgrade process failed due to block by Trend Micro Officescan This info I got when I go through setupact.log I tried to disable the AV - still failed The upgrade successful after I uninstall the...
  3. DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG When updating to version 2004

DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG When updating to version 2004: I have a Dell XPS 15 from 2016. I tried to update to version 2004, but every time it just keeps giving me a stop screen with the stop code DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG ....
  4. Windows 10, version 2004 error update...

Windows 10, version 2004 error update...: Hola! Queria que me ayuden ya que lo intente en distintos días actualizar y me sigue dando el siguiente error en captura: https://prnt.sc/tuqx96 Pasos a seguir segun su experiencia con este posible error que hayan solucionado o sepan como solucionarlo... Muchas...
  5. Windows Version 2004 Update Error

Windows Version 2004 Update Error: I've been trying to update my computer over the last 2 weeks multiple times, however every time the update has failed. The first error I encountered was error 0xc1900101, however since I've encountered that error I've been using the Windows 10 Update Assistant and I'm not...
  6. Blue screen when installing Windows 10 feature update 2004

Blue screen when installing Windows 10 feature update 2004: Hello, I recently tried to install the Windows 10 feature update 2004 on my desktop PC. At about 70 % of the installation I got a blue screen, with the error code "DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG". As suggested by other posts I looked in "C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Rollback" for a memory...
  7. When updating to Windows 10 2004, I got blue screen

When updating to Windows 10 2004, I got blue screen: When I was trying to install the Windows 10 2004 update, at about 75%, I got a blue screen with a PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA. The error is caused by aksfridge.sys...
  8. Windows 10 update version 2004

Windows 10 update version 2004: Not sure if anyone had same problems as me with the above update but one to be careful of if you have not yet done the update. I have 2 laptops with different specs but a decent broadband system, and the download from start to finish took 19 hours, maybe my issue was a one...
  9. Update Errors since Windows 10 version 2004

Update Errors since Windows 10 version 2004: On June 13, 2020, my desktop computer updated to Windows 10 version 2004. Other than the widely reported ESSENT warnings flooding the event log, I have two persistent update failures. Here's the first one: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following...
  10. Windows 10, version 2004 causing Blue Screen error on Laptops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10, version 2004 causing Blue Screen error on Laptops: After installing Windows 10, version 2004 on our laptops at the company I work for, many users are getting the bluescreen error: "Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error code: 0xc000000f" Most users can...