Windows 10: Blue Screen error with Bad_System_Config_Info after an upgrade

Discus and support Blue Screen error with Bad_System_Config_Info after an upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After an upgrade to my husband's HP All-In-One computer, can't get it to start up. It shows a blue screen with a circling startup icon. The code that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eriejewel, Dec 31, 2019.

1. eriejewel Win User

Blue Screen error with Bad_System_Config_Info after an upgrade

After an upgrade to my husband's HP All-In-One computer, can't get it to start up. It shows a blue screen with a circling startup icon. The code that comes us is "Bad_System_Config_Info".

I've tried about everything the computer suggests for repair, but nothing works.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jan Burk

***Modified title from: After an upgrade, computer won't start up.***

:)

eriejewel, Dec 31, 2019

2. BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, blue screen error

Just today my computer blue screened, and now every time I turn it on it blue screens whilst trying to load up windows 10 with the message BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. It tells me I can restart but when I do, it begins to load the repair and takes me to 'Choose
    your keyboard layout' which I cannot do as my keyboard and mouse aren't being registered.

pretty stuck here as my desktop pc is my main source for completing University coursework, so any suggestions or answers are really appreciated!

OP - BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

JackGeorge1996, Dec 31, 2019
  3. BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, blue screen error

Hi Jack,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO occur if one or more of the random access memory (RAM) modules that are installed in your computer is damaged or if the RAM configuration is incompatible.

I would suggest you to download the media creation tool to install windows 10 and create Windows 10 installation DVD media and try Repairing your Computer.

Follow the below steps:

• Create installation media for windows 10.

Refer to the below link:

Windows 10 herunterladen

• Insert the Windows 10 installation DVD in the DVD ROM and restart your computer.

• After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Follow the on screen instruction.
    For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 31, 2019
  4. Win10noob Win User

Windows 10 blue screen BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

Attachment 26852

Upgraded to Windows 10, getting blue screen error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

Decided to upgrade my Dell laptop to Windows 10, was running 7 on it. The install process seemed to go smoothly up until I had to login for the first time. PC would crash every time I input my password or click next.

I ended up downloading the Win10 usb install option to see if I could repair installation, did not work - now it boots into the blue screen error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

Anyone had a similar issue?
    Is there a work-around I can do via the CMD?

Hard drive is okay from what I can tell since I can boot into Ubuntu and see all my windows files

**Cannot even start up in safe mode, it crashes :O

Win10noob, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Blue Screen error with Bad_System_Config_Info after an upgrade - Similar Threads - Blue Screen error

2. bad_system_config_info blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bad_system_config_info blue screen of death: Hi,This incident happened to me about a week ago when I used my Asus Laptop, a blue screen of death appeared with a stop error code blue_system_config_info. I cannot unlock my Bitlocker encrypted drive even I typed the correct recovery key. I tried system restore and some...
  3. bad_system_config_info blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bad_system_config_info blue screen of death: Hi,This incident happened to me about a week ago when I used my Asus Laptop, a blue screen of death appeared with a stop error code blue_system_config_info. I cannot unlock my Bitlocker encrypted drive even I typed the correct recovery key. I tried system restore and some...
  4. Blue Screen Errors After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Errors After Upgrade: Hello all! I recently upgraded my prebuilt PC and I've been having blue screen issues ever since I upgraded. I upgraded the processor to a Ryzen 5600x, the RAM to this RAM kit and the motherboard to this ASRock mobo I've gotten a variety of blue screen codes:...
  5. Blue Screen Errors After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen Errors After Upgrade: Hello all! I recently upgraded my prebuilt PC and I've been having blue screen issues ever since I upgraded. I upgraded the processor to a Ryzen 5600x, the RAM to this RAM kit and the motherboard to this ASRock mobo I've gotten a variety of blue screen codes:...
  6. Blue Screen: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue Screen: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: Hi all, I am in search of help due to a blue screen I recently got on my windows 10 machine. I thought here would be a good place to start looking. Recently I've had some issues with my PC randomly shutting off or restarting etc but today it went to a grey screen and...
  7. Blue Screen Error on Start-up: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blue Screen Error on Start-up: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: So I recently decided to free up some disk space on my PC by going to Settings>Storage>Free up Disk Space. I clicked it but then the progress bar was not moving for some time so I decided to close the window and restart my laptop. The screen said windows is restarting....
  8. Blue Screen (BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen (BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO): Auto repair could not repair it as well. This started to happen perhaps 2-3days ago. I shut my computer down and when I tried turning it on it goes to a blue screen and then auto repairs tries to fix it twice. After a while it will say it can't fix it and gives me the option...
  9. Windows 10 Won't Boot - get a blue screen error with "Bad_System_Config_Info" and then a...

Windows 10 Won't Boot - get a blue screen error with "Bad_System_Config_Info" and then a...: I get a blue screen error with "Bad_System_Config_Info" and then a "Choose Your Keyboard Layout" Blue Screen. Then it freezes. I booted from a Windows 10 USB flash drive and tried to run system recovery from several restore points. They all failed after a few minutes...
  10. Windows 10 blue screen BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

Windows 10 blue screen BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: Attachment 26852 Upgraded to Windows 10, getting blue screen error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO Decided to upgrade my Dell laptop to Windows 10, was running 7 on it. The install process seemed to go smoothly up until I had to login for the first time. PC would crash every...