Windows 10: Blue screen Errors - Do I really need to do a complete reinstall from factory settings?

Discus and support Blue screen Errors - Do I really need to do a complete reinstall from factory settings? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am continually getting blue screen errors. I have been on the phone to support for hours in total over days. Updates for windows 10 have caused... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CourtenayH, May 29, 2019.

1. Blue screen Errors - Do I really need to do a complete reinstall from factory settings?

I am continually getting blue screen errors. I have been on the phone to support for hours in total over days. Updates for windows 10 have caused previously functioning programs to stop running, saved files to disappear - please tell me I am not alone like the Microsoft tech says!

I finally did a computer reboot saving my files (deleted a heap of programs ect though) and the problems still exist the errors continue now the tech is saying its my actual computer not a windows problem - note this computer is 4 months old!

The errors or Stop codes as the blue screen calls them I get are

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (this one comes up heaps)

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

:)

CourtenayH, May 29, 2019

2. Bluescreen error after recovering factory settings

Hello,
    I've HP dv6226tx notebook.

I've used recovery partitoon to recover to original factory settings.

It's working fine except terrifying bluescreen error i got thrice..

Now i've got blue screen 3 times and my laptop rebooted. i didnt remember error on blue screen except it was written that check your bios if it's latest and updated like that. i want to know where's the problem? how to update bios?

CAN it be problem in ram/hdd? how to check it? Thanks

--------------

freebird_9924, May 29, 2019
  3. Error. Blue Screen

Hi,

In addition to the above mentioned solutions by Community members, I would like to add the following:

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 29, 2019
  4. Roan T Win User

Blue screen Errors - Do I really need to do a complete reinstall from factory settings?

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Blue screen Errors - Do I really need to do a complete reinstall from factory settings?

1. Blue screen Errors - Do I really need to do a complete reinstall from factory settings? - Similar Threads - Blue screen Errors

2. Blue screen errors, doing whatever really.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen errors, doing whatever really.: I keep getting blue screen errors every 5-10min. it happens whenever i play games, use mozilla, use edge, use chrome, pretty much doing whatever it crashes.Things i have tried;:1. Running memtest and no errors.2. Reinstall windows 3. Ran verifier and i have the dmp files i...
  3. Blue screen errors, doing whatever really.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen errors, doing whatever really.: I keep getting blue screen errors every 5-10min. it happens whenever i play games, use mozilla, use edge, use chrome, pretty much doing whatever it crashes.Things i have tried;:1. Running memtest and no errors.2. Reinstall windows 3. Ran verifier and i have the dmp files i...
  4. Blue screen errors, doing whatever really.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Do I need to factory reset or no?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I need to factory reset or no?: I got a notification saying that both my antivirus were turned off and so I did a scan and found threats but it didn't let me do the "start actions" so I contacted support and the person sent me a link that said "MSERT" and claimed it was an antivirus and I don't know if that...
  6. Need to Restore to Factory Settings - How do I Reinstall Windows?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need to Restore to Factory Settings - How do I Reinstall Windows?: I posted last week regarding problems with my laptop. At the time, I could not get Windows to boot at all, it would only ever load to the recovery environment. I had tried to reinstall Windows from there by keeping all of my personal files, but this had failed. I needed a way...
  7. Do I really need pagefile active?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Do I really need pagefile active?: Just wondering do I really need page file active on my system? I do play a lot of games, watch vids, and browse the net. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-really-need-pagefile-active/ea020c30-6dc6-4dad-a96d-24084ca1d97e
  8. Do I need to reinstall windows 10 after restore factory setting?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need to reinstall windows 10 after restore factory setting?: Windows 10 is pre-installed in my laptop. I know the product key and product id of windows. Due to virus I want to restore factory setting. After restore factory setting, do I need to buy windows 10 again or do I need to create windows 10 image? After restore factory setting,...
  9. Do I need to reinstall windows 10 after restore factory setting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I need to reinstall windows 10 after restore factory setting?: Windows 10 is pre-installed in my laptop. I know the product key and product id of windows. Due to virus I want to restore factory setting. After restore factory setting, do I need to buy windows 10 again or do I need to create windows 10 image? After restore factory setting,...
  10. Do I really need a homegroup?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do I really need a homegroup?: In Windows 7, I had a desktop PC and a laptop on a network without a homegroup, and I shared files seamlessly between both computers over the network. Windows 10 seems to require a homegroup to share. And if it doesn't, it sure wants to promote homegroup use. Doesn't a...