Windows 10: Blue screen for too many USB devices

Discus and support Blue screen for too many USB devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I work in a laboratory where we have to connect several USB devices to the same computer (we have a unified interface for all of them). While I start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lorenzoleandro, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Blue screen for too many USB devices

I work in a laboratory where we have to connect several USB devices to the same computer (we have a unified interface for all of them).

While I start to build my USB tree (3 powered hubs and around 15 devices), at some point while attaching the Nth USB, the computer crashes.

It goes blue screen and it only restarts properly after I unplug all USBs (then I have to reinstall some drivers and reboot several times before I can start to reconnect USBs). It does not give any error, it just goes blue screen.

I tried with a mini-PC from HP with Windows7 and then also with a regular PC from HP with Windows 10.

The regular PC almost made it (it was correctly seeing all devices), but then I unplugged and replugged one of the devices and it went blue screen as well.

Everything I have via USB is powered via powered-HUBs and the computer not giving me any error to troubleshoot.

I googled quite a while and I found it might be a problem of the drivers. I updated manually every driver in the computer.

The drivers of the devices I have no control over, but I did install the newest versions.

Could you give me some advice on how to proceed to tackle the problem?

I tried everything I could come up with but nothing worked. Now I do not know how to proceed.

I cannot use multiple computers because all devices have to be connected to the same computer.

I could move some of them to Ethernet but that would require to change lots of codes in my unified interface.

Thanks for any comment or advice!

:)

lorenzoleandro, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Blue screen for too many USB devices

USB ports fail, then blue screen of death on three Windows 10 computers -- Can this be fixed or is this caused by a virus?

Hi Grace,

It's possible that certain drivers, such as USB and other device drivers are causing blue screen errors on your PC. Another factor is due to a conflicting third-party software. Now, before we get into the solution, were you able to boot your computer normally
    or can it boot to the desktop screen? If yes, then we suggest that you run the
    Hardware diagnostic tool
    on your PC. Just type troubleshooter on the
    Search box, press Enter, then look for
    Hardware and Devices
    , and click Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter didn't resolve the port issue, then might as well you update the USB driver, and the BIOS firmware of your computer.

In addition to that, if you're still getting a blue/black screen error after performing the recommended steps, then we suggest that refer to the troubleshooting steps from these articles:

Let us know the outcome.

Marque Lor, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Blue screen for too many USB devices

1. Blue screen for too many USB devices - Similar Threads - Blue screen too

2. Many software issues and many blue screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Many software issues and many blue screens: Many software issues last week: Crashing, not launching, random quits and many more plus random blue screens some times 5 minutes apart from each other so I am typing fast so sorry for the lack of structure to thisSystem:I7 7700RTX 307032gb RAMWindows 10please help!...
  3. Many software issues and many blue screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many software issues and many blue screens: Many software issues last week: Crashing, not launching, random quits and many more plus random blue screens some times 5 minutes apart from each other so I am typing fast so sorry for the lack of structure to thisSystem:I7 7700RTX 307032gb RAMWindows 10please help!...
  4. Many software issues and many blue screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Too many bluetooth devices for adapter, any solution?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Too many bluetooth devices for adapter, any solution?: I am using a bluetooth keyboard, headphones and controller with my pc, the issue is, it is impossible for me to use all of those at once. I am using a 15$ logitech bluetooth adapter as my pc doesn't have built in bluetooth and it obviously isn't powerful enough to handle...
  6. Many many many blue screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Many many many blue screen: First, i'm srory for my bad english because I'm french ;) So that's happening more and more since thursday and it's usually when I play a Windows Store game. And it make that too on the other games... It close many apps too, when i'm playing, t's closing and i have to reload...
  7. too many devices

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    too many devices: I opened minecraft yesterday, but today it says I have too many devices. I proceeded to remove all except home PC and it still wont work. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-devices/2b2c81e7-969b-4571-8726-d37613f3d408"
  8. Blue screen for too many USB plugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen for too many USB plugged: In the lab where I work we need 20+ devices connected to the same computer via USB. I have 3 powered deltaco HUBs and several devices. Some USB3.0, some USB2.0, but all hubs are 3.0. I install all softwares and drivers individually for each device (each works individually)....
  9. reCAPTCHA going through too many screens

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reCAPTCHA going through too many screens: Hi, I wondered if anyone could please? I am on a fully updated windows 10 PC and whenever I encounter the reCAPTCHA dialoguie box it takes for ever to complete. In some instances it simply doesn't complete at all! Does anyone have any ideas how I can resolve this please?...
  10. Too many devices in Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Support
    Too many devices in Microsoft Account: I've noticed several posts here in this forum about changing the Microsoft Account password so I took a look at my account and found something strange. The screen shot shows 3 devices, all the same, plus1 one Win device that I have no idea what it is. [img] My...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will too many usb devices crash a pc

2. too many usb restart