Windows 10: Blue screen .. I don't know my password for the local account

Discus and support Blue screen .. I don't know my password for the local account in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm getting the following after it asks for my password to the local account and I don't know what it is. It says critical service failed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JesseAstuto, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Blue screen .. I don't know my password for the local account

I'm getting the following after it asks for my password to the local account and I don't know what it is. It says critical service failed

:)

JesseAstuto, Jul 30, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Blue screen .. I don't know my password for the local account

Forgot Local account password

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you as you do not remember the local account password, we will help you with this issue.

Kindly let us know if you have Microsoft account on your computer.

If so, I suggest you to log-in with the Microsoft account and change the password for the local account.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key, type Settings
      and press Enter.
    • Then click on Change PC settings.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click
      Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap Accounts, and then click Sign-in options.
    • Tap Change your password and follow the instructions.

For reference: Passwords in Windows: FAQ

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Blue screen .. I don't know my password for the local account

1. Blue screen .. I don't know my password for the local account - Similar Threads - Blue screen don't

2. Don't Know Local Account Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't Know Local Account Password: So, i bought my laptop in 2017 and i'm a forgetful person, Long story short, i want to organize my saved password on chrome. Sadly, it required windows password, which made me quite perplexed. i didn't remember setting password or i already forgot about that. So i want to log...
  3. Don't Know Local Account Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Don't Know Local Account Password: So, i bought my laptop in 2017 and i'm a forgetful person, Long story short, i want to organize my saved password on chrome. Sadly, it required windows password, which made me quite perplexed. i didn't remember setting password or i already forgot about that. So i want to log...
  4. Don't Know Local Account Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. My pc is always Blue screen and I don't know why...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is always Blue screen and I don't know why...: So recently my pc blue screens a lot. but my pc is healthy or at least it shows that it's healthy. I tried to look into the reason why it crashes but I don't know where to see it. I really need help because I can't even digitally paint. when my pc goes into BSOD it just...
  6. My pc is always Blue screen and I don't know why...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is always Blue screen and I don't know why...: So recently my pc blue screens a lot. but my pc is healthy or at least it shows that it's healthy. I tried to look into the reason why it crashes but I don't know where to see it. I really need help because I can't even digitally paint. when my pc goes into BSOD it just...
  7. My pc is always Blue screen and I don't know why...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. I don't know the Administrator Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't know the Administrator Password: How do you reset the Administrator password of a laptop I have no clue what it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-the-administrator-password/f2c469a8-75ad-462c-b7f6-be42b52b77a2
  9. I don't know the Administrator Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't know the Administrator Password: How do you reset the Administrator password of a laptop I have no clue what it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-the-administrator-password/f2c469a8-75ad-462c-b7f6-be42b52b77a2
  10. Don't know administator account, username, or password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Don't know administator account, username, or password: Hello, I'm having some trouble with a laptop regarding administrator access. I'm using an HP ProBook 440 G7 running Windows 10 Pro. For context, I was given this laptop for work and it was previously used and potentially set up by another coworker who has since left. I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. local network dont know my password