Windows 10: Blue screen loop appears after installing new drivers via Armoury Crate

Discus and support Blue screen loop appears after installing new drivers via Armoury Crate in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I get this blue screen everytime I start windows and I can't get rid of it. The blue screen is in another language, so im sorry for that, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by werdal1, Aug 22, 2020.

1. werdal1 Win User

Blue screen loop appears after installing new drivers via Armoury Crate

Hello. I get this blue screen everytime I start windows and I can't get rid of it. The blue screen is in another language, so im sorry for that, but I guess you are able to read the important stuff anyways. What it says in the end is 'Stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED' and 'What failed: stornvme.sys'

Anyways, once the information of error has collected as shown on the blue screen, the pc restarts and begins the same process when I enter the desktop again. It goes in loop. This started happening after I started updating 4 drivers in the Armoury Crate app. What drivers I updated, im not sure of. I can only boot the computer in safe mode, and it's not letting me open Armoury Crate from there. I have checked the device manager if there's any drivers that can be rolled back. There was in fact one Network Card. This did nothing to the blue screen. I have also checked the other drivers if they were updated, and they were.

Files from 'windows\minidump': https://drive.google.com/…/1PeWHHVdr1K9cPsUIiptGeugwm…/view…
    A stranger helped me to create a log file from this dump which is linked. He says that it's too advanced for him to understand, but he thinks it can have something to do with RGB-lights. He also says it's possible that the stornvme.sys file has been damaged and I might need to reinstall windows.
    -The funny thing is, I was actually messing around with the RGB light of the components via Armoury Crate. But this was right before I installed those drivers.

With all this information im not sure what to make of it and how to approach it. Im not very technical, so I would appriciate if you could use a more simplistic lingo, if you mind. Any clues or ideas is much appriciated!

Here is the specs if it is useful:

Version: 10.0.18363

CPU: Intel i7-9700k coffee lake

Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070

Drive with OS: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
    RAM: 16GB

Log file from minidump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19KEE0ZJ8qJS1kzYgt7F3zJ3JOKpjsq9U/view?usp=sharing

Blue screen loop appears after installing new drivers via Armoury Crate [​IMG]

:)

werdal1, Aug 22, 2020

2. Blue screen in terminal loop

Hi,

The blue screen error that you encounter can be triggered due to a possible hardware or hardware driver software failure. To isolate your concern, could you confirm if you have made any changes on your device prior to your concern? Also, are you getting
    any messages for the blue screen error?

As an initial step to get out of the blue screen loop, we suggest that you perform a startup repair by booting to
    System Recovery Options through a hard reboot. To do this, follow these steps:

• Turn on your device.
    • When the Windows logo appears, press the power off button or unplug the power source to force shutdown your device.
      (If you're using a laptop, remove the battery. Note: Refer to the manufacturer's site on how to remove the battery of your device.)
    • Perform this step three times. On the third time that you turn on your computer, wait for the
      Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      >Advanced options > Automatic Repair.
    • Select Windows 10.
    • If prompted, select an administrator account.
    • Type in your password and click Continue.
    • Wait for the repair to complete.

Once you're done, check if your device will boot normally.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Aug 22, 2020
  4. commonone Win User

Tablet constantly loops with blue screen - Driver Overran Stack Buffer

Think I've blown it........

I went to the Viglen support and inserted my serial number and downloaded a driver package which I thought was for my Tablet with Win 10 Home, ver:1709

Now its constantly looping with the blue screen saying its trying to repair. Then a message appears 'driver overran stack buffer' and suggests going the Windows.com/stopcode and it just continues to loop forever more with the same
    message..

Went to wwindows.com/stopcode and nothing is there of how solve the problem as I cannot do anything with it as they suggest.

I copied a windows recovery to a flash stick to try and boot a recovery from that, the stick is being read. But the loop continues.

Help !!

commonone, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Blue screen loop appears after installing new drivers via Armoury Crate - Similar Threads - Blue screen loop

2. Asus Armoury Crate Install Issue On Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Armoury Crate Install Issue On Windows 11: Recently I Have Installed Windows On My Custom PC Asus z790 Hero. But Everytime I Try To Install Armoury Crate. It Stucks After Sometime. It Starts To Download, I Can See The Percerntage. Then I Contacted Asus Support, They Told Me Everything Is Fine By Them. Anyone Facing...
  3. Asus Armoury Crate Install Issue On Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Armoury Crate Install Issue On Windows 11: Recently I Have Installed Windows On My Custom PC Asus z790 Hero. But Everytime I Try To Install Armoury Crate. It Stucks After Sometime. It Starts To Download, I Can See The Percerntage. Then I Contacted Asus Support, They Told Me Everything Is Fine Them. Anyone Facing This...
  4. Armoury Crate reinstall & Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Armoury Crate reinstall & Windows 11: I had an issue with Armoury Crate software that controls fan profiles of my ASUS laptop and the only way to install it again was to uninstall AC using ASUS official uninstaller which I duly did. Re-installed and everything worked perfectly. I followed the steps provided by...
  5. Armoury Crate reinstall & Windows 11

Armoury Crate reinstall & Windows 11: I had an issue with Armoury Crate software that controls fan profiles of my ASUS laptop and the only way to install it again was to uninstall AC using ASUS official uninstaller which I duly did. Re-installed and everything worked perfectly. I followed the steps provided by...
  6. Blue screen loop after drivers update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen loop after drivers update.: Today I decided to check through my drivers and see what needs updating. I have this software can’t remember the name of but if I do I’ll add it that automatically does most of my driver updates for me. I’ve used it for a while since I’ve found windows sometimes missed...
  7. Blue screen loop after drivers update.

Blue screen loop after drivers update.: Today I decided to check through my drivers and see what needs updating. I have this software can’t remember the name of but if I do I’ll add it that automatically does most of my driver updates for me. I’ve used it for a while since I’ve found windows sometimes missed...
  8. BSOD and crashing after installing a fresh windows and only using armoury crate does anyone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and crashing after installing a fresh windows and only using armoury crate does anyone...: My PC specs Asus ROG maximus extreme z790Intel 13900kfG skill 7200 MHz980 Samsung m.2Asus 4090 strix gpuCorsair hx1200 PSUAsus ryuo III aio Corsair ql fans x10 I have no overheating issues just bsod over and over even after installing a fresh windows tried to stop windows...
  9. BSOD and crashing after installing a fresh windows and only using armoury crate does anyone...

BSOD and crashing after installing a fresh windows and only using armoury crate does anyone...: My PC specs Asus ROG maximus extreme z790Intel 13900kfG skill 7200 MHz980 Samsung m.2Asus 4090 strix gpuCorsair hx1200 PSUAsus ryuo III aio Corsair ql fans x10 I have no overheating issues just bsod over and over even after installing a fresh windows tried to stop windows...
  10. Uninstall Asus Armoury Crate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstall Asus Armoury Crate: I have recently installed ASUS ARMOURY CRATE because of updating issues. I think this driver is a part of it, but should I be concerned about this? And how would I be able to fix it?****Original Title: AMDRyzen Master Device Driver****...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. armory crate auto dim

2. Armoury Crate causes windows 10 not to boot