Windows 10: Blue Screen + no back up registry, can I copy a version of a slightly older registry from...

Discus and support Blue Screen + no back up registry, can I copy a version of a slightly older registry from... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Blue Screen + no back up registry, can I copy a version of a slightly older registry from drive I upgraded from? Hi all, yeah blue screen, "Critical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ecstatic_Beginning, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Blue Screen + no back up registry, can I copy a version of a slightly older registry from...

Blue Screen + no back up registry, can I copy a version of a slightly older registry from drive I upgraded from?

Hi all, yeah blue screen, "Critical Process Died", PC refuses to boot I've tried everything (from within WRE with recovery / installation media):

1. sfc /scannow, returns some kind of error
    2. System Restore doesn't work
    3. Can't enter safe mode
    4. DISM doesn't work
    5. Rebuild MBR doesn't work
    6. Regback has been deleted to "reduce footprint size" 1803-1809 forward (whilst leaving bloatware in place)
    7. Also, Automatic Repair does not work.

I believe the issue is that the registry has become severely corrupted, hence nothing working.

I upgraded from 500GB Samsung 850 Evo to Sabrent 2TB about a month ago, luckily I didn't wipe the older instance of the OS and can still use the PC without having to reinstall Windows. Problem is, I have about 1TB of games that I don't wish to redownload on the Sabrent Rocket (which I can still see and access once within Windows)

Question: is there anyway to somehow repair the registry of the newer instance of Windows on the Sabrent Rocket 2TB with the registry from the slightly older version of itself from 500GB SSD?

Thanks for any help with this.

submitted by /u/Ecstatic_Beginning
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ecstatic_Beginning, Apr 30, 2020

2. Custom Registry Files

Techpowerup nor myself are in no way responsible for anything that may or may not go wrong with a users system if s/he decides to use these registry hacks. You are doing so at your own risk and agree to release me and or Techpowerup from fault that may occur. If a user decides to use these registry hacks, you must BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST!

To backup your registry click Start>Run (or use windows search from the start menu) and type "Regedit" without quotes. Click on File>Export. Name the file whatever you wish and save it somewhere that is NOT on your Windows drive.

Contained inside the attached RAR file you will find 13 registry hacks. They are:

• Copy To - Adds Copy To to the right click context menu
    • Move To - Adds Move To to the right click context menu
    • Enable Balloon Notification - Self explanatory
    • Disable Balloon Notification - Self explanatory
    • Extended UI Hover Time - Despite its name it decreases the time it takes to preview a thumbnail
    • Instant Aero Peek - Self explanatory
    • Last Active Click - If you have multiple of the same program open, click the icon and it will bring to you your last open window of that program. Click again and you can cycle through.
    • Menu Show Delay - Decreases the time it takes for the start menu to appear
    • Move Kernel - Moves the Windows Kernel from the HDD to memory increasing system performance slightly.
    • Stop Snap - Disables the Windows 7 Snap feature (when you drag a window to the corner of the screen)
    • Stop Space Checking - Keeps Windows from constantly checking disk space
    • USB Write Protect - Disallows Windows to write to any USB device but will still allow the device to be read from.
    • Wait To Kill Service Timeout - Decreases the time it takes windows to wait for a program to fully close before shutting down.
    I have tested all but Move Kernel, Stop Space Checking, and USB Write Protect and they all work 100%. If you open up the registry file I provide, it will give you more information on where the key specifically is along with some information on what it does. Obviously the Aero Peek and Hover time hacks will not work on versions of Windows earlier than 7.

I got the Copy To and Move to from How To Geek and the rest I just Googled and turned into a registry file for convenience. Not sure how many of you guys will need this but i found some new registry hacks that Ill be using now while doing this so I thought I would share with the community. Make me good for something. *Roll Eyes Blue Screen + no back up registry, can I copy a version of a slightly older registry from... :rolleyes:

If I come across more Ill edit this post and upload the new zip. Feel free as well to tell us any registry hacks you use and I could even add them to the list. *Smile Blue Screen + no back up registry, can I copy a version of a slightly older registry from... :)

Enjoy!

CrAsHnBuRnXp, May 23, 2020
  3. Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, May 23, 2020
  4. Blue Screen + no back up registry, can I copy a version of a slightly older registry from...

registry fix

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What registry fix are you trying to run?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Have you taken a backup of all your data?
    I would suggest you to take a backup of all your data before doing any changes in the registry keys. If you do any incorrect changes to the registry you won’t be able to boot the computer.

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
    carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in
    the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Blue Screen + no back up registry, can I copy a version of a slightly older registry from...

1. Blue Screen + no back up registry, can I copy a version of a slightly older registry from... - Similar Threads - Blue Screen registry

2. Registry Error Blue Screen on Start Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Error Blue Screen on Start Up: My PC froze with a blue screen and critical process died 2 days ago. After a hard reboot it started with the system auto repair and began diagnosing my PC. The auto repair failed and sent me to a trouble shooting menu. The system failed to trouble shoot and every other option...
  3. Registry Error Blue Screen on Start Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry Error Blue Screen on Start Up: My PC froze with a blue screen and critical process died 2 days ago. After a hard reboot it started with the system auto repair and began diagnosing my PC. The auto repair failed and sent me to a trouble shooting menu. The system failed to trouble shoot and every other option...
  4. REGISTRY - CAN I DELETE OFFICE 365 FROM REGISTRY?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REGISTRY - CAN I DELETE OFFICE 365 FROM REGISTRY?: Can I delete Office 365 from Registry? I am trying to UNINSTALL OFFICE 365. I have tried MANUAL and MICROSOFT SUPPURT AND RECOVERY ASSISTANT TOOL. The tool is UNABLE TO FIX THE PROBLEM....
  5. REGISTRY - CAN I DELETE OFFICE 365 FROM REGISTRY?

REGISTRY - CAN I DELETE OFFICE 365 FROM REGISTRY?: Can I delete Office 365 from Registry? I am trying to UNINSTALL OFFICE 365. I have tried MANUAL and MICROSOFT SUPPURT AND RECOVERY ASSISTANT TOOL. The tool is UNABLE TO FIX THE PROBLEM....
  6. REGISTRY - CAN I DELETE OFFICE 365 FROM REGISTRY?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Copy Registry From One Account to Another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy Registry From One Account to Another: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎6/‎29/‎2021 OS build 19043.1288 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------My old machine bought in March of 2011 died after 10 1/2 years...
  8. Copy Registry From One Account to Another

Copy Registry From One Account to Another: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎6/‎29/‎2021 OS build 19043.1288 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------My old machine bought in March of 2011 died after 10 1/2 years...
  9. Blue Screen stopcode: registry error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen stopcode: registry error: It been like this for ages and i dont know what to do. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-stopcode-registry-error/85bdd407-6fe7-408d-bc73-e3330f1009d2
  10. Backing up the registry

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backing up the registry: Is it possible to have the registry backed up on every bootup? If so how do I set it up? Thanks 76122