Windows 10: Blue screen of death after disk check

Discus and support Blue screen of death after disk check in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, This all started with a chkdisk command entered into command prompt. Upon restarting after this command, windows started repairing the disk.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesLawson7, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Blue screen of death after disk check

Hi,

This all started with a chkdisk command entered into command prompt. Upon restarting after this command, windows started repairing the disk. After being stuck on 11% for an hour, I (very stupidly) restarted my computer.

After that, windows started I soon started to habe issues accessing my own files: it said I didnt have permission to edit any new downloads. I restarted my computer after I lost internet connection.

Then, I got the blue screen. I have tried every option. It wont repair the disk, start from a restore point, or reinstall windows with files. I cant even boot into safe mode.

The primary drive is no longer "C:", it is now called "X:" in the command prompt. Scans show that there are zero windows installations. Fixboot command say that my access is denied.

What should I do? Should I just remove the hard drive, transfer my important docs to another computer, and buy a new hard drive? Or is there something else I can do?

Respectfully,

James Lawson

:)

JamesLawson7, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Mar 15, 2019
  3. iuppiter Win User
    Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -
    Blue screen of death after disk check [​IMG]

iuppiter, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Blue screen of death after disk check

Blue Screen of death

Hi Cruize,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are you able to boot to the desktop?
    • What is the exact error message you get on the screen?
    I would suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP) on
    Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSOD Finding and fixing them

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Blue screen of death after disk check

1. Blue screen of death after disk check - Similar Threads - Blue screen death

2. Blue Screen of Death after going to msconfig and advance options and checked the checkbox...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death after going to msconfig and advance options and checked the checkbox...: I have 16gb ram, after i checked it and confirm i went back and it said 0, thought that wad normal confirn changes reset pc and i got blue screen of death how fix...
  3. Blue Screen of Death after going to msconfig and advance options and checked the checkbox...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen of Death after going to msconfig and advance options and checked the checkbox...: I have 16gb ram, after i checked it and confirm i went back and it said 0, thought that wad normal confirn changes reset pc and i got blue screen of death how fix...
  4. Blue Screen of Death after going to msconfig and advance options and checked the checkbox...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blue Screen of Death after going to msconfig and advance options and checked the check box...

Blue Screen of Death after going to msconfig and advance options and checked the check box...: Hello i would really need help im typing this on my ipad while my pc is broken so basically i noticed that my ram is 4gb usable 3.83 i searched on youtube how to fix this i did the following steps go to msconfig advance options etc after that restarted my pc and boom it...
  6. Blue Screen of Death during Disk Writing

Blue Screen of Death during Disk Writing: Hello.We just recently started getting a Blue Screen of Death during times when files are being written to disk. It is not just happing on one disk but many, internal and external. We reformatted the hard drive and did a fresh install of Windows 10 and the crashing is still...
  7. NO POST no Dell Logo, after blue screen while Check Disk.

NO POST no Dell Logo, after blue screen while Check Disk.: Hi, I have an old Dell XPS Desktop, Windows 7 Pro from manufacturer, but currently on Windows 10 Pro. The computer was running fine, but to clean, I did a full restore, deleting all data on the most complete form. After 2 unsuccessful attempts the restores stopped...
  8. MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION on Windows 10 with Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION on Windows 10 with Blue Screen of Death: My laptop runs Windows 10 Home edition and it has been displaying Machine Check Exception on a loop with Blue screen of death, it's not even allowing me to enter into the system on safe mode, disk checks are failing, system restore is not accessible, system repair fails too,...
  9. blue death of screen

blue death of screen: when I play game of do some kind of work on my pc this problem occur automatically "stop code:video scheduler internal error" tell me how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-death-of-screen/b60957e9-5d18-40e8-b256-f56750712009
  10. Blue Screen of Death after updates

Blue Screen of Death after updates: Hi everyone! My girlfriends laptop (MSI GV62 8RD) started to crash with bsod after a driver update. It bareley stays on, witout restarting, more than 5 minutes. I reinstalled windows first because I didn't know what causes the problem, but after a while, it started to crash...