Windows 10: Blue Screen of Death after downloading an update

Discus and support Blue Screen of Death after downloading an update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve been trying to do a system restore but the C: option is grayed out and says “You must enable system protection on this drive”. Recently I’ve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/marioac97, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Blue Screen of Death after downloading an update

I’ve been trying to do a system restore but the C: option is grayed out and says “You must enable system protection on this drive”.

Recently I’ve opened the cmd and it takes me to

X:\windows\system32>

In which I’ve entered “Rstrui.exe/offline:C:\windows=active”

From there I can select the E: drive to do the system restore, but it ends in it being unsuccessful, stating: “System Restore failed while restoring the registry from the restore point. An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070002)”

I feel like I’m at an impasse here, please help!

submitted by /u/marioac97
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/marioac97, Jul 30, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

1803 update causing PC crash with Blue Screen of Death

Hello annebinding,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the exact error code/message you receive regarding the Blue Screen of death?

I understand that you are facing an issue regarding Blue Screen of Death. A faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate BSOD.
    We will look into this for you.

I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article step-by-step and see if it works:

The Operating System is designed to automatically receive new updates by default. We recommend not to stop the updates, since the updates consists various security patches and latest driver updates which helps to keep the computer safe and secure. Windows
    Updates will eventually need to be installed and downloaded, regardless of your update settings. However, you may temporarily pause updates from being downloaded and installed.

To know more on how to pause updates, you may refer to an article on:
    Manage updates in Windows 10.

Kindly get back to us with the results, we are looking into this for you and we will be glad to assist you if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Blue Screen of Death after downloading an update

Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

Hi,

Blue screen errors can occur if a serious problem causes Windows to shut down or restart unexpectedly. This error can be caused by both hardware and software issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if there were any changes made
    prior to the issue.

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this link for blue screen error basic
    troubleshooting. Once you're on the page, select the option on when do you get the error and proceed with the steps listed.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Blue Screen of Death after downloading an update

1. Blue Screen of Death after downloading an update - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Death

2. Help with blue screen of death after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with blue screen of death after update: I'm asking this for my partner, who I'm not physically with to be specific. Just today, her laptop went to sleep after she went idle for a period of time, and when it woke up, it was in the middle of updating. After the restart, whenever she tries to log in and use it after...
  3. Help with blue screen of death after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with blue screen of death after update: I'm asking this for my partner, who I'm not physically with to be specific. Just today, her laptop went to sleep after she went idle for a period of time, and when it woke up, it was in the middle of updating. After the restart, whenever she tries to log in and use it after...
  4. Help with blue screen of death after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Blue screen of death after updating Display drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen of death after updating Display drivers: Error:- BSOD :- Critical_Process_Died and few other like Thread_stuck_in_Driver Tried all troubleshooting steps but no avail. Happens when I update the Graphic drivers >>Safe Mode and reboot issue persists. >>Reinstalled OS >>Recreated drivers >>same issue after updating...
  6. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH WHEN DOWNLOADING WINDOWS UPDATE

BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH WHEN DOWNLOADING WINDOWS UPDATE: So I have been trying to update my my Windows version from 1809 to 2004 I had previously tried to update to 1903 and 1909 unsuccessfully . I have tried to update from Setting > Update and Windows Update Assistant . But every time it reaches between 70% to 90% and BLUE...
  7. Update on the blue screen of death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update on the blue screen of death: So the blue screen of death is back I tried restore but I can reinstall windows 10. (It gave the option to keep my data.) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-on-the-blue-screen-of-death/eceef657-7e8e-4432-bcfa-5943ee47c6d5
  8. Blue Screen of Death after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death after Windows Update: Recently, I got forced to update Windows 10 to version 1903 OS build 18362.267. A day after the update I got a BSOD while playing CS:GO and this happened regularly at about one BSOD a day while in game. I saw on another thread that it may be because of graphics drivers, so...
  9. Blue Screen of Death after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death after updates: Hi everyone! My girlfriends laptop (MSI GV62 8RD) started to crash with bsod after a driver update. It bareley stays on, witout restarting, more than 5 minutes. I reinstalled windows first because I didn't know what causes the problem, but after a while, it started to crash...
  10. Blue screen of death after a WINDOWS update ?

Blue screen of death after a WINDOWS update ?: WINDOWS uploaded a update. Computer basically has crashed ! Blue screen of death as come up. Ive tried all suggestions , Nothing works. I am able to pull up the comand part of computer. Is there a comand i can type in to bypass windows? Or delete it ? . There is no desktop...