Windows 10: Blue Screen of Death after msconfig - Maximum Boot Setting at 8000

Discus and support Blue Screen of Death after msconfig - Maximum Boot Setting at 8000 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Acer Nitro 5 with 16 GB dedicated ram. I did the following: msconfig > boot > advanced options > maxiumm memory > 8000 After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jeraldy DP, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Blue Screen of Death after msconfig - Maximum Boot Setting at 8000

Hi, I have an Acer Nitro 5 with 16 GB dedicated ram.

I did the following:

msconfig > boot > advanced options > maxiumm memory > 8000

After pressing apply > ok > restart,

I get the blue screen of death saying "Bad System Config Info".

What's going on? This happened twice after system restore.

:)

Jeraldy DP, Feb 20, 2020
  2. Aidan Jee Win User

Msconfig - Maximum Boot Memory Setting defaulting to 0

Hi,

I have a Fujitisu Windows 10 PC with 16GB of RAM. I need to set the memory to 8192 in msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options > Maximum Memory. However, when I try to set it, as soon as you click 'OK' and go back into it, it has defaulted to 0 (even when using
    'Make Boot Settings Permanent').

I am able to set it to 2048 and below but 8192 will not stay as the setting. If you put in other amounts it will change the number to a seemingly arbitrary figure (e.g 8000 > 3904) but the setting will stay. I try 8192 again and no success.

I have tried using the command line truncate memory command which does change the available memory, but changing it in this manner is then not reflected in msconfig, which is required for the software to interface with the hardware.

How am I able to get the 8192 value to set? This is required for some very specific hardware and the supplier says it is an OS issue.

Thanks in advance.

Aidan

***Post has been moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Aidan Jee, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Blue Screen of Death after msconfig - Maximum Boot Setting at 8000

Blue Screen of death

Hi Cruize,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are you able to boot to the desktop?
    • What is the exact error message you get on the screen?
    I would suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP) on
    Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSOD Finding and fixing them

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Blue Screen of Death after msconfig - Maximum Boot Setting at 8000

1. Blue Screen of Death after msconfig - Maximum Boot Setting at 8000 - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Death

2. Win11: Blue screen after changing msconfig settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11: Blue screen after changing msconfig settings: You have answered the question für Windows 10, but the solution command prompt with deletevalue doesn't Work for Windows 11.So Here ist what I did:Msconfig / System configuration / boot / advanced options: activated checkbox. 32GB we're displayed. I agreed and Made a reboot....
  3. Win11: Blue screen after changing msconfig settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11: Blue screen after changing msconfig settings: You have answered the question für Windows 10, but the solution command prompt with deletevalue doesn't Work for Windows 11.So Here ist what I did:Msconfig / System configuration / boot / advanced options: activated checkbox. 32GB we're displayed. I agreed and Made a reboot....
  4. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH AFTER CHANGING MAXIMUM MEMORY IN BOOT ADVANCE OPTIONS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH AFTER CHANGING MAXIMUM MEMORY IN BOOT ADVANCE OPTIONS: Hello Good Day. I have a problem regarding my laptop HP i7-5th gen. let me get to the point, after changing the maximum memory to the highest number in the boot advance settings in msconfig/system configuration, I've been stuck in the blue screen of death and I cant get out...
  5. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH AFTER CHANGING MAXIMUM MEMORY IN BOOT ADVANCE OPTIONS

BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH AFTER CHANGING MAXIMUM MEMORY IN BOOT ADVANCE OPTIONS: Hello Good Day. I have a problem regarding my laptop HP i7-5th gen. let me get to the point, after changing the maximum memory to the highest number in the boot advance settings in msconfig/system configuration, I've been stuck in the blue screen of death and I cant get out...
  6. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH AFTER CHANGING MAXIMUM MEMORY IN BOOT ADVANCE OPTIONS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. getting a bsod after setting maximum memory on msconfig

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    getting a bsod after setting maximum memory on msconfig: Hello. I want to ask something related to the RAM installed on my computer. There is 8GB of RAM installed but only 5.95GB can be used. Then I watched a video on YouTube to solve the "useable RAM" and there is one way, namely by clicking maximum memory and set it to maximum....
  8. getting a bsod after setting maximum memory on msconfig

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting a bsod after setting maximum memory on msconfig: Hello. I want to ask something related to the RAM installed on my computer. There is 8GB of RAM installed but only 5.95GB can be used. Then I watched a video on YouTube to solve the "useable RAM" and there is one way, namely by clicking maximum memory and set it to maximum....
  9. getting a bsod after setting maximum memory on msconfig

10. Blue screen after changing msconfig settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after changing msconfig settings: I recently upgraded my ram and realised that a whole 8gb was dedicated to hardware. I searched for a way to change this and came across a guy saying you should change the max memory value to 0 and uncheck the box under the boot tab in msconfig, so i blindly followed along. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msconfig maximum memory windows 10 crash