Windows 10: blue screen of death after trying to reset settings to factory

Discus and support blue screen of death after trying to reset settings to factory in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello,my data lost lost when i login today and then try to reset to factory settings to resolve the issue, while doing so i then receive the blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KevinChau4, May 8, 2021.

1. blue screen of death after trying to reset settings to factory

hello,my data lost lost when i login today and then try to reset to factory settings to resolve the issue, while doing so i then receive the blue screen of death. It would now end up in a endless cycle of it as a result. Then to try to effectively shutdown the the PC and waited a couple of minutes. After doing so, it continues to continue to cycle.

:)

KevinChau4, May 8, 2021
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, May 8, 2021
  3. Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 8, 2021
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

blue screen of death after trying to reset settings to factory

Latest update from Windows has caused blue screen of death?!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • Did you reinstall the update and the application after resetting the computer to factory settings?

We need crash dumps in order to know what is causing this issue and suggest the appropriate steps to follow.

We have sent you a private message, please reply to the message along with the crash dumps. Dump files can be found in C:\Windows/Minidump/*.dmp.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try with the steps mentioned in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and see if it works.

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, May 8, 2021
Thema:

blue screen of death after trying to reset settings to factory

1. blue screen of death after trying to reset settings to factory - Similar Threads - blue screen death

2. Blue screen of death after factory reset can’t trouble shoot in administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen of death after factory reset can’t trouble shoot in administrator: I recently purchased a PC from a friend that wasn’t using the device anymore, they factory reset the computer now I’m stuck in a loop of select an operating system: windows 10 volume 3. I’m not sure how to get out of the loop because when I try any type of troubleshooting, I...
  3. Blue screen of death after factory reset can’t trouble shoot in administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen of death after factory reset can’t trouble shoot in administrator: I recently purchased a PC from a friend that wasn’t using the device anymore, they factory reset the computer now I’m stuck in a loop of select an operating system: windows 10 volume 3. I’m not sure how to get out of the loop because when I try any type of troubleshooting, I...
  4. Blue screen of death after factory reset can’t trouble shoot in administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blue screen after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen after factory reset: I factory reset my computer hoping for the device to run faster but after factory resetting the computer blue screens with stop code :NTFS FILE SYSTEM it will restart and after that the exact same blue screen will show up after it has automatically restarted. I have already...
  6. Blue screen after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen after factory reset: I factory reset my computer hoping for the device to run faster but after factory resetting the computer blue screens with stop code :NTFS FILE SYSTEM it will restart and after that the exact same blue screen will show up after it has automatically restarted. I have already...
  7. Blue screen after factory reset

8. Blue screen after factory reset

Blue screen after factory reset: Need solution for "why did my pc restart?" my dell desktop was fine before I did the factory reset. After the reset was finished and the screen said hi there lets get a few basic things out of the way so i filled out the country and language, after there it does not pass....
  9. blue screen after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blue screen after factory reset: Need solution for "why did my pc restart?" my dell desktop was fine before I did the factory reset. After the reset was finished and the screen said hi there lets get a few basic things out of the way so i filled out the country and language until i got to here [IMG]...
  10. After Factory Setting, Stuck in Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Factory Setting, Stuck in Blue Screen: Hi, I've read many have gone through this issue before but I still can't seem to get out from the blue screen of death. I did not back-up the drive because i thought "factory setting" would only remove my files, did not know it would remove the drive and windows! My...