Windows 10: Blue screen of death after updating Display drivers

Discus and support Blue screen of death after updating Display drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Error:- BSOD :- Critical_Process_Died and few other like Thread_stuck_in_Driver Tried all troubleshooting steps but no avail. Happens when I update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rohan NS, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Rohan NS Win User

Blue screen of death after updating Display drivers

Error:- BSOD :- Critical_Process_Died and few other like Thread_stuck_in_Driver

Tried all troubleshooting steps but no avail. Happens when I update the Graphic drivers

>>Safe Mode and reboot issue persists.
    >>Reinstalled OS
    >>Recreated drivers
    >>same issue after updating the driver.
    >>After setting a recovery point it boots but after driver update again same issue.
    >>BIOS reset done still same issue.
    >>All diagnostics done same issue.
    >>sfc scan no results and issue persists.
    >>No matter what I do I cant update the driver

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Rohan NS, Jul 16, 2020

2. Blue Screen Of Death problem

Hi Pranav,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following steps and check if it works:

Step 1:

I suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

If the issue persists then follow the below step.

Step 2:

I would suggest you to manually update the
    Display adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa on
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

If the issue still persists then, I would recommend you to download and install the latest
    Graphic card driver in compatibility mode from the manufacturer and check with the results.

Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP) on
    Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSOD Finding and fixing them

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    1803 update causing PC crash with Blue Screen of Death

Hello annebinding,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the exact error code/message you receive regarding the Blue Screen of death?

I understand that you are facing an issue regarding Blue Screen of Death. A faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate BSOD.
    We will look into this for you.

I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article step-by-step and see if it works:

The Operating System is designed to automatically receive new updates by default. We recommend not to stop the updates, since the updates consists various security patches and latest driver updates which helps to keep the computer safe and secure. Windows
    Updates will eventually need to be installed and downloaded, regardless of your update settings. However, you may temporarily pause updates from being downloaded and installed.

To know more on how to pause updates, you may refer to an article on:
    Manage updates in Windows 10.

Kindly get back to us with the results, we are looking into this for you and we will be glad to assist you if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Blue screen of death after updating Display drivers

Blue Screen of Death

Hi Kevin,

I am sorry to know that you are getting Blue screen errors.

Along with the suggestion provided by ZigZag, try the steps below.

If you see the blue screen only after sign-in
    and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
    • If this resolves the blue screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc), and run the all apps PowerShell command.
    powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821?wa=wsignin1.0

To uninstall a driver refer the steps below.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click On
      Device Manager.

• Then find the driver that you are trying to uninstall and right-click on it to
      Uninstall.

• Follow onscreen instructions to uninstall it.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Blue screen of death after updating Display drivers

1. Blue screen of death after updating Display drivers - Similar Threads - Blue screen death

2. Windows 10 blue screen of death after updating drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 blue screen of death after updating drivers: Hello, I need help. I was having problems with a steam game and I followed a guide on a website, the website told me to download DriverHub, I downloaded it, clicked on update drivers. After my PC updated the drivers, it restarted itself, and every time I logged into windows,...
  3. Windows 10 blue screen of death after updating drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 blue screen of death after updating drivers: Hello, I need help. I was having problems with a steam game and I followed a guide on a website, the website told me to download DriverHub, I downloaded it, clicked on update drivers. After my PC updated the drivers, it restarted itself, and every time I logged into windows,...
  4. Windows 10 blue screen of death after updating drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Help with blue screen of death after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with blue screen of death after update: I'm asking this for my partner, who I'm not physically with to be specific. Just today, her laptop went to sleep after she went idle for a period of time, and when it woke up, it was in the middle of updating. After the restart, whenever she tries to log in and use it after...
  6. Blue Screen of Death after Windows 10 and driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death after Windows 10 and driver updates: My system has started crashing regularly with the following details in the event Viewer- System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting [ Guid] {ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952} [ EventSourceName] BugCheck - EventID 1001 [ Qualifiers] 16384 Version...
  7. Blue Screen of Death after Windows 10 and driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen of Death after Windows 10 and driver updates: My system has started crashing regularly with the following details in the event Viewer- System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting [ Guid] {ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952} [ EventSourceName] BugCheck - EventID 1001 [ Qualifiers] 16384 Version...
  8. Blue Screen of Death after Windows 10 and driver updates

9. Blue Screen of Death after updates

Blue Screen of Death after updates: Hi everyone! My girlfriends laptop (MSI GV62 8RD) started to crash with bsod after a driver update. It bareley stays on, witout restarting, more than 5 minutes. I reinstalled windows first because I didn't know what causes the problem, but after a while, it started to crash...
  10. Blue screen of death after a WINDOWS update ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen of death after a WINDOWS update ?: WINDOWS uploaded a update. Computer basically has crashed ! Blue screen of death as come up. Ive tried all suggestions , Nothing works. I am able to pull up the comand part of computer. Is there a comand i can type in to bypass windows? Or delete it ? . There is no desktop...