Windows 10: Blue Screen of Death caused by BIOS Administrator password?

Discus and support Blue Screen of Death caused by BIOS Administrator password? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, all. So, I was messing around in my BIOS (motherboard is ASUS B85M-E; BIOS is on the latest version - 3602) & I wanted to see what the User &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Silexium, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Silexium Win User

Blue Screen of Death caused by BIOS Administrator password?

Hey, all.

So, I was messing around in my BIOS (motherboard is ASUS B85M-E; BIOS is on the latest version - 3602) & I wanted to see what the User & Administrator passwords did because I was curious. I set up the Administrator password & exited the BIOS. Windows booted normally to the Lock Screen & a couple of seconds later it crashed. The BIOS has been flashed twice to the latest version with no issues (1st time: 3504 --> 3602; 2nd time: reflashed the same BIOS version - 3602). Flashing was done through the BIOS using a FAT32 USB Drive. I've never had any BIOS related issues (no POST issues, no boot issues...), so it's weird to me that the BIOS would cause a BSOD. My BIOS settings are:

DRAM Frequency: DDR3-1600MHz (my RAM can run at this frequency & this is the maximum frequency the motherboard supports).
    Intel Virtualization Technology: Enabled (I use VMs, so I have to enable this feature in the BIOS).
    Fast Boot: Disabled (gives me more time to enter the BIOS).

Everything else is set to the BIOS defaults.

Windows version: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 x64
    Build: 19042.844

:)

Silexium, Mar 8, 2021
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Mala_S Win User
    1803 update causing PC crash with Blue Screen of Death

Hello annebinding,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the exact error code/message you receive regarding the Blue Screen of death?

I understand that you are facing an issue regarding Blue Screen of Death. A faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate BSOD.
    We will look into this for you.

I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article step-by-step and see if it works:

The Operating System is designed to automatically receive new updates by default. We recommend not to stop the updates, since the updates consists various security patches and latest driver updates which helps to keep the computer safe and secure. Windows
    Updates will eventually need to be installed and downloaded, regardless of your update settings. However, you may temporarily pause updates from being downloaded and installed.

To know more on how to pause updates, you may refer to an article on:
    Manage updates in Windows 10.

Kindly get back to us with the results, we are looking into this for you and we will be glad to assist you if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Blue Screen of Death caused by BIOS Administrator password?

Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

I have tried all of the options there, Which is why i included in my post the lists of things that i performed to isolate the cause of bsod. Thanks

cainegetutua, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Blue Screen of Death caused by BIOS Administrator password?

1. Blue Screen of Death caused by BIOS Administrator password? - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Death

2. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH PROBLEM AND BIOS PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH PROBLEM AND BIOS PROBLEM: Hi, Im having this problem where when I first boot my pc and play a first game of valorant blue screen of death happens after 5-10 mins. Then after the restart when I play again it doesnt happen. Stop code is PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA. I thought this was because of a recent...
  3. Incorrect password in blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect password in blue screen of death: My laptop is caught in a blue screen loop, and I have 2 problems.I cannot get to the safe mode: once restarted, my laptop screen stays blank and goes nowhere. I tried to holding the power button down and powering up the laptop several times. This sometimes lets me access the...
  4. Incorrect password in blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect password in blue screen of death: My laptop is caught in a blue screen loop, and I have 2 problems.I cannot get to the safe mode: once restarted, my laptop screen stays blank and goes nowhere. I tried to holding the power button down and powering up the laptop several times. This sometimes lets me access the...
  5. Incorrect password in blue screen of death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Blue Screen of Death's caused by NTOSKRNL.EXE

Blue Screen of Death's caused by NTOSKRNL.EXE: I regularly get BSOD's caused by NTOSKRNL.EXE. I've updated my drivers but I don't know what I should do next. My pc is running a AORUS B450 motherboard, Ryzen 5 3600, and 16 GB Ram. WhoCrashed is telling me this: https://pastebin.com/aWS3cfKP and here is my Minidump:...
  7. Blue screen of death and password not recognised

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen of death and password not recognised: Hi there, my Dell PC just went dead with the blue screen of death after an update... i have tried all methods that i have found online, but to no success. furthermore i have not being able to retrieve my password for my login. please advise. ken Fong...
  8. Blue screen of death with unknown cause

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen of death with unknown cause: [IMG] My windows 10 HP desktop, keeps giving be the blue screen of death. I tried uninstalling recent Microsoft updates, removing downloaded programs with no luck. I actually did a complete system reset and I'm still getting the blue screen. HELP!!!!!!!...
  9. Blue Screen of Death caused by Ntfs.sys

Blue Screen of Death caused by Ntfs.sys: Hi, I just got a blue screen error when I am viewing chrome. minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aok1tqJhZ5WIhRjyI8wk-9gVsyG4?e=HG2EiX I would be really appreciated if you guys can help me out, thanks! ***Original title: BSOD Ntfs.sys***...
  10. WINDOWS - Blue screen of death after BIOS.

WINDOWS - Blue screen of death after BIOS.: Hi there. I recently bought a new SSD, installed windows 10 on it, got some files sent over, noticed some problems supposedly caused by an old BIOS version (which, to be fair, hadn't seen an update in two years) and chose to flash it. After the update was done... I got a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bios administrator caused blue screen