Windows 10: Blue Screen of Death: DRIVER IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL error

Discus and support Blue Screen of Death: DRIVER IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I randomly started seeing this BSOD error this week after trying to eject my external hard drive which holds some games and photos. Now I am unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KoolMB, Sep 20, 2020.

1. KoolMB Win User

Blue Screen of Death: DRIVER IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL error

I randomly started seeing this BSOD error this week after trying to eject my external hard drive which holds some games and photos. Now I am unable to use my laptop for more than 5 minutes without receiving a BSOD. I recently updated my BIOS and installed Windows Updates prior to this issue. I attempted to run System Restore back to the day before I installed the updates, however the restore failed and any attempts to undo the restore fail as well. Now I receive an error upon startup that my windows apps are unavailable and show greyed out on the start menu. I am still having BSOD after 5 mins too. I was able to go into safe mode and retrieve the crash dumps which I will link below. Any and all assistance is appreciated.

MSI GT80S 6QE

Win10 18362.19H1_release.190318-1202

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VRWWePVehtJhs7bdY_4T-8_v5hNX-DkU?usp=sharing

:)

KoolMB, Sep 20, 2020
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Hi,

There are several reasons why you received this blue screen error on your computer. One of these is a corrupted driver for your display adapter. To troubleshoot your concern with Windows 10, we suggest that you perform the steps
    provided on this link.
    The link contains all the necessary information including troubleshooting guides related to blue screen errors.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Sep 20, 2020
  4. J-Man Win User

Blue screen of death?

If anyone happens to know the error called "DRIVE_IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS" please let me know. It says that on the blue screen of death I call it.

J-Man, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Blue Screen of Death: DRIVER IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL error - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Death

2. Blue screen, Driver Irql_less_or_not_equal error. lc163x64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen, Driver Irql_less_or_not_equal error. lc163x64.sys: Lately everyday I load up a game, my computer will blue screen after about 20 minutes, more or less. This has been going on for about 4 days now, and I've had this computer for a just a little less than a year and never had this problem before. I've tried checking my CPU...
  3. Blue screen, Driver Irql_less_or_not_equal error. lc163x64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen, Driver Irql_less_or_not_equal error. lc163x64.sys: Lately everyday I load up a game, my computer will blue screen after about 20 minutes, more or less. This has been going on for about 4 days now, and I've had this computer for a just a little less than a year and never had this problem before. I've tried checking my CPU...
  4. Blue screen, Driver Irql_less_or_not_equal error. lc163x64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blue Screen of Death Error

Blue Screen of Death Error: Hello! I am currently having blue screen error for days already. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. What failed: portcls.sys Here is a copy of my Minidump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq8uu-SrR-YsjBOO6YRWsRQWoOC2?e=HIhCnf Thank you...
  6. Blue Screen of Death Error

Blue Screen of Death Error: Hello! I am currently having blue screen error for days already. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. What failed: portcls.sys Here is a copy of my Minidump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq8uu-SrR-YsjBOO6YRWsRQWoOC2?e=HIhCnf Thank you...
  7. DRIVER IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DRIVER IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL: My PC is 3 weeks old. This issue happened within 2 minutes of me plugging my USB adapter into my front panel port. For 3 weeks it has been plugged into the back panel and there were no crashes. The only issue I had for these 3 weeks is that my internet randomly cuts off....
  8. Blue Screen Error of death.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue Screen Error of death.: I am facing a windows blue screen error problem many days. 3 or 4 types error are getting when I open my PC or sometimes i got this problem when I Restart my PC. I have tried many ways , but not fix the problem. Please help me for this issue....
  9. Driver irql_less_or_not_equal Windows 10 Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver irql_less_or_not_equal Windows 10 Error: Hello, I am facing this DRIVER IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL Error. I am Facing this Problem when I'm Playing game & When i used Photo Studio or android studio on my Acer swift 3 laptops. I have Genuine Windows 10 Version. My Friend Suggest me this solve my issue. should it be okay?...
  10. BSOD Driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL

BSOD Driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL: Hello, I have just built this PC. Was running without a GPU for a week and ran into no issues during that time. Yesterday I decided to install my old GTX 950 while I wait for my GTX 1080 to arrive so that I could get a little gaming in. Installed the latest driver from...